Xtratime Community banner

21 - 40 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
13,117 Posts
The self-righteous, unappreciative Roma fans and Fonsucka have again pissed off Dzeko, author of 106 goals in 5 seasons with Roma, and Juve and Inter are lurking. It's the same story every time. Yes, he's 34. But this is a bomber who just contributed 16 goals and 6 assists. Very few players perform better in his role.

·
Registered
46,396 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
@Beaux Balkans
Really? Too bad. I had never checked but I fear you are right.
We have had plenty of actors instead. :D I have been watching La Piovra 7 lately and a part of the cast is Bulgarian. One actress in particular, I got in one second she was Bulgarian because she looked like a woman from my father's village.

·
Registered
46,396 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
In the meanwhile Parma have sacked D'Aversa and are ready to hire Liverani, who had been sacked by Lecce.
Genoa wil choose one out of Italiano and Maran.

·
Registered
46,396 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
The transfer summer session will officially start on September 1 and will be over on October 5 at 8 PM (Italian time). I'm not sure the new season will be started by October 5.

·
Registered
17,197 Posts
The self-righteous, unappreciative Roma fans and Fonsucka have again pissed off Dzeko, author of 106 goals in 5 seasons with Roma, and Juve and Inter are lurking. It's the same story every time. Yes, he's 34. But this is a bomber who just contributed 16 goals and 6 assists. Very few players perform better in his role.
Dzeko has been a quietly effective force from Roma. I would be surprised that Juve get him due to his age and their having Higuain anyway, but yeah, it would be disappointing if he didn't just retire with Roma.

·
Registered
23,933 Posts
Anyway looks like there aren't too many plans that will reverse the trend that Napoli and Roma will under perform again next season. Too bad. Unless Napoli's new striker is transformative for them, which could happen, given they played almost the full year without a striker.
Napoli have to much problems and Gattuso as manager. 4th is their current ceiling IMO.

clearly it is Juventus/Inter for top2 (with Juves managerchange making it more INTEResting.)

then it is a toss up how Milan/Napoli/Roma/Lazio/Atalanta will really perform. Atalanta currently looks best out of the bunch, but that is just now. it is 5 teams battling for the two coveted spots.

My Milan need a worldclass wingforward, a great CB and a better right back to be counted higher.
Napoli need another manager and to remake their squad correctly.
Atalanta need to keep their squad intact.
Lazio need to magically find some new great transfer (and move away from an overreliance on alberto/immobile)
I am unsure about Roma. New CB? Midfielder?

·
Registered
23,933 Posts
Two last rounds though. 18 round, Roma-Lazio and Inter - Juventus and last round with a Milan - Atalanta.

In a good interesting season these are deciding games. would be really cool to see a title deciding game between Inter-Juventus Milan-Atalanta.

·
Registered
46,396 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
10 players and 4 members of the staff of Genoa tested positive for coronavirus.
Sampdoria's new player Keita Baldé tested positive too.

Updating the list of the players with covid-2019 is like updating the injury list.

·
Registered
15,803 Posts
A reminder of how contagious the virus can be. I just read that it is now 11 players.

You have to wonder if it will have an effect on Napoli, after their 6-0 win against Genoa. They have Juventus next.

·
Registered
23,933 Posts
10 players and 4 members of the staff of Genoa tested positive for coronavirus.
Sampdoria's new player Keita Baldé tested positive too.

Updating the list of the players with covid-2019 is like updating the injury list.
How many kisses on the cheeks and tender touches do that Italians do?

In my team we had one guy with covid. He had hanged out with the team for about week while being infected. None else got it. And we are more or less restriction free here.

·
Registered
46,396 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Update: 15 players and 5 members of the staff of Genoa infected.

The game Genoa - Torino had already been postponed anyway.

·
Administrator
53,037 Posts
Weird situation. Does the rule not apply to Napoli? They have 2 players on Covid, Milan had 2 players (Ibra, Duarte) but had to play anyways. Serie A rules and Uefa rules say if you have 13 players available and atleast 1 goalie, you play the match (Liverpool have Mane and Thiago out for covid tommorrow and playing).

Serie A authorities havent cancelled or postponed the game tommorrow, but Napoli aren't traveling to Turin anyways? They can just decide that?

·
Administrator
53,037 Posts
Nvm twitter news are unreliable, which said Napoli decided on their own to not play, but apparently its local authorities decision:

Napoli are blocked from travelling to Turin, so it looks as if tomorrow night’s game with Juventus will be postponed, but what happens now and who decides?
The situation arose because Napoli registered two COVID-19 cases among their players – Piotr Zielinski and Eljif Elmas – plus a member of staff after their 6-0 win over Genoa last Sunday.
Genoa have since registered 22 cases in the matchday squad, including 17 players, most of which played against Napoli.

Considering the close contact Napoli had with such a serious outbreak, the ASL local health authority has banned them from travelling outside the region to Turin.
That would have to be by plane and it is considered an unacceptable health risk, as COVID-19 has a long incubation period, so people can have it for several days without any symptoms or positive tests.
The Lega Serie A has adopted the UEFA protocol for dealing with COVID outbreaks, specifically that as long as a team has 13 players available including at least one goalkeeper, the match must go ahead.
In theory, that would see Napoli forfeit the game with a 3-0 defeat.
However, as it is not Napoli’s choice to miss the fixture and a decision made by the local health authorities who are not allowing them to travel, the club can argue it is beyond their control.
Indeed, in the rules published by the Lega Serie A, it states their protocol is adopted 'save for eventual action from local authorities.'

Edit: Things turning more shady lol, apparently the local authority official who decided they cant travel is someone endorsed and supported by ADL, and the local authorities allowed salernitana in same region travel for games, Napoli primavera too, plus Napoli senior team are training as normal and going home to their families, no extra security measures in place. So this ruling of not allowing them to travel seems selective and questionable. No official sport authority said game cant be played, so Juve tweeted that Juventus players will be on the pitch tommorrow night as usual :D (if its no show, can be ruled a forfeit) Napoli certainly have a flair for dramatic storylines, this one seems to be taking turns left and right.

·
Administrator
53,037 Posts

·
Registered
3,134 Posts
The difference is very clear between a well respected club like Milan and Napoli, Milan had their leader and probably best player out with COVID and played all games without making a fuss, whereas Napoli have an insignificant midfield player out and are playing the victim and refusing to play against the weakest Juve side in 10 years. I'm glad Agnelli called ADL's bluff and asked for the match to go ahead.

·
Registered
13,117 Posts
Find this extremely irritating, get your club's weak ass up to Turin and do what you are paid to do. This is why we can't have nice things. This is why Serie A is stuck. Get your head outta your ass, you're not that important

·
Administrator
53,037 Posts
Find this extremely irritating, get your club's weak ass up to Turin and do what you are paid to do. This is why we can't have nice things. This is why Serie A is stuck. Get your head outta your ass, you're not that important
Funny thing is even tho disregarding the rules completely, they will get their way. This will postponed and not forfeited.it will be curious to see if other teams can decide just to stay home whenever they want after this without forfeit.

21 - 40 of 54 Posts