Xtratime Community banner

21 - 40 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
17,879 Posts
Wait...Relegation?! you are posting crap, camel. So if you hold a gun and point it at someone but don't shoot anybody should you get a death sentence?
I don't believe in the death sentence, but if you point a gun at someone, pull the trigger thinking there's a bullet, cause fear in your victim, but realize once the trigger is pulled that the gun is not loaded, then yeah you should definitely get punished somehow, probably severely.

·
Registered
17,879 Posts
Gravina said that there won't be any punishments from FIGC. If any punishments arrive they will be from UEFA, which makes sense as the clubs wanted to replace UEFA competitions with SL, while playing in domestic leagues simultaneously. Even Perez and Agnelli confirmed the importance of domestic leagues.
This is laughable though. Say this to Atalanta or Roma who would have to compete in Serie A with clubs getting SL revenue.

·
Registered
47,347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Gravina said that there won't be any punishments from FIGC. If any punishments arrive they will be from UEFA, which makes sense as the clubs wanted to replace UEFA competitions with SL, while playing in domestic leagues simultaneously. Even Perez and Agnelli confirmed the importance of domestic leagues.
Agnelli said that Juventus would have played in the UEFA CL too. It is not clear in what way!

Seriously, Ahmed, do you think Andrea Agnelli is trustworthy?

·
Registered
64,501 Posts
Play in the CL and SL? How is that even possible?

It's not about trust, clubs have lost money and they are looking for more cash.

·
Registered
47,347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
BTW Agnelli gives so much importance to domestic leagues that he said that the results of them should not affect the participation in the UEFA CL.

·
Registered
3,034 Posts
Do you think it is likely that with UEFA having now approved the new Swiss system CL from season 2024/25 with a GS of 10 games, Serie A will revert to 18 clubs by then?

·
Registered
46,677 Posts
I don't believe in the death sentence, but if you point a gun at someone, pull the trigger thinking there's a bullet, cause fear in your victim, but realize once the trigger is pulled that the gun is not loaded, then yeah you should definitely get punished somehow, probably severely.
The analogy is doesn't fit, imo. There's no gun or bullet. This is more akin to an employment gig where the employee is trying to bail for a better life but the hopes are dashed and he either has to return to the employer or have no job forever. There's another side to this...this isn't a relationship where one side can quit and find something somewhere else. Some are looking at it as treason...which would make UEFA = God and Country.

It's true that such actions can result in a breakdown of trust with the employer. Ordinarily, it would merit a sacking. But the dynamics of the wider market are different, as mentioned. On top of that, is the employer offering fair terms? That's a legit issue, imo.

Play in the CL and SL? How is that even possible?

It's not about trust, clubs have lost money and they are looking for more cash.
Yes, but why follow the Devil?

Btw, it's not even a debate...Toni's right already. It's known that Inter and Milan would be in the shit earnings tier of the SL, getting a fraction of what Juventus, Real, etc. would earn. Conveniently, it's the rivals of the clubs of Perez and Agnelli which are in the shit tier.

Agnelli and Perez couldn't even wait to screw us, lol.

This is a worse deal than what we currently have because it's set up to surpress Inter, Milan and Atletico. In the league (if UEFA had to accept the ESL), we could never challenge for the title. If ESL introduced its own FFP (and what's to stop them?), we'd be screwed eternally.

With a system like that, they don't even need Moggi as a ref designator.

Reactions: ToniSamp

·
Registered
3,034 Posts
Why would they want that?

You are essentially eliminating the two weakest teams from the division.

Also the product will improve because there will be more competitiveness with more at stake until deeper in the season.

·
Registered
64,501 Posts

Nice club that produced some good players. They were relegated in a dramatic last round match against Inter in 18-19 so good to see them return.

In other news Mourinho to Roma, which is certainly positive for Serie A.

Reactions: ToniSamp

·
Registered
64,501 Posts
Not to that extent, may be 4-5 new faces

·
Registered
47,347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
Not to that extent, may be 4-5 new faces
Well, depending on who those 4-5 new faces are and what the targets for the new season are. If they want the CL spot it is clear that they have to improve the team badly. Mourinho alone can't do anything.

·
Registered
17,879 Posts
I haven't watched much of Serie A in the last third of the season but there were some interesting results this weekend.

It was nice to see Inter play joyfully, especially Sanchez, and score some nice goals. Too bad for Sampdoria who just laid down in front of the opponent.

Napoli had a great result with 4 goals. I am proud of the players who are sticking up for Gattuso but it seems it will be too late to save him. Stupid DeLau.

Gattuso may join Fiorentina who have found a great striker. I wonder if he will be on Roma or Milan's shopping list.

Pirlo embarassingly fields a finished CR7 with no wingers around him. Milan hand Juve's asses back to them. Unbelievably bad managing by Pirlo, who still has the better players.

Roma with a crushing victory, interestingly with Fonseca fielding a 4-man defense (finally!). That may be a sign of what is to come next season with Mourinho's 4-2-3-1?

Seriously, next season, I think it would be very difficult for Inter to repeat. We shall see...

I forgot to say that I was sad to see Benevento lose today to Cagliari. If they get relegated I hope that they come back quickly into Serie A.

·
Registered
24,177 Posts
Seriously, next season, I think it would be very difficult for Inter to repeat. We shall see...
Why?

I can only see Juve beating them to it and Juve might be CR less next season.

Chiesa had maybe his worst game for Juve against us. Including a disgusting fake to try to get a Milan player booked.

·
Registered
6,737 Posts
He just came back form injury and we have a non entity as a coach, whoever has thought that the job of the manager in the football is overrated should watch Pirlo and reconsider his opinion. Having Elkann in the stands for the game was great, in that sense.

·
Registered
46,677 Posts
@Johan You're assuming Inter will remain the same or improve. A number of reports have said that Inter will need to offload big players (Lautaro has been mentioned and so have Skriniar and Eriksen) and that they'll have to go for youth. This could be good or it could be code for the sort of approach we had with Thohir or for becoming a 2nd tier Serie A club again.

The financial situation is still very precarious and a lot needs to be done. Chinese govt restrictions on investment outflows are still in place. It's not at all positive for Inter at the moment.

Let's not forget that this squad is not ideal. Yet a number of records were broken this season. In spite of the collapse of all the potential big transfers in the Jan window, Conte made it work. The players played on in spite of their salaries not being paid and in spite of all the talks about the club being sold, etc. The performance level is a massive accomplishment in all the circumstances...certainly not something easily repeatable.

21 - 40 of 50 Posts