Xtratime Community banner

321 - 340 of 462 Posts

·
Administrator
53,258 Posts
He played really well vs Juve until he let the ball go through the box for the winning goal.
Im convinced he was coked up that game. Was hyperactive and seemed like a lunatic. Must been coming down from his nose candy when he went to sleep on Ramseys goal.

Reactions: camelface

·
Registered
17,722 Posts
Week 19 24 Jan 2021 (14.00 UK)
BeneventoPreviewTorino(Fri 19.45)
Fiorentina-Crotone(Sat 19.45)
Genoa-Cagliari
Juventus-Bologna(11.30)
Lazio-Sassuolo(17.00)
MilanPreviewAtalanta(Sat 17.00)
Parma-Sampdoria(19.45)
RomaPreviewSpezia(Sat 14.00)
UdinesePreviewInter(Sat 17.00)
Verona-Napoli

Seems to me like a relatively boring weekend of fixtures. A few things to look at:
-How will Fiorentina bounce back against a relegation battler who had an impressive win last game?
-Will Milan with its suspensions hold up against Atalanta (ie. get the penalties they need)?
-Roma v Spezia is maybe the most substantially interesting match, after the embarassing defeat Roma suffered and the Totti-esque wonder goal scored by Saponara

Any other things that are interesting?

·
Registered
46,973 Posts
Discussion Starter #323
Saponara-esque. He has always scored fantastic goals, too bad that he has often been injured or unfit.

Tension is high at Roma. The players are not happy with the team manager paying also for Fonseca's fault. I mean, what was the coach doing when Lorenzo Pellegrini warned the team manager something like 5-6 times that it was the sixth substitution?

·
Registered
46,973 Posts
Discussion Starter #325
Who are these other people that were made responsible? How is this not only Fonseca's fault?

One, the guy Pellegrini talks to ("Gianlù"), the team manager Gianluca Gombar. He was fired.

Two indeed, a guy called Manolo Zubiria, who is the global sport officer (whatever it means), was also fired.

·
Registered
10,578 Posts
Week 19 24 Jan 2021 (14.00 UK)
BeneventoPreviewTorino(Fri 19.45)
Fiorentina-Crotone(Sat 19.45)
Genoa-Cagliari
Juventus-Bologna(11.30)
Lazio-Sassuolo(17.00)
MilanPreviewAtalanta(Sat 17.00)
Parma-Sampdoria(19.45)
RomaPreviewSpezia(Sat 14.00)
UdinesePreviewInter(Sat 17.00)
Verona-Napoli

Seems to me like a relatively boring weekend of fixtures. A few things to look at:
-How will Fiorentina bounce back against a relegation battler who had an impressive win last game?
-Will Milan with its suspensions hold up against Atalanta (ie. get the penalties they need)?
-Roma v Spezia is maybe the most substantially interesting match, after the embarassing defeat Roma suffered and the Totti-esque wonder goal scored by Saponara

Any other things that are interesting?
Can you please present an overview of those penalties Milan got only because they needed them? Also please include in your report those not called but which should have been penalties.

Otherwise it’s hard to take you seriously. What’s next? Corner statistics? Did we also get more freekicks than the others?

·
Registered
46,973 Posts
Discussion Starter #327
Atalanta in the last two games were much less brilliant than they had been before. I'm not sure whether it is just a matter of keeping their energies for Milan or they have peaked for a while and now are back to lower standards of shape. The latter if you ask me to choose the one which is correct.

·
Registered
10,578 Posts
Difficult to say. If they beat Milan, nobody will remember those draws. People will focus on their unbeaten record since November (7 wins, 3 draws), and that they still haven’t lost against Milan at the San Siro since 2014.

·
Registered
46,973 Posts
Discussion Starter #329
Milan get penalties because they press a lot and the opponents are dumb. Being dumb is not a good reason for being called no penalty against. I think I didn't see more than a pair of penalties in favor of Milan which were indeed soft but it has more to do with the probability that it happens than with a real interest of the referees in awarding those penalties. They are not the wrongest mistakes I have seen with the VAR in this season anyway.
It is different talking about how the VAR has changed football. Probably a half of those penalties wouldn't have been awarded by the referee without the VAR. I say what I use to say about 1 cm offside because of a finger: durus VAR sed VAR.

