Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Super Moderator
13,722 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got to get the points here. Sassuolo are their midtable selves, but come in terrible form, four games without a win.

I'd expect the usual team, with only a few doubts:

- Calabria or Conti: Calabria is in great form, but Conti is an assist machine.

- Kessié or Biglia/Samu: Kessié will reportedly be ready, but he left injured the midweek game. If he can't play, Biglia seems like the obvious choice, either swapping with Bakayoko or with Paquetá. The other choice is what we saw at Lazio, Hakan playing mezz'ala and Castillejo on the left wing.

- Suso or Castillejo. Suso was our best offensive player by a huge margin the first half of the season, but is in such a shit form I wonder what happens when he goes to the WC. Samu was amazing against Empoli and Suso played in midweek -- everything points to Samu starting this one. We've seen that Suso seemingly can't perform anywhere but on the right wing, put perhaps this is the right time to move him around a bit, especially if Hakan plays mezz'ala, I'd be curious to see Suso as LW.

A couple of recent ones at San Siro:

·
Registered
12,231 Posts
I would play this line up:

Donna
Conti-Musachio-Roma-RR
Biglia-Baka
Samu-LP-Hakan
Piantek

Or even give a chance to Cutrone, he hasnt started a game in a while now.

·
Registered
8,866 Posts
I would play this line up:

Donna
Conti-Musachio-Roma-RR
Biglia-Baka
Samu-LP-Hakan
Piantek

Or even give a chance to Cutrone, he hasnt started a game in a while now.

I like the line up but Gatusso won’t hear ya.
You don’t put the striker on fire on the bench. Cutrone can leave if what his agent said was true. Off to the highest bidder.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
13,722 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Maybe Cutrone as LW, Samu RW, Hakan mezzala.

·
Super Moderator
13,722 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
15,572 Posts
Was just thinking about Cutrone as LW before I logged on :thumbsup:

Not only has he played there but has shown some good things too. If it's a choice between Cutrone and Borini, I'd go for Cutrone. He can do something of a Mandzukic style role (although the Croat is a bigger player and different style). However there is nothing to suggest Rino is considering this.

Gazzetta currently predicts our usual line-up. That includes Kessie.

·
Registered
8,866 Posts
If Kessie is injured, there might be a chance of Biglia and Bakayoko combi.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Scudetto
23,366 Posts
Worst Milan since January. Extremely lucky to be ahead.

Boga causing problems for Calabria and Sensi (despite his small frame) dominating the midfield. New Verratti?

·
Registered
19,795 Posts
LOL @ VAR being needed for our goal and Boga offside. They have truly thrown out the 'ref clear and obvious error' and turned it into covering for themselves
I think it's a new rule that the linesman doesn't wave unless he's 100% certain. I've seen it many times. But in this case he should have been certain, it was obvious.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G955F met Tapatalk

·
Registered
15,580 Posts
At times it's like we have control but then at times it's like we can't do anything right. So weird, maybe it's fatique?

I would sub out Bakayoko because of his yellow and Suso because he sucks again. Biglia and Castillejo in.

·
Registered
23,874 Posts
One have to look at our play and wonder when our luck will run out. 6-2 in chances for Sassuolo and them having the best chance of the game before we scored on a lucky own goal. After the first decent 10 minutes it seems like we are the bottom team, it also seems like we have been "found out". Basically sassuolo realised that we wont put in any pressure and that they can take their time to test our defense. They also seem to know that we can be hurt by attacking down the flanks. That is how we collapsed against Atalanta in autumn.

But since we are in the lead we might make it through here.

1 - 20 of 65 Posts