Xtratime Community banner

101 - 120 of 149 Posts

·
Registered
46,322 Posts
That header was sick. Difficult just to win it over the opponent but to then get that power and direction...big props.

Reactions: ToniSamp

·
Registered
152 Posts
Torregrossa was the man we needed, a new Bazzani, someone who can make a proper use of the crosses coming from the wings (Candreva from the right flank and Augello from the left flank). Hopefully Torregrossa is in the starting lineup in the next game at Parma.
I guess now we get into the discussions if Quagliarella and Torregrossa can play together :)

·
Registered
152 Posts
I'm wondering who chose Parma-Sampdoria to be the late game on Sunday. Not that I mind, of course - I will probably be able to watch at least part of it, but, still, it seems strange.

I guess the same could be said about last week's Saturday evening kickoff against Udinese.

·
Registered
46,990 Posts
Discussion Starter #105
yeah, on the same gameday of Milan - Atalanta and without European competitions few days later it's an odd choice.

·
Registered
46,322 Posts
I guess they didn't want Inter or Milan to complain that any of them were given more recovery time before the Coppa match.

Btw @ToniSamp ...how about that Ilicic, huh?

I know you were all like

Reactions: ToniSamp

·
Registered
46,990 Posts
Discussion Starter #107
Good win, lucky win.
I think the lineup Ranieri fielded in the first half was risky. And we risked, but luckily they missed, Audero saved and we scored. In the second half we controlled the game.
I'm sorry for the supportes Parma, but the fact that they can't win this sort of games pretty much tells that they are heading towards serie B. I recognize a "miserable season" when I see one. This is one. Hopefully Parma will prove me wrong.

·
Registered
17,737 Posts
I only watched the second half, and this was my first time seeing Samp this season. They look like a solid mid 2000s team. Candreva is one of the few players left who can play a legitimate midfield winger role. Torregrossa was pretty poor but I like that you guys signed him as a substitute; he can be a useful player.

·
Administrator
53,260 Posts
Lets go Toni, are you ready? :D

·
Registered
46,990 Posts
Discussion Starter #111
yep, I'm here

Ranieri has chosen some sort of catenaccio with Ekdal as the libero/sweeper. You have to love the Tinkerman (sometimes)

·
Administrator
53,260 Posts
Makes sense. Deep bunker style is the way to play against this naive Pirlo tactic.

·
Registered
46,990 Posts
Discussion Starter #114
I was 100% sure Chiesa would score. Well, I will try to avoid insults when talking about this... guy

·
Registered
46,990 Posts
Discussion Starter #115
Ok Claudie', your tactical plan has already failed, it's time to change someone because we have too many guys who could never build a chance to score.

·
Administrator
53,260 Posts
Yeah seeing it live, I thought "Tonis favourite player scores"

·
Administrator
53,260 Posts
Ok Claudie', your tactical plan has already failed, it's time to change someone because we have too many guys who could never build a chance to score.
Yeah your counters aren't going anywhere.

·
Registered
46,990 Posts
Discussion Starter #120
Somehow, thanks to Audero and Yoshida, we are not dead at half time. Quagliarella must be subbed and and one out of Thorsby/Ekdal too. It's time to throw in Damsgaard and Torregrossa.

Is it usual for Balde to bottle so many plays per game?
yep, but he also scores pretty often. The problem is Quagliarella who has reached the sunset boulevard.

101 - 120 of 149 Posts