Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Super Moderator
13,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Nice posticipo fixture. Montella's Fiore don't have the results so far but seem to be playing decent football at times, and just seem very fragile mentally and defensively.

We improved a lot last time out against Torino from our ridiculously bad performances of the first four games. Obviously not quite enough as we lost, but we missed half a dozen good chances and conceded two similar goals caused by mistakes from Donnarumma and Musacchio. I thought Giampaolo finally got the selection and the formation right. It was clear before the game and the play itself was a lot better than at least I expected.

The improvement was evident and quite massive, but surely a defeat here would put Giampaolo in an almost impossible position -- deservedly so. It took him five games to stop making stupid, obvious mistakes in the selection and formation, and he pretty much destroyed any chance of starting the season with a refreshed atmosphere of optimism. That may sound like ethereal bullshit but really setting the tone of a season can be key. Not to mention the points already lost.

Still, a team like us is going to have a very tough time every game if the two key players in each box do poorly. With Piatek missing chances and Donnarumma conceding weak goals, we're screwed. Those two need to get their act together. Donna's poor match in Torino can be seen as just a bad game (he looked shaky all game, not just the goals), but Piatek really needs to hit some kind of form. Unfortunately unless Rebic (who has looked painfully bad so far alhough in very limited minutes) or Leao (who has looked very promising yet not very effective) turn out to be capable main strikers, we don't really have any alternatives in case Piatek's form does not improve. That was a mistake in the summer strategy, based on building around some dogmatic take on the game and formations by an unproven manager instead of giving the manager the tools to try several formations, as was always going to happen in practice anyway. In other words, we sold everyone but Piatek who can play striker and got a bunch of support strikers, but end up play none at all in the one formation that seems to work so far.

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
I would drop Piatek and Suso. Play a double pivot of Leao and Rebic with Paqueta behind them. Kessie, Bennacer and Hakan as the midfield 3.

But it won't happen, maybe ever. We will go with Suso, Piatek and Leao. Leao will do his best, he has been quite good. Piatek would look lost, miss chances and score a penalty. Suso will do the usual - stay on the right, collect the ball, hog it, do a shoulder drop, cut to his left and shoot. Or cross. On the 20th attempt one of our players may get to it. Or maybe in the last 3 minutes of the match he'd create something.

Okay, whatever, let's build on Wednesdays performance.
Forza Milan!

·
Registered
12,203 Posts
Awww maan it's so f hard to see the cheaters Juve and Conte dominate the league yet again while we struggle with the basics, like which tactics to use, where should Hakan the great play, Musachio is a great player etc.

If i had to bet i will bet against us this evening.

I just hope Viola hasnt improved their weak mentality (just like us) so we can have a small chance to get some points here.

Please dont play Musachio and let's see Duarte, Drop Hakan for Paqueta, drop Kessie for ?! Maybe Bennacer can play there and biglia in the middle.

Maybe we should try Rebic Leao as a support for Piatek

·
Registered
8,830 Posts
It will be interesting to see Biglia and Ismael playing together. Also Rebic in the fray.

Well....Suso, Hakan and Kessie must have premium bondages that gave them special passes.

I agree Piantek to be drop if the assist figure are odd against him. But till today, the assist has not justify for him to be drop.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8,830 Posts
I will be watching Chiesa and Ribery playing on each flank
I believe they aren’t a pony to start with.
Could be donkey though with Montella on the bench.

Let see the official starting line up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
24,061 Posts
The montella curse suggests a win for Milan here and the continuation of MG.

·
Super Moderator
13,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I thought this was tomorrow somehow!! Gotta run back home now.

The things we do for this shitty team

·
Registered
24,061 Posts
I thought this was tomorrow somehow!! Gotta run back home now.

The things we do for this shitty team
Unconditional love! :err:

·
Registered
2,372 Posts
Same line-up as against Torino. No surprise as we played the best of the season last game. Finally some consistency even if it means starting Hakan and Kessie, we just have no other good options

·
Super Moderator
13,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hakan is playing pretty good

·
Super Moderator
13,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hakan ****ed up big time now

·
Registered
12,203 Posts
0 1

Hakan with a bad back pass. Musachio and Roma couldn't stop ribery but donna saved his shot the rebound felt to their player and someone fouled him clumsy ffs amateur hour

Didn't watch the replay on the penalty

·
Super Moderator
13,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
We’re back to looking like a Serie B team

·
Super Moderator
13,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Two shots on target, both from 30 meters.

1 - 20 of 69 Posts