Xtratime Community banner

61 - 69 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
3,157 Posts
First, it’s a major problem. If our one striker in the squad and main goalscoring threat only shoots on penalties we will never score.

And it’s telling about everything. The guy also cannot control a single pass, create anything, or win any challenge. He’s been utter useless. Now he’s playing his favorite role. So yeah service has been crap but so has he.
I get it but I find when he does touch the ball he is miles away from the goal so its never even close to getting a chance without being jumped by 4 defenders. Our wingers are far to wide and we literally never had any midfielders attempt to get into the box. Ill say yes he is out of form last game that chance created by Romagnoli he would've put away last year.

·
Super Moderator
13,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #63
First, it’s a major problem. If our one striker in the squad and main goalscoring threat only shoots on penalties we will never score.

And it’s telling about everything. The guy also cannot control a single pass, create anything, or win any challenge. He’s been utter useless. Now he’s playing his favorite role. So yeah service has been crap but so has he.
I get it but I find when he does touch the ball he is miles away from the goal so its never even close to getting a chance without being jumped by 4 defenders. Our wingers are far to wide and we literally never had any midfielders attempt to get into the box. Ill say yes he is out of form last game that chance created by Romagnoli he would've put away last year.
And the one by Suso, and today a bunch of poor touches and lost all duels. Obviously the team being shit is a big part of it, but this is a 40M signing and we got rid of two young players for him.

Also, if you ever play as a striker, especially if you are the “only scores goal” type — you need to shoot. You can blame anyone, but if you don’t find a way to shoot on target you’ll get shit from your manager. In my experience it’s been like thar in every team I’ve played, all kinds of coaches. If the striker doesn’t help in the buildup or at holding the ball AND does not find a way to get a shot on target by the 50th minute, he’s out most times.

·
Registered
8,830 Posts
It’s a one trick donkey now.
How many minutes of ALMOST ASSIST OR ALMOST SCORED now?!
I worry the donkey scored and becomes a stallion. I told you so kinda responses

In my earlier post, I watched Ribery and Chiesa and well they aren’t a one trick pony.
Stallion at least. Ribery is old but better than a young pony with many tricks up his sleeve. Classy goal nonetheless.

Leao scored. Classy goal. He ran he sprint.

How does Hakan even get to start every match?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,208 Posts
It's not abt getting the new signings onto the pitch to play, it's not abt getting the right tactics to play, It's not getting new manager to take over Giampaolo... It's the players' mentality, It's their confidence level, It's their morale...

Berlu and Li will occasionally dropped by to talk to the players, to boost their confidence and morale. How many times had Gordon Singer did that? Did he come over to give a pep talk to the players just before the Derby?

The whole team is playing without dignity, pride and self-belief.... The whole team is in shambles and Giampaolo alone is not enough to lift the team up.

We even messed up the basic skills in football which is the passing. We were atrocious. Our passing were done in a hurried manner, too fast and strong, straight at the receiver feet, making it hard for the receiver to trap the ball properly and pass it away to others. More often, they needed second touch to control the ball which by then, opposition closing in and take the ball away. This is like elementary classes, teaching the player on how to pass the ball properly to their teammates. A pass should be measured. Not too strong so that the receiver can control the ball with his first touch. The pass should be like slightly away from the receiver and not straight (or point blank) at the receiver thus allowing him to receive the ball in his strides.

How many times did we lose control of the ball? The ball were often lost in the middle of the pitch. When it's finally reached our winger, crossing of the ball were executed poorly. Piatek presence alone in the penalty box against 5 other opposition defenders would never bore fruits. Our services to our forward were very poor. Piatek for the 3rd conservatives games running had zero shot on goal. I always think that if we were to score a goal, it would be down to individual effort because we were unable to create anything. Passing were poor, crossing were cut off.... Midfield for the 3rd matches running were outplayed by our opposition. How can a defences who had leaked in 9 goals in the past 5 matches stopped us completely albeit a individual goal from Leao.

Surely the players can do better than that. They are not school boys.. but they simply lose it. No motivation, No confidence, No morale, No vision for future..... Even the new signing are affected by it.

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
Told you guys the Torino performance was a fluke, largely because of the opposition. Also told you from day one Piatek isn't good with ball. You all won't have none of it

But it shall be well. It's time for the coach (and some of you here) to have the courage to make certain decisions. Drop Piatek and Suso for a game or two or three. Try Duarte in place of Mussachio and Krunic for Kessie.

·
Registered
12,203 Posts
Of course it's the mentality of the players. They just cant handle the pressure. I am sure they would end up 4th if they played for Samp or Genoa.

That's where the management failed. Bringing experienced winners from big clubs. While Bonnuci and Higuani failed we ended 6th and 5th those seasons having only them as experienced winners. Without any in the team we are battling relegation.

Example of players we should have gotten:
1. Godin to partner Roma. Maybe old and slow but makes up with experience.
2. Sanchez low cost but well known player that played for the biggest clubs.
3. Ribery the same as Sanchez.

total spent 0 euros.

Mentality and coping with pressure is more important than the talent.

·
Registered
17,497 Posts
Major problem is our midfield. WORD.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do you know any other club in Europe that doesnt know who their automatic starting midfield is?

61 - 69 of 69 Posts