Xtratime Community banner

61 - 68 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
10,138 Posts
This had little to do with luck. When Inter made it 1-2, it was crystal clear what was going to happen. We are so fragille and are unable to close matches even against Serie B sides because we lack quality all over the pitch.

Nice try, though.

·
Registered
8,913 Posts
This Hakan bey....I am sure is not an Alps level.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
10,138 Posts
He’s really a weird player, Hakan. You get the feeling that he can do great stuff, but 90% of what he does is like wth.

·
Registered
12,289 Posts
The positive of all this bs is that in the first half the players showed that they aren't just simply shiit and if they have self belief and a good system they can play some good football vs some good teams. The whole team was good in that half.

The second half showed as was said above hoe fragile these guys are. Even at the first obstacle they just crumble to the pressure.

We need better players to replace the worst of the starters, in this order please :
1.Hakan
2. Conti
3. Kjaer/Musachio
4.Kessie

While Samu is a fighter and does some good things a better player in his position is also a must.

5. Samu

And in a year Ibra will quit the game so wr better start preparing for that.

·
Super Moderator
13,722 Posts
Discussion Starter #65
The positive of all this bs is that in the first half the players showed that they aren't just simply shiit and if they have self belief and a good system they can play some good football vs some good teams. The whole team was good in that half.

The second half showed as was said above hoe fragile these guys are. Even at the first obstacle they just crumble to the pressure.

We need better players to replace the worst of the starters, in this order please :
1.Hakan
2. Conti
3. Kjaer/Musachio
4.Kessie

While Samu is a fighter and does some good things a better player in his position is also a must.

5. Samu

And in a year Ibra will quit the game so wr better start preparing for that.
I think that is spot on, though for me the order is more 3-4-1-2 (since we also have Calabria and the other needs are more urgent, IMO in a good team we could survive with those two as FB).

I still don't see how not subbing Hakan or his performance is somehow portrayed as an important negative factor in this game, in which the attack did pretty well and the defense/mental strength let us down.

·
Registered
41,681 Posts
Tough loss.

Can I interest you guys with a certain Phil Jones?

He's as good as Smalling if not worse.

·
Registered
12,289 Posts
I think that is spot on, though for me the order is more 3-4-1-2 (since we also have Calabria and the other needs are more urgent, IMO in a good team we could survive with those two as FB).

I still don't see how not subbing Hakan or his performance is somehow portrayed as an important negative factor in this game, in which the attack did pretty well and the defense/mental strength let us down.
Yes you are right central defense is more important than RB, even though both Conti and Calabria suck more than Kjaer and Musachio.

Again in regard to Hakan :) ... his position is vital as well, be it on the left or as number 10 ... he needs to be the link, provide assists and score in regular bases, and what is his worst attribute is the decision making. Samu isnt anywhere world class but he does so much more on the right. And what is more disturbing is that he seems to always start?! We had Suso before that was starting all games BUT still you could expect a goal or assist from his usual moves, BUT with Hakan you expect him to make the wrong decision almost every-time, especially when we are on the counter.

Kessie is also bad, but unfortunately we dont have any subs for him atm, and when Krunic was fit he would have started instead of him ... which isnt the case with the wonderkid Hakan. We have Rebic all season for the left BUT we play Hakan there ... one of the more talented players - Paqueta as well can play Hakan position BUT no. And remember how good Paqueta was when he came last January, but we are keeping him as a sub and his confidence is at the bottom.

Most Ita coaches are clueless.

61 - 68 of 68 Posts