Xtratime Community banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
MVP
9,123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last season's corresponding fixture did not go down too well.
We kick off at 21.00 tonight UAE time which is @ 18.00 local time in Italy.

Biraghi, Saponara, and of course Vlahovic come off some good form recently, and I'm sure after Sassuolo's win here, I wouldn't blame Fiorentina for going into this game with their sights intent on 3 points.

Some of Allegri's pre match talk:

Allegri: "Vlahovic is a good player and the numbers show it, but we have excellent defenders. The only game in which we took the wrong approach was Verona. Our real problem is to pull back when we take the lead, because that's where we become vulnerable. I've found Paulo Dybala more matured and eager, he trains in the right way every day and it shows. He has recovered well from his injury. You always play as you train. The league matches for us now are all must-win, until we find the mental continuity. We have to be realistic and practical. Our matches in the league have always been open, and this is not good. Morata finally got his goal and when he scores he is a player who then goes on a run. Kaio Jorge is continuing his path well, he is physically better, he can play as either a first or second striker."

I think our season's pattern will mirror last season's- in that we'll take a several steps forward, only to take to huge steps back. Now Juve on a small step forward (Zenit Win) and beating Fiorentina will be step forward. Consistency remains key, but I'm done predicting the form of this side...I'm scared to say "must win, 2-1 Juve" only for us to crash and burn 0-3. lol

Sports uniform Shorts Jersey Sports equipment Player

·
Registered
48,486 Posts
Juventus must prove that the win on Zenit wasn't just a win on a poor opponent and this is the perfect opportunity. They also have to find the previous clean sheet form, which is the "conditio sine qua non" they win games since their forwards can't score goals for their lives.

·
Administrator
53,562 Posts
Dont worry, we have McKennie to score goals.

·
MVP
9,123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Juan "Neymar" Cuadrado baby. Man thinks he's Neymar, and plays just like him whenever he feels like it 😂😂😂

·
Registered
14,565 Posts
Cuadrado's got to be one of the most underrated players of his generation.

Reactions: Rhizoid

·
Administrator
53,562 Posts
Lol what a troll finish to a god awful game.

• Haha
Reactions: Rhizoid

·
MVP
9,123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I swear when Salah or Messi score those types of goals, people lose their shit. Give Juan the Balon d'or 😁

·
MVP
9,123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Juve fans right now btw. We know where we stand but let us enjoy this!! loool

Cartoon Organism Gesture Line Art

·
Administrator
53,562 Posts
Morata is legit the worst most useless poser we had since forever. I can't wait til his loan contract expires so we can bring in a legit CF.

·
Registered
18,460 Posts
Morata is legit the worst most useless poser we had since forever. I can't wait til his loan contract expires so we can bring in a legit CF.
He has been very poor this season.

He was good for you and Spain in Euro 2020 though last year. He does better when he can run onto a ball into open space (eg. from the half-way line to the goal on the break) and maybe* Juve plays those balls over the defense less than they did with Pirlo.

*I haven't watched Juve enough this year to know Allegri's game plan.

·
Registered
14,565 Posts
There's no attacking game plan, just pass to Chiesa, Cuadrado o Dybala. That's often been Allegri since his time at Milan though, above all he builds a solid team and then relies on talented attacking players to create.

·
Registered
18,460 Posts
McKennie and Dybala played much better (in the part of the match I saw) than I had seen earlier in the season. Probably a good reason you held up in this game.

Also, is it just me or there is some promise in Luca Pellegrini?

·
MVP
9,123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
LMAO
Ecoregion Vertebrate Nature Organism Mammal

·
Registered
17,846 Posts
Morata is 6'3, built like a Greek god but topples over like a pile of laundry whenever someone jostles for the ball with him.

He's so weak-minded, i've never seen someone have literally all the tools to succeed like he does, but just not have the mentality.

·
Registered
17,846 Posts
McKennie and Dybala played much better (in the part of the match I saw) than I had seen earlier in the season. Probably a good reason you held up in this game.

Also, is it just me or there is some promise in Luca Pellegrini?
Dybala has been playing better, but we need him to be much better and consistently so if we want to achieve anything. The problem is guys like him and Morata are luxury players, they aren't players you can hang your hat on and depend to do the brunt of the work needed over the course of a season. It's why i was for the Lukaku swap proposed back then, because Dybala just isn't consistent enough and his injury issues always end up scuppering his season.

Morata is even worse, just doesn't have the mentality to show up game in and game out and be a difference maker, doesn't have the willpower to be a top player and that's why it's never worked for him outside being a terrific squad player at Real, or having a run of scoring in important games like he did with us in his first stint.

McKennie is clearly talented but needs to adapt to the requirements of the role. But he has that ability to make a run and surge forward, and we need that more than ever because we get so little of it from any of our other central midfielders.

Reactions: camelface and van

·
MVP
9,123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Yeah I think it's pretty clear- talent wise, and athletic wise, Morata has it all- but unfortunately he's super moody, which affects his final output.

·
MVP
9,123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
...also man and his missus were getting death threats in the Euro's. I mean, I've never received death threats, but that sh*t can shake you in ways you can't imagine.

·
Registered
17,846 Posts
Also, a lot of our players are not featuring for their national teams: Dybala, Morata, Alex Sandro, Rabiot, they seem to do better when these players aren't starting or playing for them.

I mean that in and of itself is a concern. It feels like we have a collection of underachievers on our roster and i don't like that.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts