Xtratime Community banner

81 - 100 of 175 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Final score of 3-1. Not a bad game, I'm just sorry the last goal from Candreva to Quagliarella was ruled out. That would have been fun - two old-timers combining. No question Samp was the better team, and Crotone are in big trouble. On to Sassuolo...

·
Registered
124 Posts
Agree, good game to watch, Candreva got to play a few minuts and showed some energy.

Would have liked to se Keita balde on the pitch as well

Skickat från min SM-N975F via Tapatalk

·
Registered
47,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #83
Ranieri is a Devil. He confirmed the team which defeated Verona, in that way he had to give no explanation for his choices, above all for keeping Candreva on the beach almost 90 minutes. After the game Ranieri said that with Candreva everything is solved and the prove is that he played (lol, few minutes).

·
Registered
124 Posts
Fun game to watch, lots of ball and center attacks from Sampsoria. quagliarella have had some decent chances but he is not been on target yet, hope he gets to put on in

·
Registered
124 Posts
It really is different level on Keita compared to the others, you can see that he playes on a higher level

·
Registered
47,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #88
What can I say? First of all that I expected it. I mean the defeat. Sassuolo are not really the better team. Or maybe they are, but if they are we are not talking about an Invencible Armada anyway, not at all. Their three goals were three presents made by our defenders... it's Christmas time! Calamity Tonelli in particular. Probably Candreva should have started. Surely Candreva-Keita is a duo which belongs to a different level respect to most of their teammates.
Last line for the referee. Ayroldi from Molfetta has been decisive. And it's the second time in this season after the game with Cagliari (again defenders+Ayroldi). No more Ayroldi for this season, ok? And if he is discarded by AIA for good I don't mind (but it want happen).

·
Registered
47,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #89
A defeat to Roma which was more than predictable. The rain could help us keeping a goal-less draw but in the end we conceded. Dzeko has fun every time he faces Sampdoria. Inter next lol.

·
Registered
47,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #90
This is the kind of game which saves the season: a win on one of the three strongest candidates to win the scudetto. We were lucky but no one wins without Lady Luck on his side. No one can say we didn't deserve it anyway. Much depended on the opponent obviously. They missed, our team didn't. I wish them good luck for the next 18 games of the season.

My ratings: Audero 7.5 - Yoshida 6.5, Tonelli 7 (Bereszynski 6), Colley 5, Augello 5 - Candreva 7, Thorsby 6, Adrien Silva 7.5 (Askildsen 6), Jankto 6 (Léris 6) - Damsgaard 7.5, Keita 7.5 (La Gumina nv). Ranieri 8

·
Registered
155 Posts
I just watched the highlights of the Inter game. What a run from Damsgaard to set up the second. Looks like Audero had a really good game, not just the penalty save. We've criticized him plenty around here, so it's nice to give credit when it's due. I wonder if the Sassuolo result would have been different had Keira not been suspended.

I think I saw that Samp is eight points from relegation and eight points from Europe. Is there a better definition of mid-table mediocrity than that?

·
Registered
47,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #92
Yeah, the true definition of mediocrity. But made of unpredictable ups and downs.
For example I do not rule out a defeat at La Spezia now, even if the most probable result is a goalless draw.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Boy, watched the 2nd half against Spezia - that was just awful. It took the team 21 minutes just to get out of the dressing room. I mean, absolutely nothing until the 66th minute. And after that, very little until Yoshida had a good chance from a free kick in injury time, but headed wide. Man, how did this team beat Inter? And why did Ranieri not make any substitutions until 78 minutes? Truth be told, Spezia didn't really do much either, just the penalty from a poor decision by Thorsby.

Very disappointing.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Awful game, hardly produced anything. Can't understand why Ranieri only started with one attacker against a team like this instead of trying to go for the win

·
Registered
47,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #95
I really can't understand a performance like the one of our team tonight. Too bad to be true. We were playing against Spezia ffs! I'm really disappointed by Ranieri and the players. I told you right after the win with Inter that this team has ups and downs... I save just Damsgaard, the other ones were poor or bad or really bad, Candreva included. And the first player Ranieri replaced was Damsgaard! (with Jankto, who had not been the worst anyway). He kept an irritating Keita on the pitch for almost 90 minutes instead. Oddly, Ramirez was quite convincing when he came in late for Keita.

My ratigs: Audero 6 - Bereszynski 5.5, Yoshida 5.5, Colley 4, Augello 5 - Candreva 6 (just for the goal), Thorsby 4, Ekdal 4, Jankto 5.5 - Damsgaard 6, Keita 3
Subs nv because the Tinkerman kept the same players for 78 minutes!

·
Registered
46,502 Posts
FFS, couldn't you guys have done this against us and switched it up vs Spezia?

Reactions: ToniSamp

·
Registered
155 Posts
HT, 0-0 vs. Udinese. Not the best game, Udinese probably marginally the better side so far. I'm wondering if Adrien Silva & Ekdal isn't too defensive of a midfield pairing. Candreva, Verre and Quagliarella have all been largely anonymous so far.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Sampdoria 2, Udinese 1.

The 2nd half was better, especially after Ranieri's triple substitution. The Udinese goal certainly wasn't Audero's fault, and I thought Samp's defense played pretty well, except for that lapse. I really don't like Panenka penalties, and Candreva's was no exception, but it did go in. And what can we say about Torregrossa's winner? What a header! He just blew the defender up. I haven't seen a goal like that in a long time.

For me, Augello had a really good game, not just the assist. The Ekdal substitution in the 84th minute I thought was a strange one, unless he was hurt or exhausted. I'd also like to see more of Ramirez, but I guess for now Damsgaard has Ranieri's favor - and he's not too bad either.

Good win, decent game, on to Parma.

·
Registered
47,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #99
Torregrossa was the man we needed, a new Bazzani, someone who can make a proper use of the crosses coming from the wings (Candreva from the right flank and Augello from the left flank). Hopefully Torregrossa is in the starting lineup in the next game at Parma.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Great start for Torregrossa, hopefully he keeps up this momentum. We really need an attacker who is good on his head considering how much balls we shoot in from the flanks.

81 - 100 of 175 Posts