Atalanta 100%
Milan 70%
Lazio 15%
Roma 10%
Napoli 5%

·
Registered
63,304 Posts
We look like dead team. I said this a few games earlier. That air of invincibility we had died at Atalanta and this game took away the last bit of it. I don't count the Juve game since we missed a whole squad of players back then.

I am not into jinxing. To understand how convinced i feel about this I just say I just quit watching football after that game. I'll spend my time on more important things for most of the rest of the season.
Wtf, Milan having their best season in a decade and you quit watching because of 3 losses or so?

Reactions: ToniSamp

·
Registered
10,588 Posts
Wtf, Milan having their best season in a decade and you quit watching because of 3 losses or so?
We have played like shit for a while, though, having won only 6 out of the last 14 matches in all competitions, and all signals point in a direction which is unhealthy to witness for Milan fans.

I cannot blame Johan for making a perfectly rational choice, focus on other things instead of developing a stomach ulcer.

·
Registered
24,097 Posts
I will be catching some Milan games, but not follow football otherwise. Its pretty clear though we are just going to go through a painful fall down the table. we havent had a real good performance in quite a while.

·
Registered
63,304 Posts
So you wouldn't watch CL for instance?

La Liga and EPL are already decided pretty much anyhow.

·
Registered
17,737 Posts
I will be catching some Milan games, but not follow football otherwise. Its pretty clear though we are just going to go through a painful fall down the table. we havent had a real good performance in quite a while.
You have a lot of injured players coming back that are out of form. Sure, you will get demolished by Inter, and maybe Roma too, but after that you can pick up momentum again against smaller teams.

·
Nun c'è Problema!
3,212 Posts
I didn't catch the Roma game @Primo .. how did Cristante do in the central defence?
I only watched the 2nd half and they were the usual passive self almost letting Udinese back in the game. Cristante had an OK game, some good interventions and a major blunder which almost cost us a goal, Pau Lopez saved his ass big time. His ball distribution was mostly safe with the occasional useless long ball to Mayoral.

Off topic: It's strange that the teams quality/intensity gap is still so big between the 1 and 2nd half.

·
Registered
46,990 Posts
Discussion Starter #451
After the defeat to Torino at Sardinia Arena Di Francesco's Cagliari has completed 16 games in a row without a win. I don't know whether it is a record or not. I remember for example Novellino at Sampdoria having 13 games in a row without a win and that was a completely different situation because Sampdoria never really risked the relegation, it was just an ugly way to end a season which had had a good start. There were maybe desperate situtations I can't even remember, with clubs who decided to spare the money for the following season in serie B, but, again, this is a different situation: here we have a chairman, Giulini, who has repeated in the last few weeks that he is confident that Di Francesco can save Cagliari. And he has repeated it with that grin you usually see on the face of De Laurentiis. That grin which means "I know better". Well, I must admit it: I'm eager to hear from Giulini and above all I'm eager to see his face now. THAT grin!

·
Registered
46,322 Posts
Watching Lazio v Samp.

Interesting match...Lazio looked very messy at the start but Lucas was all over the place controlling and then Luis Alberto got into the game which turned the tide mostly in Lazio's favour. Very slick goal from him and his chance was carved out nicely. Still, Samp did get opportunities to get forward but that final pass eludes them. Keita Balde looks lively and up for it which is good. For Lazio, Immobile isn't involved in build-up and has been mostly quiet...but he has had a few good chances carved out for him. However, Audero has been alive to almost everything and has kept Samp in the game.

·
Registered
46,322 Posts
2nd half saw a spirited Samp take over the game. Again, the final ball was missing. Still, for all that sustained pressure, you'd think a goal ought to have come from somewhere. 1-1 would have been a fair result, imo.

Btw, yes, he was offside...but that Colley last ditch tackle on Muriqi.

·
Registered
63,304 Posts
After the defeat to Torino at Sardinia Arena Di Francesco's Cagliari has completed 16 games in a row without a win. I don't know whether it is a record or not. I remember for example Novellino at Sampdoria having 13 games in a row without a win and that was a completely different situation because Sampdoria never really risked the relegation, it was just an ugly way to end a season which had had a good start. There were maybe desperate situtations I can't even remember, with clubs who decided to spare the money for the following season in serie B, but, again, this is a different situation: here we have a chairman, Giulini, who has repeated in the last few weeks that he is confident that Di Francesco can save Cagliari. And he has repeated it with that grin you usually see on the face of De Laurentiis. That grin which means "I know better". Well, I must admit it: I'm eager to hear from Giulini and above all I'm eager to see his face now. THAT grin!
Di Francesco has struggled since leaving Sassuolo no?

Should be fired for sure, Torino and Genoa improved after sacking their coaches, Cagliari should do the same.

Di Francesco has no excuse, Cragno, Godin, Rugani, Nandez, Nainggolan etc..

·
Registered
46,990 Posts
Discussion Starter #456
Sampdoria should have tried harder. It's Lazio the team which will face Bayern in a few days, Sampdoria will train at Bogliasco instead.

·
Registered
46,322 Posts
I caught the 2nd half of Atalanta vs Napoli, which had 6 goals in it. These teams deliver. Napoli were underpowered though, especially with no Chucky, but they scored a superb equaliser from a Politano chipped cross over the defence which Zielinski volleyed beautifully. A touch of ball watching from the Atalanta defence though (imo)...it's as if they couldn't believe how sweet the delivery was instead of rushing to properly block off Zielinski, lol. Muriel was on fire for Atalanta. So was Gosens but he also scored an own goal.

A shock near the end as Osimhen went down after a clash (I think with Romero?). It looked like there wasn't anything too bad in it but he stayed down and had to be stretchered off. The players around him looked like they'd seen a ghost (esp. Politano) and they stood in shock for a while unsure if they wanted to resume playing.

Osimhen apparently had a head injury and lost consciousness. Reports say he recovered consciousness in the ambulance and is recovering in hospital. Hope the guy is fine.

·
Registered
17,737 Posts
Yeah, super scary about Osinhem. I couldn't believe it was a simple concussion but it seems like he will be fine according to reports. I have to say he has been really underwhelming since his return from injury/covid. He must be looking forward to the start of a new season next August.

·
Registered
46,322 Posts
I really don't know too much about him. Highly rated and valued based on his time at Lille and his performances for the Super Eagles. I haven't followed Ligue 1 closely in many years and I don't know what's happening with the Nigerian NT, except that they would like to build a team for the future around Osimhen.

He doesn't seem able to click with the Napoli role. They're playing him as a target man and from what I've seen, he's struggling a lot. I guess he's more of a opportunist/poacher? He probably needs a partner close to him and he doesn't really have that support rn at Napoli.

Btw, the name Osimhen is a variation of Osman, isn't it?

Reactions: TTM and Primo

·
Registered
17,737 Posts
He was dominant in a game at the beginning of the season - I remember feeling excited for Napoli finally finding a proper striker. Since them I never saw that repeated. I get a sense he prefers the ball on the ground. Technically this could work with Napoli, but Napoli have had a crazy amount of injuries. It's an unsettling time for him. I would just forget about this season and see next summer.

441 - 460 of 487 Posts