Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Super Moderator
13,647 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tough game and unless we improve a ton in all aspects of the game, it has the potential to be a debacle.

·
Registered
57,659 Posts
The clean sheet against Udinese was our first clean sheet in 2020 though (after 6 matches without any clean sheets in Serie A and Coppa), and Udinese had good scoring chances.

I guess Calhanoglu won't really play as a winger but more of a 3rd CM.

·
Registered
12,204 Posts
I keep hearing that this game is hard to predict LOL

It is f very easy to predict Inter winning this, as it was easy predicting us winning back in the days.

I just hope that it wont be a total humiliation.

·
Registered
12,204 Posts
I would play Rebic on the left as Hakan is one of the worst starting players we have had in the last 30 years.

·
Super Moderator
13,647 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I see Rebic much more as a striker really than as LW, especially in this formation. If we were playing 3 upfront perhaps, unless in we're total all out attack mode. If you don't want Hakan (I don't think he's that bad honestly, though certainly not good enough) I think Jack or the new Belgian kid or even Paquetá are more likely.

I agree, Inter are very very strong favorites here. Anything other than a defeat would be a great achievement and would require quite an improvement.

·
Registered
57,659 Posts
We have recently failed to beat teams like Cagliari and Lecce so really anything can happen.

I remember 11-12, Inter were worse than Milan that season but still we won both derbies.

I also remember us losing derbies in seasons where we were better than Milan like for instance 2007-2008 (2nd derby) and 2008-2009 (1st derby)

Inter are better in the table now but that does not mean an automatic derby win.

If you play Rebic, Zlatan, Leao and Castillejo it would be unbalanced for sure. Too attacking. I think Calhanoglu would play as a 3rd cm based on the probable lineup which makes sense as Inter use 3 in the middle, you can't leave Bennacer-Kessie outnumbered in midfield.

·
Registered
10,087 Posts
We have recently failed to beat teams like Cagliari and Lecce so really anything can happen.

I remember 11-12, Inter were worse than Milan that season but still we won both derbies.

I also remember us losing derbies in seasons where we were better than Milan like for instance 2007-2008 (2nd derby) and 2008-2009 (1st derby)

Inter are better in the table now but that does not mean an automatic derby win.

If you play Rebic, Zlatan, Leao and Castillejo it would be unbalanced for sure. Too attacking. I think Calhanoglu would play as a 3rd cm based on the probable lineup which makes sense as Inter use 3 in the middle, you can't leave Bennacer-Kessie outnumbered in midfield.
Yes, as mentioned, easy win, so congrats in advance to us!

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
I think 4-4-1-1 / 4-2-3-1 is more fit, based our current situation (Only Ibra the real No. 9).

Donnarumma; Conti, Musacchio, Romagnoli, Theo; Castillejo, Kessie, Bennacer, Rebic; Hakan; Ibrahimovic.

·
Super Moderator
13,647 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
We can score a goal or two. Theo, Zlatan, Rebic, Samu, Hakan etc. are dangerous or at least in decent form.

The main worry is defensive. All teams have created many clear chances against us lately, even shitty rivals, and we have a lot of issues in defensive transitions (mostly because of the formation and because we lack a real DM to cover and play very attacking fullbacks who are poor at marking even when they are back). Inter are quite good at taking advantage of that. Their attackers are in great form, they have plenty of mids who can score, and Conte wingbacks are always dangerous.

If we don't improve a lot in defense or get extremely lucky, or unless Donnarumma plays 10/10, we can easily concede 3+ goals tomorrow.

·
Registered
4,888 Posts
Milan legends Saponara and Lapadula just put in a banger against Napoli.

With Napoli and Roma dropping points at home this weekend, today's loss will sting slightly less.

·
Super Moderator
13,647 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Forza Milan!

·
Super Moderator
13,647 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Great start

·
Super Moderator
13,647 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
AHHHH so close!

·
Registered
2,376 Posts
Close for Inter, but only on set pieces. Conti should really not be marking Godin on corners. Assign him to Barella or some short guys

·
Registered
2,376 Posts
Rebic is like a new winter signing. Totally changed and threat most of the time

·
Super Moderator
13,647 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Can't believe how good we're playing

·
Super Moderator
13,647 Posts