Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Super Moderator
13,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We are now three games without scoring, two points from the last nine including two draws at home against accessible teams and a brutal defeat away to Atalanta.

This is a tough game, though Cagliari have not won any of their last four games either, after an excellent start of the season, and come a bad defeat in Turin.

·
Super Moderator
13,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
According to Gazzetta, the one below is the likely formation, supposedly a 4-4-2.

It will be interesting to see how it actually looks because with the same names it could easily be a 4-3-3 or 4-2-3-1.

It is also wroth noting that despite all the money spent by Milan the past few years, Cagliari's lineup does not look a lot weaker. They've made decent investment lately, but, still, it's pretty shocking.

·
Super Moderator
13,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
According to Gazzetta, the one below is the likely formation, supposedly a 4-4-2.

It will be interesting to see how it actually looks because with the same names it could easily be a 4-3-3 or 4-2-3-1.

It is also wroth noting that despite all the money spent by Milan the past few years, Cagliari's lineup does not look a lot weaker. They've made decent investment lately, but, still, it's pretty shocking.

View attachment 69861
I hope it's 4-3-3 not 4-4-2.

·
Administrator
52,351 Posts
Finally a reason to tune in for Milan games again. Uncle Ibra still got it.

He gave such a stink eye to that linesman for ruling out his 2nd lol.

·
Registered
12,203 Posts
We switched the system and when you have Ibra even at 38y old it's easier. We were more direct and didnt have much possession or passes. But we created more than them and had a goal disallowed as well.

Ibra effect is real, even if not as 10y ago.

·
Super Moderator
13,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Great win in a tough place.

Very good pass by Samu for Leao in the first goal, though lucky deflection. Then great goal by Zlatan. Leao looks more or less the same as usual; I'm still not convinced he's a forward.

Very good game by Romagnoli IMO. Theo a bit disappointing but made the assist. Still he made many mistakes in both ends. I thought Calabria was better today.

The central midfield needs to improve, very inconsistent pair of Kessie and Bennacer. I like how Hakan is finally progressing, just very energetic and generous, but needs to deliver more in the last third. Samu is clearly better suited for this formation (4-4-2) than for anything that involves him playing as a proper winger.

·
Registered
12,203 Posts
With Ibra in the line up we need runers, that's why Leao, Samu and Theo even Calabria were involved in many actions.

Suso will get it even harder to succeed in this line up and we should sell him asap when he still has a good value of over 20m.

I totally forgot about Rebic, but don't know what to expect from him... He may be the sub in the attack.

Maybe Pioli should try Paqueta as left midfielder instead of Hakan. It will be such a shame when he succeeds in PSG and we keep the awful Hakan ffs.

·
Registered
10,084 Posts
You may want to tone down that exuberant enthusiasm.
Ibra whoohoo... Why didn’t people listen to me 5 years ago instead of guessing that he would have been a short-term solution? We would have participated in several UCLs and would have been finding ourselves in a different financial position.

·
Scudetto
23,364 Posts
With Ibra in the line up we need runers, that's why Leao, Samu and Theo even Calabria were involved in many actions.

Suso will get it even harder to succeed in this line up and we should sell him asap when he still has a good value of over 20m.

I totally forgot about Rebic, but don't know what to expect from him... He may be the sub in the attack.

Maybe Pioli should try Paqueta as left midfielder instead of Hakan. It will be such a shame when he succeeds in PSG and we keep the awful Hakan ffs.
Paqueta is gone.

·
Registered
8,830 Posts
Ibra whoohoo... Why didn’t people listen to me 5 years ago instead of guessing that he would have been a short-term solution? We would have participated in several UCLs and would have been finding ourselves in a different financial position.
Hold your horses Laudrup, this is only his first match as a starter.
The rest around him will go back to their natural state after a while.
Hope not though....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 20 Posts