Xtratime Community banner

301 - 320 of 522 Posts

·
Registered
24,100 Posts
Not even a challenge for Lazio. Inzaghi outclassed Fonseca. Amazing how naive he is, playing the high line with the defense and our pressing is non-existent, starting with "the walker" Dzeko.
What is shocking is that you have not even created a qualified goalscoring chance.

·
Registered
63,342 Posts
If I was a betting man I would bet on Lazio winning the derby. Why will it be played on a Friday btw?
Capello: ‘Roma more prepared than Lazio’

Football Italia

Fabio Capello explains why Roma are ‘more prepared than Lazio’ ahead of Friday’s Derby della Capitale.

Roma picked up a 2-2 draw against Inter on Sunday, while Lazio beat Parma 2-0 at the Stadio Ennio Tardini.

“Roma seem more prepared, but derby clashes are always special,” Capello told Radio Rai.

“I like how Roma play, I’ve been saying it for long time. Against Inter, however, they switched off for 20-25 minutes and then played very well again in the final 20 minutes.

"In the Olimpico match both clubs had ups and downs, but a great team must not make mistakes".

“Lazio did very well too, but they are missing a few key players and that could make the difference.”

---

Let's see. I still fancy Lazio.
N4L 1
Fabio Hat 0

Reactions: Firdaus

·
Registered
63,342 Posts
Lazio's only regret is not avenging the 5-1 Montella derby. They could have done that tonight imo.

·
Registered
17,755 Posts
I wasn't able to watch the game, only saw the highlights.

That was shocking defending from Ibanez on the first goal.

What the **** was the second goal? Penalizable push by Ibanez on Lazzari followed by an amazing shot by Alberto that was likely offside anyway due to Caicedo being in way of keeper. I am okay with the goal standing because should have been a penalty but that was weird officiating all around.

From the highlights it seems like the high-line got destroyed by Lazio. They were forced on their backfoot and no one was covering the space for Luiz Alberto.

·
Registered
13,186 Posts
Fonsucka is the most overrated coach in calcio. I would like a coach with Serie A pedigree. This one is incapable of learning anything.

·
Registered
13,909 Posts
Luis Alberto is such a good player.

·
Registered
13,186 Posts
The unrecognizable Roma exposed by Lazio, a sad day indeed for Roma fans everywhere. It's a bigger problem than one loss. Piglotta whored us out, and now he's gone and our only remaining identity is being defined by a clueless fool that can't seem to understand basic calcio after a season and a half and just hired his buddy as DS. The roster changes as players come and go on loan, old or low-end fill ins arrive when needed, no preparation, no inspiration, no grinta, no relationship building. No identity. I would take De Rossi with zero experience on the sideline compared to this clown.

·
Registered
47,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #313
Spezia resist with 10 players on the pitch for pretty much 90 minutes (including the loss time) to an ugly Torino.

·
Registered
63,342 Posts
The unrecognizable Roma exposed by Lazio, a sad day indeed for Roma fans everywhere. It's a bigger problem than one loss. Piglotta whored us out, and now he's gone and our only remaining identity is being defined by a clueless fool that can't seem to understand basic calcio after a season and a half and just hired his buddy as DS. The roster changes as players come and go on loan, old or low-end fill ins arrive when needed, no preparation, no inspiration, no grinta, no relationship building. No identity. I would take De Rossi with zero experience on the sideline compared to this clown.
A Spalletti return could be on the cards...or may be Cheerful/Allegri

·
Registered
13,186 Posts
The Friedkins are more savvy in that Junior actually attends matches in Rome - during the pandemic - as opposed to Piglotta, who didn't (or couldn't) even set foot in Rome and didn't understand calcio, the culture, sacrifice. I just hope Junior learns from this devastating loss and doesn't resign Fonsucka. We've become unrecognizable, unidentifiable.

·
Registered
47,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #316
Prandelli has flopped since 2014 but for some reason he has always been given a chance to prove he is not good for retirement since that huge world cup flop. Will the 0-6 convince Commisso to bring back one of the former coaches who are still under contract?

·
Registered
63,342 Posts
It would be rather sad from a footballing romantic perspective if Prandelli is sacked, obviously his previous Viola stint was good but that was quite a while back.

Kucka scored with a banged up head at Sassuolo after beating Chiriches in the air. Ironically it was Chiriches that injured him. Oh and Chiriches is shit. How come he played for Napoli and Tottenham?

·
Registered
17,755 Posts
It would be rather sad from a footballing romantic perspective if Prandelli is sacked, obviously his previous Viola stint was good but that was quite a while back.

Kucka scored with a banged up head at Sassuolo after beating Chiriches in the air. Ironically it was Chiriches that injured him. Oh and Chiriches is shit. How come he played for Napoli and Tottenham?
He played really well vs Juve until he let the ball go through the box for the winning goal.

·
Registered
47,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #320
Oh and Chiriches is shit. How come he played for Napoli and Tottenham?
Chiriches is rated highly because he has good technique and I think this is also the reason why he always plays for De Zerbi. I prefer another kind of defenders... the ones who can actually defend!

301 - 320 of 522 Posts