Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Super Moderator
13,722 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Cagliari are in poor form. They were also just locked into their training grounds by farmers who were protesting low milk prices. They will have Barella back on the squad though. We tend to beat them at home, and should do it again. The fight for fourth is getting heated.

Biglia is back for us, but should not start. The expected lineup is the usual as of late. I'd 200% play Conti over Calabria in a game like this, but that's just me.

Let's hope the attacking and creative players have a good game.

·
Registered
8,870 Posts
We have to win this. Roma and Lazio is above us now.

Let go after Inter. They hit the wall

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
Inter won, so they didn't hit any wall. Unfortunately.

The fight for 4th will go down to the wire. I have a feeling Roma is starting to come out of their shell. Would be difficult really. Sad we missed the opportunity to put some distance between us and Lazio/Roma when we had the chance on more than one occasion.

·
Registered
15,592 Posts
Fight for 4th is impossible to predict.

This is a typical 'must win' game. Line-up picks itself right now. I would also like to see Conti start but Rino's recent comments suggest that he won't.

Although I appreciate Rino's resistance to tinkering with the team, I think he should utilise his squad more, especially with substitutions. He leaves them too late. Regardless of how the game is going tonight I would like to see Conti get more than a token 5 minutes. Same with Castillejo who needs more regular minutes.

·
Registered
12,236 Posts
I think what we do have this season, that we missed in the past, is a few good players in the bench.

Castillejo, Conti, Biglia/Baka, even Lax.

Won't be an easy game, hope for the best.

·
Registered
10,122 Posts
I don’t think the fight for 4th is impossible to predict tbh. That is, I stand by my Oct 29th prediction, when Roma were hopelessly behind 4th place and I almost got censured in here :D

https://www.xtratime.org/forum/22720813-post33.html

Roma have ended in top 4 all seasons since 12/13, and eventually they would get their heads on straight. Milan on the other hand lose when it matters the most and have done so for many years. Don’t see why that would change now.

·
Registered
43,395 Posts
I think at the pregame press conference Rino spoke against using two strikers and said “I prefer 34 1-0 wins” . It reminded me of the Great Johan Cruiff who said “I prefer 4-5 loss to a 1-0 win any day”.

·
Registered
8,870 Posts
Another damper fact.
Piatek has not scored against Juventus, Inter, Napoli in the league not cup etc. top clubs.

He need to prove that he is not a small time killer
The issue is our supply to him and the other 2 strikers not adding to the tally. I don’t mean Cutrone by the way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
12,236 Posts
I don’t think the fight for 4th is impossible to predict tbh. That is, I stand by my Oct 29th prediction, when Roma were hopelessly behind 4th place and I almost got censured in here :D

Roma have ended in top 4 all seasons since 12/13, and eventually they would get their heads on straight. Milan on the other hand lose when it matters the most and have done so for many years. Don’t see why that would change now.
I also think it will be hard for us to finish 4th, even though we might have the 4th best team in the league. The reasons are the same since 2014. We have lost the leaders needed to bear the weight of the enormous amount of pressure the players face when playing for a big club. It will take time and some luck for Romagnoli and co to become true leaders.

·
Registered
15,592 Posts

Fair play to you for making a prediction, and chapeau if you're right.

What I see is a group of teams that have all shown enough inconsistency and mediocrity at times that it's difficult to back any of them, no matter what history says.

·
Registered
2,396 Posts
Hakan with a good cut in front of the box and good shot. Need to see more of that, more of him hitting target.
Suso's delivery so far is not up to his usual standard.

1 - 20 of 60 Posts