Xtratime Community banner

141 - 160 of 200 Posts

·
Registered
45,537 Posts
Discussion Starter #142
Cagliari - Sampdoria tomorrow night. Luckily Genoa, Brescia and SPAL have all lost their games, but Lecce have won and that was not good for us, because we can't rely just on the defeats of the bottom three.

·
Registered
97 Posts
HT at Cagliari, and haven't we got ourselves a nice little game? The highlight of course was the bicycle kick from Quagliarella, and the save. Ronaldo's assist for that was, I think, the best offensive contribution he's made since joining. Joao Pedo looks very dangerous for Cagliari, and I think Samp has had some defensive luck. The penalty was tough luck on Pellegrini who slipped, but, hey, we'll take it. I feel that Jankto is not contributing, and never really does. Can't we have Linetty? I really like Thorsby, who always seems to be involved.

Regarding the Alex Ferrari injury, this is an example of why soccer needs to take potential concussions more seriously. You want to tell me that in the 15 seconds he was off the field, that he had a proper examination? This is something that needs to be learned from rugby and the NFL.

Looking ahead to the 2nd half, I suppose anything is possible.

·
Super Moderator
13,713 Posts
What a crazy game. Quagliarella, Ramirez, and Quagliarella in deadly form today, and Cagliari just won't give up.

·
Super Moderator
13,713 Posts
whoaaaa 3-3 now

·
Super Moderator
13,713 Posts
4-3 for Cagliari with a 96th minute goal. Heartbreaking for Samp, who I think deserved better.

Incredible stuff from Cagliari though, very impressive by their attitude. Amazing atmosphere too, packed stadium. Still in CL spots after 14 games now.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I feel sick, and it's not the piece of cake I ate during the 2nd half. Here we go:

Audero - Not sure he can be blamed for the goals
Thorsby - Must have tired in the 2nd half, because he was not nearly as often in the camera frame. Probably at fault for the 3rd goal, and the 4th came from his wing too, I believe.
Colley - Did you notice his pinpoint long ball started the attack of the Ramirez goal?
Ronaldo - I guess I have to cool down my criticism of his attacking play, as his breakaway set up the disallowed goal.
Jankto - sell him, please
Ramirez - Best I've seen him play for Samp. In the previous two seasons, I couldn't figure out what he was doing on the team, but this year, he is much better
Quagliarella - What more can you say? Two goals and the amazing bicycle kick. How many players would have scored that volley?

I really want to see that disallowed goal again. The broadcast I was watching only had one quick replay, from which Gabbiadini was clearly onside. So what's the VAR for? Also, I think Nandez could have been sent off for intentionally kneeing Quagliarella in the back.

All in all, this game could have gone either way. You could say "I'm proud of the players for putting up such a good show and effort", but, in the end, it's 3 points lost in a real heart-breaker.

·
Registered
45,537 Posts
Discussion Starter #148
My opinion is that Ranieri could have done better after we scored the third goal. I hope that he replaced Ekdal because the player had some pain, because otherwise replacing him without an injury was a plain suicide. Linetty is a good player but Ekdal is literaly crucial when defending. I understand the other two substitutions, I just wish we had players different from Caprari and Emiliano Rigoni. Anyway, let's restart from the good performance till minute 70. Too bad that we have the Italian Cup at Sardinia Arena again in three days!

·
Registered
45,537 Posts
Discussion Starter #149
My ratings and a comment to Natan's post

Audero 5.5 - no real mistake but he didn't look particularly reactive on the goals of Joao Pedro either
Thorsby 5 - he was often out of position (right back is not his position, clearly!) and Ekdal often made for him... until the Swedish midfielder was on the pitch! The commitment is undeniable but Thorsby is an awful right back. Honest.
Ferrari 5 - until minute 70 his performance was not bad at all, then lost Joao Pedro a pair of times and above all left Cerri completely unmarked for the winning header
Colley 6 - no particular faults on all the goals
Murru 6 - our best (and indeed one) side back on the less dangerous flank
Vieira 5 - I wish he could dominate the midfield, but he doesn't. Too bad because he has the technical skills.
Ekdal 6.5 - his presence is crucial, when he came out of the pitch we conceded three. (sub Linetty 6: I wish he had replaced a different player, not Ekdal!)
Jankto 5 - a headless chicken.
Ramirez 7 - formidable player (Caprari 5)
Quagliarella 8 - see what Natan wrote
Gabbiadini 6.5 (Rigoni 3 - slow, tactically idiot, hopefully we find the way to send him back to Saint Petersburg)

