Xtratime Community banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
17,844 Posts
Morata is 6'3, built like a Greek god but topples over like a pile of laundry whenever someone jostles for the ball with him.

He's so weak-minded, i've never seen someone have literally all the tools to succeed like he does, but just not have the mentality.

·
Registered
17,844 Posts
McKennie and Dybala played much better (in the part of the match I saw) than I had seen earlier in the season. Probably a good reason you held up in this game.

Also, is it just me or there is some promise in Luca Pellegrini?
Dybala has been playing better, but we need him to be much better and consistently so if we want to achieve anything. The problem is guys like him and Morata are luxury players, they aren't players you can hang your hat on and depend to do the brunt of the work needed over the course of a season. It's why i was for the Lukaku swap proposed back then, because Dybala just isn't consistent enough and his injury issues always end up scuppering his season.

Morata is even worse, just doesn't have the mentality to show up game in and game out and be a difference maker, doesn't have the willpower to be a top player and that's why it's never worked for him outside being a terrific squad player at Real, or having a run of scoring in important games like he did with us in his first stint.

McKennie is clearly talented but needs to adapt to the requirements of the role. But he has that ability to make a run and surge forward, and we need that more than ever because we get so little of it from any of our other central midfielders.

Reactions: camelface and van

·
Registered
17,844 Posts
Also, a lot of our players are not featuring for their national teams: Dybala, Morata, Alex Sandro, Rabiot, they seem to do better when these players aren't starting or playing for them.

I mean that in and of itself is a concern. It feels like we have a collection of underachievers on our roster and i don't like that.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts