Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 82 Posts

·
Super Moderator
13,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The beginning of the greatest ever recovery. Giampaolo will reveal himself as the master tactician he was hyped to be.

First another jewel: goals from Nordahl, Schiaffino, Liedholm, etc. in a 8-0 away win in 1955. Genoa's defending reminds us of Milan's defense last week.

This was nice mainly because of the classic Papin goal, almost slow motion to the bottom corner. We had already won Serie A; Genoa managed to avoid relegation by equalizing near the very end.

This one with a brace from Kaká and a typical Ambro header

·
Registered
8,830 Posts
Giampaolo said Hakan and Suso are his firm match starter.

Indeed. We speculate and he confirmed it now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
12,798 Posts
A rival club of his ex-employer will lead to his sacking by his current employer.

Where do I sign?

·
Registered
12,203 Posts
Mystery solved he is f inert fan :D
----------
Giampaolo: I'll never resign!
By Football Italia staff

Marco Giampaolo admits he was an Inter fan growing up but insists “I’m not a Trojan horse” and that he will ‘never’ leave Milan on his own volition.

Giampaolo is under huge pressure going into Milan’s match against Genoa on Saturday, the former Sampdoria boss having overseen four defeats in his first six games at the helm.

“We’re working to do better. We were already working at 8 this morning,” he told Le Iene.

“You say I work a lot but work badly? We’ll find the solution. Resigning? Never! Leaving means giving up and we never give up.”

“I said I supported Inter until I was 10, but I’m not a Trojan horse. We’re not budgeting for a bad result against Genoa.

“We’re working to eat the panettone. Our objectives are always at the maximum, we always think about doing our best.

“Milan are above individual interests.”

Krzysztof Piatek scored 30 goals for Genoa and the Rososneri last season but has managed just two after six games this time around...

“Those who know how to score don’t forget how to do so. It happens, there are always runs and bad patches.”

·
Registered
8,830 Posts
Probable lineup vs. Genoa (4-3-3):
Donnarumma; Calabria, Duarte, Romagnoli, Theo Hernandez; Kessiè, Biglia, Calhanoglu; Suso, Piatek, Leao
@Dimarzio

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
57,627 Posts
Mystery solved he is f inert fan :D
----------
Giampaolo: I'll never resign!
By Football Italia staff

Marco Giampaolo admits he was an Inter fan growing up but insists “I’m not a Trojan horse” and that he will ‘never’ leave Milan on his own volition.

Giampaolo is under huge pressure going into Milan’s match against Genoa on Saturday, the former Sampdoria boss having overseen four defeats in his first six games at the helm.

“We’re working to do better. We were already working at 8 this morning,” he told Le Iene.

“You say I work a lot but work badly? We’ll find the solution. Resigning? Never! Leaving means giving up and we never give up.”

“I said I supported Inter until I was 10, but I’m not a Trojan horse. We’re not budgeting for a bad result against Genoa.

“We’re working to eat the panettone. Our objectives are always at the maximum, we always think about doing our best.

“Milan are above individual interests.”

Krzysztof Piatek scored 30 goals for Genoa and the Rososneri last season but has managed just two after six games this time around...

“Those who know how to score don’t forget how to do so. It happens, there are always runs and bad patches.”
There is no mystery to be solved, Giampaolo being an Interista is not a newly discovered revelation. He already admitted it when he was at Samp.

https://www.football-italia.net/111725/giampaolo-reveals-inter-desire

https://wwwtest.inter.it/en/news/55449/giampaolos-passion-for-football-and-grande-inter

Btw Ancelotti himself was an Interista and went to see Inter play live.

https://www.passioneinter.com/notizie-nerazzurre/ancelotti-confessa-ecco-perche-sono-diventato-interista-poi-il-retroscena-curioso-sulla-prima-partita-vista-allo-stadio-dellinter/

I doubt Giampaolo wants to purposely fail anyhow.. it's not like Inter will hire him either.

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
There is no mystery to be solved, Giampaolo being an Interista is not a newly discovered revelation. He already admitted it when he was at Samp.

https://www.football-italia.net/111725/giampaolo-reveals-inter-desire

https://wwwtest.inter.it/en/news/55449/giampaolos-passion-for-football-and-grande-inter

Btw Ancelotti himself was an Interista and went to see Inter play live.

https://www.passioneinter.com/notizie-nerazzurre/ancelotti-confessa-ecco-perche-sono-diventato-interista-poi-il-retroscena-curioso-sulla-prima-partita-vista-allo-stadio-dellinter/

I doubt Giampaolo wants to purposely fail anyhow.. it's not like Inter will hire him either.
I don't even know why Giampaolo being Inter fan is important.

·
Registered
15,579 Posts
It isn't really. Even if it isn't true that he was only an Interfan until the age of ten, then his failings now aren't because of that.

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
It isn't really. Even if it isn't true that he was only an Interfan until the age of ten, then his failings now aren't because of that.
According to his own words in the links provided by Nerazzurri4life, Giampaolo still is a passionate Inter fan:

"I’m an Inter fan. I’ve supported them since I was little,” the former Empoli Coach told La Repubblica.

“After that, it’s clear. First as a player, then as a Coach, you think about your own interests and the club you work for, but they’ve always been the team of my heart. The passion is there.

“I’d like to coach them just for one day......."

Although I think Milan's current poor performance has more to do with the low quality of our players and his poor game/player management than him being a passionate Inter fan.

As one commentator said that "the players don’t seem to be following any of their tactician’s orders or putting up a fight. " This is the BIGGEST problem we have.

·
Registered
15,579 Posts
That's an old interview, I'm talking about the latest interview, just the other day:

I said I supported Inter until I was 10, but I’m not a Trojan horse. We’re not budgeting for a bad result against Genoa.
And I don't care if he is an Inter fan, it's not possible at all that a professional coach is such a huge tifoso that he sabotages his career just to destroy a club....come on now...

·
Registered
24,061 Posts
We had Leo, a Milan player, director, and safe to say, fan coaching inter.

We had Collina confessing that he supports Lazio after quitting refereeing, yet this have not affected the quality of his decisions.

GM can support whoever he likes and as N4L posted before, even Carlo was an inter fan. However, this didn't stop him from doing his job. This is a cheap dig by journalists from past interviews, precisely at a rough time for him.

Nonetheless, fire MG

·
Registered
12,203 Posts
From football Italia

Milan need to avoid losing five of their opening seven Serie A matches, something they experienced only in 1938-39.

Genoa: Radu; Romero, C Zapata, Criscito; Ghiglione, Schone, Radovanovic, Lerager, Pajac; Kouame, Pinamonti

Milan: G Donnarumma; Calabria, Duarte, Romagnoli, Theo Hernandez; Kessie, Biglia, Calhanoglu; Suso, Piatek, Bonaventura

Horrible line up.
Giampy must be trolling or is that bad.

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
Maybe he's trying to play it safe. The basics (or whatever this team can be). He was harassed into changing the lineup for two games and we conceded 5 goals. Biglia's replacement (Bennacer) conceded two penalties in one game, two yellow cards and nearly got sent off. Duarte is forced on him due to Musacchios suspension. But I can't understand Bonaventura for Leao. Must be a mistake as I don't think he'd do that.

1 - 20 of 82 Posts