Xtratime Community banner

281 - 300 of 462 Posts

·
Registered
6,718 Posts
There is no doubt that Bonucci deserved a red.
ehmm, why?

SENDING-OFF OFFENCES

A player, substitute or substituted player who commits any of the following offences is sent off:....
  • denying a goal or an obvious goal-scoring opportunity to an opponent whose overall movement is towards the offender's goal by an offence punishable by a free kick (unless as outlined below)
....The following must be considered:
  • distance between the offence and the goal - 30 or more meters
  • general direction of the play
  • likelihood of keeping or gaining control of the ball
  • location and number of defenders - another defender who is close to the ball at the moment of the foul.

·
Registered
63,230 Posts
Capello: ‘Roma more prepared than Lazio’

Football Italia

Fabio Capello explains why Roma are ‘more prepared than Lazio’ ahead of Friday’s Derby della Capitale.

Roma picked up a 2-2 draw against Inter on Sunday, while Lazio beat Parma 2-0 at the Stadio Ennio Tardini.

“Roma seem more prepared, but derby clashes are always special,” Capello told Radio Rai.

“I like how Roma play, I’ve been saying it for long time. Against Inter, however, they switched off for 20-25 minutes and then played very well again in the final 20 minutes.

"In the Olimpico match both clubs had ups and downs, but a great team must not make mistakes".

“Lazio did very well too, but they are missing a few key players and that could make the difference.”

---

Let's see. I still fancy Lazio.

@ToniSamp

Any idea why it will be played on Friday?

·
Registered
46,973 Posts
Discussion Starter #284
legaseriea.it tells nothing so I suppose it's just a matter of TV and other games. Roma face Spezia in the Italian Cup the following Tuesday.

·
Registered
17,722 Posts
ehmm, why?

SENDING-OFF OFFENCES

A player, substitute or substituted player who commits any of the following offences is sent off:....
  • denying a goal or an obvious goal-scoring opportunity to an opponent whose overall movement is towards the offender's goal by an offence punishable by a free kick (unless as outlined below)
  • location and number of defenders - another defender who is close to the ball at the moment of the foul.
Yeah I don't think either of those "considerations" should absolve Bonucci there. He is the last man and commits the professional foul exactly because of that. Caputo is clear on goal after that. Whether it's 30 meters or not does not really matter in this case.

·
Registered
17,722 Posts
Interesting storyline for a few of the top Serie A clubs are the captains that hold them back:

-Bonucci who should have been sent off before Obiang ever fouled Chiesa yesterday.
-Dzeko who was the best statue on the field yesterday. Should probably be rotated with Mayoral, especially against physical defenses who can neutralize him.
-Romagnoli who is clearly the weak link of Milan.

Will these clubs step up and rotate them? Especially in Europe it can hurt them.

·
Registered
46,973 Posts
Discussion Starter #287
I doubt Spezia will go down. A few clubs with big tradition are warned, Parma in particular.

·
Registered
63,230 Posts
ehmm, why?

SENDING-OFF OFFENCES

Bonucci's foul againat Sassuolo was pretty much identical to that of Lecce's Lucioni against juve last season. But of course the outcomes varied based on the shirt colours

·
Registered
17,722 Posts
It seems to me that the officiating has taken a bit of a nose dive in Serie A in the last 6-8 weeks. VAR is not being used as much as it was before. Maybe it's the players that are avoiding close offsides more, but it is hurting the quality of the league and results imo. I will not watch games if top teams don't get their fouls called or illegal goals called back. I'd much rather see the Spezia's and Sassuolo's of the world get their due. This weekend was the same shit as before.

·
Registered
24,094 Posts
Inter and Milan should be more worried after watching Juventus play like shit and yet defeat 3-1 an opponent which isn't the worst in serie A.
They defeated an opponent that lost clearly in all games against top teams and played a full half a man down. that is not what worries me. What is worrying is that they have such a deep squad with so much quality that they can at any point go on a long undefeated streak.

That said, I am more worried about the form of Atalanta/Roma and our depleted squad.

·
Registered
24,094 Posts
It seems to me that the officiating has taken a bit of a nose dive in Serie A in the last 6-8 weeks. VAR is not being used as much as it was before. Maybe it's the players that are avoiding close offsides more, but it is hurting the quality of the league and results imo. I will not watch games if top teams don't get their fouls called or illegal goals called back. I'd much rather see the Spezia's and Sassuolo's of the world get their due. This weekend was the same shit as before.
dont tell me about the offsides. I believe that should be used for those clear and important misses. Not like when we got a goal disallowed because Alexis had one foot in offside three plays before the actual goal. Those 5 minutes stopping the game to finally conclude a player was 1 centimeter offside and disallowing the goal need to stop.

As I am complaining. The yellow card for Leao last game was criminal. I was fully convinced that the defender was booked for the violent tackle, but instead Leao was booked for not having his legs broken?

·
Registered
46,973 Posts
Discussion Starter #292
dont tell me about the offsides. I believe that should be used for those clear and important misses. Not like when we got a goal disallowed because Alexis had one foot in offside three plays before the actual goal. Those 5 minutes stopping the game to finally conclude a player was 1 centimeter offside and disallowing the goal need to stop.
The offside is one of the very few certainties the VAR gives. Without it we can go back to old system without the VAR.

·
Registered
46,973 Posts
Discussion Starter #293
What is worrying is that they have such a deep squad with so much quality that they can at any point go on a long undefeated streak.
It's a matter of having Ronaldo. Even when he is clearly not going through a good moment. Three games without him were three draws with Crotone, Benevento and Verona, depth or not.

·
Registered
6,718 Posts
Bonucci's foul againat Sassuolo was pretty much identical to that of Lecce's Lucioni against juve last season. But of course the outcomes varied based on the shirt colours
Using images to judge a dynamic situation is ridiculous for me. The foul didnt happen at that particular moment but half a second later, when Danilo was a bit closer to the ball, also against Lecce Bentancur is nearly at full speed, while Caputo is not etc. For me this is not a red card no matter who is playing and no matter if referee is biased or not.

Yeah I don't think either of those "considerations" should absolve Bonucci there. He is the last man and commits the professional foul exactly because of that. Caputo is clear on goal after that. Whether it's 30 meters or not does not really matter in this case.
Well, its.. just like your opinion, man. The rules say it should matter.

·
Registered
17,722 Posts

As I am complaining. The yellow card for Leao last game was criminal. I was fully convinced that the defender was booked for the violent tackle, but instead Leao was booked for not having his legs broken?
I've only read fans of top teams who got illegal goals disallowed complain about VAR. It's fair to the two teams on the field that VAR be called equally.

·
Administrator
53,258 Posts
I've only read fans of top teams who got illegal goals disallowed complain about VAR. It's fair to the two teams on the field that VAR be called equally.

Do you frequent forums with fans of small teams much? Fans in general complain about referee decisions, that comes with the territory of being a football fan.

·
Registered
13,895 Posts
Roma - Lazio about to start. Should be fun.

Reactions: Laudrup

·
Nun c'è Problema!
3,207 Posts
Not even a challenge for Lazio. Inzaghi outclassed Fonseca. Amazing how naive he is, playing the high line with the defense and our pressing is non-existent, starting with "the walker" Dzeko.

·
Registered
24,094 Posts
Selective reading. I mostly been positive about VAR, well that it exist. But the use of it certainly could improve.

·
Registered
63,230 Posts
Lazio have better players and a better coach, weird they are behind Roma in the table tbh. Still time to overtake them though.

Lazzari best Italian rwb now.

Reactions: van
281 - 300 of 462 Posts