Xtratime Community banner

401 - 420 of 487 Posts

·
Registered
17,737 Posts
I wonder how Chiellini's career in general would have been different with VAR lol...

Anyway, we have a game. Serie A was at its best when VAR was used consistently in first two months and I am glad Doveri went to it.

·
Registered
46,322 Posts
Not showing here in SD.....Watching Tott-MC. Will check online for updates but looks like Napoli are up 👍
Chucky's done pretty well overall. He's given Cuadrado a pretty tough time defensively...Cuadrado got a yellow near the end of the half for taking Chucky out. Chucky's speed allowed him to latch on to a loose pass in the final 3rd. If Cuadrado hadn't taken him out, he'd have had a run on goal.

Reactions: TTM

·
Registered
17,737 Posts
For sure, Cuadrado is getting exposed because Pirlo wanted to remind us he is a fifa 99 coach: putting bernardeschi in central midfield, a player who has little influence in his natural position played out of position, means his midfield has no possession.

On the other hand, Gattuso's attacking players are making Juve run back toward their goal. I like the inclusion of Politano and Lozano on the wings because they tend to move more vertically than Insigne, which is making players like Cuadrado stay on their heels. Meanwhile Insigne is assisting his midfielders a lot to keep possession.

Hopefully it stays that way in the second, but Pirlo is lucky to have deadly subs like Kulusevski, who will probably score again today when called upon.

·
Registered
17,737 Posts
Awesome to see the players rally around Gattuso after the win. Great job to Napoli, but I think Pirlo is the real loser today. He misused a full line-up with barely any absences.

·
Registered
46,322 Posts
Awesome to see the players rally around Gattuso after the win. Great job to Napoli, but I think Pirlo is the real loser today. He misused a full line-up with barely any absences.
Bit harsh, imo. Napoli didn't outplay Juventus. Juventus had the better opportunities on goal, the best chances coming from Chiesa dragging slightly wide, Chiesa hitting directly at the keeper and Ronaldo heading directly at the keeper.

7 to 8 times out of 10 Juventus wins this game if tactics and form remain the same, with Chiesa most likely scoring at least once.

·
Registered
17,737 Posts
Bit harsh, imo. Napoli didn't outplay Juventus. Juventus had the better opportunities on goal, the best chances coming from Chiesa dragging slightly wide, Chiesa hitting directly at the keeper and Ronaldo heading directly at the keeper.

7 to 8 times out of 10 Juventus wins this game if tactics and form remain the same, with Chiesa most likely scoring at least once.
I didn't say Juve were outplayed and indeed many of their players did a lot individually. I'm saying Juve had the expectation to win this game and Pirlo didn't use his resources well enough to clinch what should have been his. The first half was totally wasted for Juve with a bad midfield line-up which didn't help Morata and Ronaldo get chances.

·
Registered
63,304 Posts
Juve were by far the better side.
That ultimately counts for nothing. The bottom line is that failing to score against a Napoli missing Koulibaly and Manolas is hilarious.

·
Registered
2,760 Posts
Pirlo claiming the penalty was dubious and incidents are treated differently against Juventus :ROFLMAO:.
Kessie committed a similar penalty against Atalanta when he hit Ilicic in the face. No complaint about that from anyone..

·
Registered
46,322 Posts
Yeah, the replays made it more than clear. Chiellini had a great match aside from that moment where he was channeling Fabio Galante circa 1999.

Reactions: camelface
401 - 420 of 487 Posts