Ranieri 5 - the substitutions didn't convince me at all. The coach who loses a game after leading it by a two goal margin at minute 70 cannot have no fault anyway.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Just saw bits and parts of the 2nd half against Parma. Why was the goal disallowed? Add that to Gabbiadini's disallowed goal last week. What's going on?

·
Registered
45,537 Posts
Discussion Starter #153
The goal was disallowed because VAR detected Jankto entering the PK area before Quagliarella took the penalty.
I don't blame the referees. I blame Quagliarella for missing the penalty first of all, but also Ramirez for the usual disappearance (you can never trust him to play more than a pair of brilliant games in a row) and the team as a whole for being poor. A few players very poor indeed.
It's derby della Lanterna time, we cannot lose it. Genoa are without Kouamé, Pandev and Agudelo. If we lose this derby we are really bad and deserve to go to serie B.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Well, that's pretty foolish, considering the ref must have spent a full two minutes before the penalty, seemingly giving each player his own private lecture about not entering the area too early.

Yeah, it's derby time. Maybe that will at least provide some motivation. Of course, Genoa will also have plenty of that, too.

It's going to be a long and tough slog, this season.

·
Registered
97 Posts
At HT it's 0-0 in the Derby. In truth it's been a very poor game, notable only for fouls and yellow cards. I'm as surprised as the next guy that Gabbiadini is on the bench. It's interesting that both Thorsby and Depaoli are playing. Also, now with Ekdal's injury, they're both in midfield.
I guess the most interesting question is if Romero intentionally punched Quagliarella and should have seen red. I wouldn't bet against a 0-0 with a red card in the 2nd half

·
Registered
87 Posts
Gaston Ramirez does not have a good day,would like to see gabbiadini or any other attacker come in

Skickat från min SM-N975F via Tapatalk

·
Registered
97 Posts
Gaston Ramirez does not have a good day,would like to see gabbiadini or any other attacker come in

Skickat från min SM-N975F via Tapatalk
Boy, did you get that right! I must say, it was a poor game between poor teams, but aren't we happy how it ended! I liked Ranieri's "line change", to borrow a term from ice hockey, bringing in Gabbiadini and Caprari for Ramirez and Quagliarella. I must say, I feel a little sorry for the Genoa fans - I know how they feel, been there with many teams I root for.

I wonder, could the GK have done better on the goal?

·
Registered
45,537 Posts
Discussion Starter #158
Fantastic interception by Linetty and assist to Gabbiadini. It was an ugly derby. Or at least I read it was, I can't tell because I started to watch it at minute 80, few minutes before the goal. After the goal it surely was ugly and I feared they could equalize with a header or something... but I was clearly overrating the quality of their attack. Abysmal indeed.
Now we face Juventus, next Wednesday, at Marassi.

·
Registered
45,537 Posts
Discussion Starter #160
Ok, give us that penalty for the foul on Murru after few minutes and let's see what happens, maybe give a yellow card to Demiral in one of the times he deserved it, instead of giving that second yellow card to Caprari for raising an arm. This is the reason why I can't stand Rubentus: they get the help when they need it. And Juventus clearly need it in this season.
That said, good performance for our team in spite of the huge absences in our lineup (Quagliarella, Ekdal, Vieira, Bereszynski) and the injuries during the game (Depaoli and Murru).
  • My ratings: Audero 5.5 - Murillo 5.5, Ferrari 5.5, Colley 7, Murru 5.5 - Depaoli 6, Thorsby 6.5, Linetty 6, Jankto 6 - Ramirez 5.5, Caprari 6.5
Sub: Leris 6, Gabbiadini 6, Augello nv

141 - 160 of 200 Posts