Xtratime Community banner

121 - 140 of 149 Posts

·
Registered
46,989 Posts
Discussion Starter #121
Finally Damsgaard

But for Adrien Silva, the one in the middle without a yellow card...

back to 4-4-2

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
The selected matches in Serie A in 2021 have for the most part come through for me.

The team I love best in Italy, and I always have when I first saw the team is the one and the only one, Roma. Roma is Italy at it's finest. Everybody in Italy is a fan of one kind or another of Roma. Roma won for me recently and did the goal-line.

Long Live Roma, the mothering wolf and bambino twins. :)

·
Registered
46,989 Posts
Discussion Starter #125
Well, replacing Keita with Ramirez up to now has not been a brilliant choice. I would have liked to see Keita and Torregrossa together tbh.

·
Registered
46,989 Posts
Discussion Starter #127
This is easily the weakest Juventus we have faced in the last ten seasons. Too bad that we haven't even tried!

·
Registered
17,737 Posts
Chiellini was masterful today. I don't remember any of your strikers having a decent chance today. Totally muffled.

Torregrossa was disappointing and Gaston was awful.

·
Registered
152 Posts
I saw the 2nd half and thought Samp gave a decent showing. Juventus is just too good, I guess that's the bottom line. For me, Yoshida was the Man of the Match. Colley also looked good, better than I've ever seen him, I think. I don't know if Tonnelli is hurt, but Yoshida should be ahead of him on merit.

Why was Candeva taken off? He was a big part of the attacks and set pieces Samp did get. Also, maybe Ekdal should have gone off instead of Silva, as Ranieri was lucky not to see him red cardedl.

·
Registered
46,322 Posts
Agree with Natan. Yoshida and Colley were brilliant. World class performances by both. That Yoshida tackle from behind on CR7 was more than highlight reel stuff. Beautiful. Felt bad for Colley when Juventus scored the 2nd. No one was covering Chiesa.

What let you down were some stupid turnovers by some of your other players. Keita Balde was awful. He was presumably played to give you a nice outlet but he kept giving the ball away cheaply. Since he couldn't perform that function, Torregrossa became the guy who really should have come on at half time.

Reactions: ToniSamp

·
Registered
46,989 Posts
Discussion Starter #131
The lunch game was quite indigestible. Luckily, after the goal scored by Caprari (law of the former player who scores was followed), we found the way to equalize thanks to Keita and above all Damsgaard who created the chance. We would have a good team, too bad that we play uglinho.

·
Registered
152 Posts
You'll remember I was against releasing Caprari. Although I admit that today Samp has maybe 5-6 forwards better than him.

In four total Serie A games against Benevento, Samp has 4 points. Let's wait until the end of the season and see if there is another team with such a poor record.

I guess now it's time to beat Lazio, Fiorentina and Atalanta again? Or did I get the schedule mixed up...

·
Registered
46,989 Posts
Discussion Starter #133
We won (6 points with Fiorentina) but my feeling is always that we could play better. I'm not sayig that we could have more points. I'm not sure about that. Ranieri actually gains points. We go on playing uglinho. Lately we are often saved by Audero who has finally become a goalie who makes us gain points. Keita almost always scores, Damsgaard has one great play every 4-5 games and today he was rightly replaced for being poor, Ramirez was a bit better than useless, Candreva and Quagliarella came in and won the game. Just a supporter could watch the games of this team. The appeal has reached a pretty low point, in spite of the overall quality of the team which is not so low indeed.

·
Registered
17,737 Posts
We won (6 points with Fiorentina) but my feeling is always that we could play better. I'm not sayig that we could have more points. I'm not sure about that. Ranieri actually gains points. We go on playing uglinho. Lately we are often saved by Audero who has finally become a goalie who makes us gain points. Keita almost always scores, Damsgaard has one great play every 4-5 games and today he was rightly replaced for being poor, Ramirez was a bit better than useless, Candreva and Quagliarella came in and won the game. Just a supporter could watch the games of this team. The appeal has reached a pretty low point, in spite of the overall quality of the team which is not so low indeed.
The team struggles to go forward with its 442. In the end it is very dependent on Keita from what I have seen.

Colley and Yoshida seem to be a solid central duo and the rest of the team is composed of hard workers.

Like you allude to, Samp is a team one feels good to see win, but whether one wants to watch the full 90 mins is another story. :p

·
Registered
46,989 Posts
Discussion Starter #135
The midfield should have more quality. No disrespect to Thorsby whose hard work is precious. He is probably one of the most hard-working midfielders in serie A, but more quality is also needed. Ekdal-Adrien Silva is a better pair from this point of view... but it doesn't really work either. Then we have the so called trequartisti, Ramirez and Verre, who are not consistent enough. And so is Damsgaard. I won't mention Jankto, who was abysmal yesterday. I also think that our roster is too rich in some positions and that makes Ranieri tinker a lot.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Seems to me there is no attacking central midfielder that can give a really good through ball - did anyone say Linetty?

·
Registered
46,322 Posts
What are your thoughts on Damsgaard? I'm not able to form an opinion on the guy yet but he seems to be highly rated and in demand.

·
Registered
46,989 Posts
Discussion Starter #138
What are your thoughts on Damsgaard? I'm not able to form an opinion on the guy yet but he seems to be highly rated and in demand.
Excellent, but he needs time to improve because he is very young and needs to gain self confidence. Unfortunately I fear that if a offer of 20+ million euros comes he is gone.

·
Registered
17,737 Posts
It's strange because Serie A teams seem to be able to find able-footed midfielders that can put in a through ball.

I think the 4-4-2 demands more of each individual midfielder than other 352 and 433 systems though, so that is probably why some team's midfielders look better - they have the support very close to them.

Overall though, I respect this team and of course the manager. The victory against Fiorentina is a very good result. I would have thought Fiorentina the superior team prior to the game, especially since they started to mimic the Inter and Lazio 3-5-2 system.

·
Registered
46,322 Posts
Like you allude to, Samp is a team one feels good to see win, but whether one wants to watch the full 90 mins is another story. :p
I agree. They're not exactly bad to watch but they obviously aren't as exciting as Atalanta or Sassuolo for example (then again, how many teams are). I like to tune into Samp games though because I just like and respect the club and their history, with their classic teams and players. And of course because of Toni, who makes me want them to do well even more.

121 - 140 of 149 Posts