·
Registered
13,182 Posts
Look at the expression on Fonsucka's face when Pellegrini tries to explain to him, it really says it all, a sad puppy lost in space

·
Registered
17,722 Posts
Can you please present an overview of those penalties Milan got only because they needed them? Also please include in your report those not called but which should have been penalties.

Otherwise it’s hard to take you seriously. What’s next? Corner statistics? Did we also get more freekicks than the others?
I wasn't being serious. Don't worry Laudrup.

As for Atalanta, they have had more stale moments this season. I think they are just not top level and should be expected to have fluctuating performances.

·
Registered
17,722 Posts
One, the guy Pellegrini talks to ("Gianlù"), the team manager Gianluca Gombar. He was fired.

Two indeed, a guy called Manolo Zubiria, who is the global sport officer (whatever it means), was also fired.
It's not the manager that makes the substitutions?

·
Registered
46,973 Posts
Discussion Starter #333
It's not the manager that makes the substitutions?
Yeah, he is the one, but probably Fonseca pretends his collaborators to do the "minor things" such as remembering the number of people he replaces (lol).
The team manager, the one who was fired, is not a member of the coaching staff of Fonseca, he is a sort of connection between the players and the club, but I don't know whether his job is also counting the number of people the coach has replaced. He is for sure the guy who is close to the players in many situations and this is also the reason why the players are angry at the choice to fire him.
It's a crazy situation anyway and the craziest things of all is not that Lorenzo Pellegrini knew what Fonseca ignored but the fact that Fonseca showed no reaction at all, when Pellegrini was repeating 5 times (!!) to the team manager that it was the sixth substitution. In Fonseca's place I'd have stopped everything and counted the people who had been replaced. Instead, he did nothing with the face of a person who was there but could be elsewhere.

·
Registered
46,973 Posts
Discussion Starter #334
It looks like people are betting heavily on Atalanta. I'm not following the trend and bet on Milan winning.

·
Administrator
53,258 Posts
Seems like Fonseca is sabotaging the team with the situation with Dzeko. He fought with his captain to the degree he wanna get rid of him. Tried loan swap with psg for icardi lol.

·
Registered
46,300 Posts
Seems like Fonseca is sabotaging the team with the situation with Dzeko. He fought with his captain to the degree he wanna get rid of him. Tried loan swap with psg for icardi lol.
For realsies? 😨

What a tool if true.

·
Registered
17,722 Posts
Yeah, he is the one, but probably Fonseca pretends his collaborators to do the "minor things" such as remembering the number of people he replaces (lol).
The team manager, the one who was fired, is not a member of the coaching staff of Fonseca, he is a sort of connection between the players and the club, but I don't know whether his job is also counting the number of people the coach has replaced. He is for sure the guy who is close to the players in many situations and this is also the reason why the players are angry at the choice to fire him.
It's a crazy situation anyway and the craziest things of all is not that Lorenzo Pellegrini knew what Fonseca ignored but the fact that Fonseca showed no reaction at all, when Pellegrini was repeating 5 times (!!) to the team manager that it was the sixth substitution. In Fonseca's place I'd have stopped everything and counted the people who had been replaced. Instead, he did nothing with the face of a person who was there but could be elsewhere.
It's a total failure in leadership to not take the blame and allow others to get fired instead. The manager is ultimately responsible for this sort of thing. If I can check livescore.com during the game with my computer or phone, so can Fonseca. What a joke. Plus I see Smalling still in the line-up. I'm not a full Roma fan and I am even consumed with rage thinking about it. Anyway I actually hope for the good of Roma they lose against Spezia again today. 1-1 right now.

·
Registered
17,722 Posts
3-3 Spezia thanks to Smalling yet again. Shocking return to Roma. He should be banished far far away from this team. They certainly have better players, including Cristante to take his place.

·
Registered
46,973 Posts
Discussion Starter #339
From 3-1 to 3-3 ... the brace of Mayoral, replacement of Dzeko, had helped Fonseca, but right now I think Fonseca might be sacked.

·
Registered
17,722 Posts
3-3 Spezia thanks to Smalling yet again. Shocking return to Roma. He should be banished far far away from this team. They certainly have better players, including Cristante to take his place.
Roma have scored even more las tminute to make it 4-3 thanks to the Captain and Bruno Peres who has been good since coming on.

321 - 340 of 462 Posts