Xtratime Community banner
1 - 20 of 183 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
Even though my season predictions lean towards the pessimistic, we're fans, right? And fans need to feel in August that anything is possible. So, let's go Samp! How about a first-week upset of the favorite AC Milan? Without Donnarumma, they haven't a chance against the mighty Quagliarella + Gabbiadini!

·
Registered
48,743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You are right. A win is not impossible. Or, better, I have no real idea of how good Milan is and how good/bad Sampdoria is. It is not the absence of Jankto which affects my opinion. He has never been a real factor in our wins. The random goals never made for his tactical deficiencies, in my opinion.

·
Registered
48,177 Posts
Has the preseason prep been good?

Reactions: TTM

·
Registered
48,743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Caprari and Murillo have not been called up. According to rumors the former has refused a contract extension with wages reduction and this is the result, the latter could be offloaded soon instead, probably to Celta for the third time on loan. Torregrossa injured again!

Official lineup (4-2-3-1): Audero - Bereszinsky, Yoshida, Colley, Augello - Thorsby, Ekdal - Candreva, Gabbiadini, Damsgaard - Quagliarella

·
Registered
285 Posts
I don't usually put up a pre-game post, but I want to say that I think this is the strongest lineup that Sampdoria has. So credit to d'Aversa and let's hope for a win!

·
Registered
285 Posts
Samp 0-1 Milan (HT)

That has got to be one of the most frustrating first halves I can remember. I don't know if you can say Samp are excellent, but they are certainly not bad, and just about as good as Milan. The goal was just a stupid double-lapse in defense by Augello and Audero.

Yoshida and Colley each had a good stop, and Berezynski and Candreva have a nice partnership going down the right side. Berezynski is uncharacteristically spending a lot of time forward, and Candreva has had a lot of crosses, but none quite sharp enough yet. Thorsby is pressing higher up than I am used to seeing, and Gabbiadini had the great calcio di punizione that was just tipped onto the bar. I guess we can just hope to see Samp continue like they are, with a bit more speed and accuacry up front.

I am, however, worried about depth. When d'Aversa starts making changes, who will come on? Adrien Silva - he's too defensive. Torregrossa? He has a lot left to prove. Is Verre still on the team?

·
Registered
285 Posts
Samp 0-1 Milan (FT)

This is the kind of game that makes you want to slam your fists down on the keyboard. There was really nothing between the two teams, just a dumb goal conceded early on. I wish I could see a video of all of Candreva's crosses. He had so many of them, but nothing really good. And if Gabbiadini's injury is as bad as it looks...who will score goals? As it is, there's no depth. Verre looked lively enough, but he's not a center forward.

@ToniSamp, let us know if there's some official word on Manolo.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Agree ,good game from Samp. Not many option in bench to put forward.
Nice to see Murru back om the pitch. He looked hungry.

Hope it's not to serious with Gabbiadini

Skickat från min SM-N975F via Tapatalk

·
Registered
48,743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Welcome Quag. :)
It's a classic. When a club sells/loans out forwards to the extent of being short of them at some point, the remaining ones get injured.
Unfortunately Gabbiadini is ruled out for at least 40 days.

·
Registered
48,743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Same starting lineup of the past game, bar Gabbiadini replaced by Verre. Sassuolo miss Berardi, huge loss for them and huge advantage for us.

·
Registered
285 Posts
SAS 0-0 SAM (HT)

So far, reminds me of the Milan game, minus the horrible defensive gaffe. The teams are about equal, it's an entertaining game, and I have no clue where a Sampdoria goal could come from. Quagilarella is not dangerous, Damsgaard is vanishing, Candreva is doing a lot right, but can't give an accurate final ball, Thorsby is fighting, but he's not going to score. At least Augello is improved from last week. Audero had a great play, going down to someone's feet to knock the ball away and prevent a shot on an empty net.

I won't be able to watch the 2nd half, as I need to attend a Zoom meeting. 0-0 wouldn't surprise me.

·
Registered
48,743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
And 0-0 it was. We are pretty solid but hardly dangerous in attack. Hopefully we will score or at least give the feeling we can score when we face weaker opponents (and remain solid)

1 - 20 of 183 Posts