·
Registered
61,186 Posts
Consigli tends to becomes Manuel Neuer when we play Sassuolo

Reactions: Firdaus

·
Registered
104 Posts
Probably promised himself to never let you guys batter him again.

I think it was in Sassuolo's first or second season in Serie A, when you beat them by many goals. Might have been that season where Sassuolo barely escaped relegation.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Crotone continues to look like a relegation candidate. Cagliari's second goal only needed two passes to travel all the way from Cagliari's defence to Crotone's box. Godin passed the ball through their whole midfield line to Joao Pedro, who sent the ball past their defence, Simeone jr capped the move by putting it past GK Cordaz (Inter product).

Crotone's only point so far have come against Juve.

Heavy 90s flavour on the bench in the form of former Serie A players Giovanni Stroppa and Eusebio Di Francesco, managers of Crotone and Cagliari respectively. Incidentally, both played under Zeman during their career.

·
Registered
13,140 Posts
This championship (and maybe others) looks increasingly likely to be decided by which club can best enforce COVID protocols and keep their best players uninfected and on the pitch. It will combine discipline of a different kind. It's rather fascinating, if the matches even continue. Heading into a dark winter.

·
Registered
104 Posts
True, a lot of uncertainity. Donnarumma tested positive for covid, unavailable against Roma tonight. Tatarusanu to get his Milan debut.

·
Registered
45,679 Posts
@Roberto41 Everyday, I like you more and more. Did you post here before or did you just find this site recently?

·
Registered
104 Posts
Random trivia

- Joao Pedro is now joint second on the list of all time Serie A goalscorers for Cagliari, with 45 goals. Riva (156), Joao Pedro (45), Luis Oliveira (45), David Suazo (44) and Roberto Muzzi (41) make up the top 5.

Incidentally, apart from Oliveira, all of the above players not only played for Cagliari in Serie B, but all experienced both relegation to B and promotion from B, with Cagliari too.

·
Administrator
53,109 Posts
I just randomly came across this site mostly made up of nearly (or actually) middle-aged has beens who have spent half a lifetime here. Figured I'd fit right in.
Lol you are really new new? I just assumed you were an old member with new name. We had incident with lots of lost accounts moving servers, so assumed something to do with that.

You Scandinavian?

·
Registered
104 Posts
My previous nick was Dracula. I don't know if you guys remember me, but I remember all of you old timers. I left in 2012, changed my password to something random I would not know, to get away. Then I became a father, and my priorities changed drastically.

Recently though I had this desire to connect with my XT brothers again. Seemed like you guys needed some fresh views.

Seen so much shit on XT over the years, you wouldn't believe. :) Then Tazz dies, the one you thought was immortal. Know he was close to you Fird, my condolences brother.

·
Administrator
53,109 Posts
Now that makes more sense then total new guy I remember the name Dracula, Roma fan? Welcome back my man. And yeah we all miss Tazz, I miss the msn chats and arguing about Reggae music.

·
Registered
45,679 Posts
My previous nick was Dracula. I don't know if you guys remember me, but I remember all of you old timers. I left in 2012, changed my password to something random I would not know, to get away. Then I became a father, and my priorities changed drastically.

Recently though I had this desire to connect with my XT brothers again. Seemed like you guys needed some fresh views.

Seen so much shit on XT over the years, you wouldn't believe. :) Then Tazz dies, the one you thought was immortal. Know he was close to you Fird, my condolences brother.
Thanks, Brother. Tazz was the best.

I definitely remember you. Not just posting about Serie A but in the off-topic as well. You always struck me as super cool and knowledgeable in many areas...now it clicks for me because you've been showing that with your recent posts too.

I'm just trying to recall the avatars you used. Did you not use this same Baggio avatar back then? I recall you had a Snoop Dogg vampire avatar for quite a while too (hope I'm not getting confused here).

Yes, we always need fresh views, lol. Great to have you back again.

Reactions: Roberto41

·
Registered
104 Posts
Thanks for the welcome guys, and the nice words @Fird. Definitely had a Snoop avatar for years. :)

I have access to more football than ever before, through subscriptions enforced on me by my internet provider, but I also have less time than ever before to watch games. Also the desire to watch anything else than calcio is really not there anymore. When the contemporary top matches like Barca-Real and ManU-Chelsea don't entice you much, I guess you really can't call yourself a fan of the game anymore.

But there's something about these Cagliaris and Torinos, they've been a part of my life as far as I can remember, its impossible to not get excited when the chance to see Serie A teams in action comes up.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Wow, Sassuolo beat Napoli 2-0 away, despite missing Caputo, Berardi and several others. Will be intetesting to see the highlights from this match, Sassuolo's second goal was apparently controversial.

Poor Torino, thought they had gotten their first win for the season when Lukic made it 3-2 in the 87th minute. Verdi did well before that, on 2-2, to not score on open goal two meters from goal. Lazio ended up scoring twice on stoppage time though, to take home all three points. Got a penalty, after VAR check, when Immobile shot the ball on what seems to be the elbow of N'koulou. And Caicedo scored the winner 7-8 minutes into stoppage time.

Bad day for Fiorentina's new centre back Quarta, as he was directly involved in the first goal Roma scored. And then got sent off at the end of the match.

·
Registered
23,966 Posts
Wow, Sassuolo beat Napoli 2-0 away, despite missing Caputo, Berardi and several others. Will be intetesting to see the highlights from this match, Sassuolo's second goal was apparently controversial.
Oshimen had his shirt pulled when going clear on goal, this just before the 2-0. His mistake though was to continue running after he was no longer pulled back and then diving while there was no contact.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Osimhen also missed a sitter when Consigli gifted him the ball inside the box. He needs to work on his finishing.

I also felt he was too shy of taking shots on goal in Napoli's 6-0 win over Genoa. Napoli scored 12 goals in their first three matches, and Osimhen only contributed with one of those.

He did well otherwise, but he needs to be the main scoring outlet for Napoli. Lozano won't be that over the course of the season, and Mertens is past his prime.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Gianluca Scamacca, on loan from Sassuolo, scored a brace for Genoa in the Coppa Italia game against Serie C outfit Catanzaro, and then followed it up with a goal against Sampdoria in the derby (1-1).

Apparently spent last season at Ascoli, where he helped them barely escape relegation from Serie B by scoring 9 goals from 33 apps.

·
Registered
45,679 Posts
Sassuolo's winning a lot of fans and hearts, that's for sure. There's a recent interview with a director of Shakhtar who commented on Serie A and said that Sassuolo is his favourite Serie A team to watch.

“Teams like Inter, Atalanta and AC Milan can make them suffer, but I say that there is a team that I really like to see in Italy now, it’s Sassuolo, for their tactical ideas and for the brilliant way of interpreting football.”

Reactions: Roberto41

·
Registered
104 Posts
Torino finally get a win, 2-1 over Genoa . Crotone are the only club left without a win now.

21 year old Scamacca scored in third cosecutive match for Genoa. 2 goals in the cup, 2 in the league. He was pretty involved from the little I saw. Seems like he will be more dependable source of goals for Genoa than Pinamonti was last season. Been more prolific goal scorer for Azzurrini than Pinamonti too.

Rovella continues to start for Genoa too. Hope they will survive in Serie A.

61 - 80 of 143 Posts