Xtratime Community banner

241 - 260 of 267 Posts

·
Registered
59,279 Posts
1-1 at HT

No idea how Lasagna's goal was allowed to stand when he fouled Yoshida before shooting. Ref and VAR both sleeping.

Nice goal by Quagliarella right before HT against one of his ex teams.

Game mostly played in midfield but Samp aside from their goal had a great chance from a Gaston header which Musso saved. That aside I thought the teams lacked creativity.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Audero - Bereszynski, Yoshida, Colley, Augello - Thorsby, Ekdal, Linetty, Jankto - Ramirez - La Gumina
I guess Quagliarella showed you, haha. Nice goal, wasn't it? Udinese's goal sure looked like a foul to me. However, I must say, that, even after the 1-0, I had a surprising feeling of confidence that it wasn't over yet.

Put me on the recording predicting that 3 points will be going home to Genova with the visitors

·
Registered
59,279 Posts
What a goal Bonazzoli

Certainly learned that from Quagliarella

Reactions: Natan

·
Registered
59,279 Posts
Another nice Samp goal

1-3 Gabbiadini, curled the shot in with his left

3 forwards with 3 nice goals.

·
Registered
118 Posts
That was a good, open 2nd half, wasn't it? I thought the officiating was awful. Udinese had a corner after the ref missed a clear foul and I think Samp had a penalty when someone was bundled over in the area waiting for a high ball. But, who's going to remember that after Bonazolli's wonder goal? And team build-up was almost as good as the goal itself. A few minutes earlier there had been another wonderful team moved that ended with Gabbiadini's shot being saved. His goal was not quite Bergkamp vs. Argentina in 1998, but what a first touch and cool finish. And who was the man giving Ranieri a lecture after the 2nd goal?

Another win against a fellow relegation struggler. If I were allowed to choose, Udinese would be the team going down (well, if I'm not allowed to choose Juve).

What do you say? Can we breath easy?

·
Registered
46,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #246
Natan, you have excellent taste in choosing the relegated ones. :D

I fear that it is going to be Lecce the relegated one. Better Lecce than us obviously! I'm not genovese so I don't really care for Genoa, neither in a sense nor in the other. If ever Sampdoria were in a comfortable position before the derby della lanterna, I'm not saying that our team would lose it on purpose but our players wouldn't play... "with the eyes of the tiger".
I understand our supporters living in Genova want a revenge of 2011, but I remember that game, I mean the derby which maybe costed us the relegation, and I remember that at least a part of the Genoa players didn't really push for the win. Then that Argentinian guy on loan from Wigan came in and as a guy who doesn't care for anything but goals he scored the winner for the joy of the supporters of Genoa and our despair. It was a hopeless team. It had proved it till that day and proved it till the very end of the season.

·
Registered
46,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #247
No idea how Lasagna's goal was allowed to stand when he fouled Yoshida before shooting. Ref and VAR both sleeping.
This Valeri guy has odd standards of refereeing. I think he didn't give a damn for the VAR's opinion, if ever the VAR told him something. At least he was consistent because I saw similar episodes (which didn't lead to a goal) and he ignored them too.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Natan, you have excellent taste in choosing the relegated ones. :D

I fear that it is going to be Lecce the relegated one. Better Lecce than us obviously! I'm not genovese so I don't really care for Genoa, neither in a sense nor in the other. If ever Sampdoria were in a comfortable position before the derby della lanterna, I'm not saying that our team would lose it on purpose but our players wouldn't play... "with the eyes of the tiger".
I understand our supporters living in Genova want a revenge of 2011, but I remember that game, I mean the derby which maybe costed us the relegation, and I remember that at least a part of the Genoa players didn't really push for the win. Then that Argentinian guy on loan from Wigan came in and as a guy who doesn't care for anything but goals he scored the winner for the joy of the supporters of Genoa and our despair. It was a hopeless team. It had proved it till that day and proved it till the very end of the season.
It's interesting that you say that. Back in the day, I was a big Arsenal fan, but I never really felt any hatred towards Tottenham. However, I really don't like Genoa. The reason I don't want them relegated is because the Della Lanterna is the only time Samp gets any media attention. But, generally I want them to lose.

·
Registered
59,279 Posts
Samp winning 3-0 against Cagliari, impressive. I am not watching but good to know that Bonazzoli scored a double. He was rated highly in our Primavera so I am glad he is scoring, especially as his goals are proving to be important.

·
Registered
46,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #252
After the two wins on Udinese and Cagliari we are pretty much out of the relegation battle. The game with Parma will probably be a warm up before the derby.

·
Registered
118 Posts
I'm sorry I missed the Parma game, but with safety assured, let's look towards next season. Any chance of Ranieri staying?
Also, I think that after the derby Quagliarella should be told his summer break is starting, and to go home. We need him rested for next season. Maybe some others too.

·
Registered
46,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #254
We are on a roll and this is the reason why I think we are going to lose the derby lol.
As for Quagliarella, well, I think he is not going to play forever, but maybe we have found the replacement for the future in Bonazzoli. TBH I strongly doubt we will keep him forever but we should at least keep him for 2020/2021.
Similarly, I think Ranieri will stay with us. I don't really think he has offers in the top leagues. Or maybe he has, but the risk to find another Fulham is higher than the chance to find another Leicester, so I guess he prefers to stay in Genova, which is not a bad place either.

·
Registered
118 Posts
We are on a roll and this is the reason why I think we are going to lose the derby lol.
Well, you were right about that. I guess Genoa just had a little more motivation. Is Bonazzoli bought or on loan? I'd really like Ranieri to stay.

·
Registered
46,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #256
Bonazzoli belongs to Sampdoria. Inter had a percent on the future sale. It is not clear whether his contract with us will expire in 2021. If it expires in 2021 we have a problem because he might choose not to renew his contract with us and leave on a free in one year or we might be forced to sell him at the end of this season in order not to lose him on a free in one year. In either cases it's a waste, partial or total.

·
Registered
59,279 Posts
I didn't watch the derby della Lanterna but saw short highlights, the Samp mistakes leading to the Genoa goals were very bad.

·
Registered
46,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #258
I didn't watch the derby della Lanterna but saw short highlights, the Samp mistakes leading to the Genoa goals were very bad.
lol, yeah.

Sampdoria and Genoa, I mean the clubs, do not really want the other club of the city to go down to serie B. An immediate return to serie A is not a certainty and the loss of money as a consequence of the no-derby is pretty important for clubs like the two genovesi. Obviously it is something they could never tell to their supporters, who are eager to see the other club in serie B, C, D,... and would not miss it if it disappeared completely. I don't belong to this category, I do not really care for Genoa, because I'm not genovese/ligure. I like a win in the derby della Lanterna but other wins are more precious to me. For example one which unfortunately won't come tomorrow. That one would be pure gold, given the situation!

Unfortunately we face Juventus without Ekdal, the tactically most precious midfielder of our team. And also without Ronaldo Vieira, who has been a sort of disappointment up to now, but remains a better option than Bertolacci. Never hire during the season players who are without a contract. They are without a contract for a good reason in most of cases!
Ranieri could field something like this
Audero - Bereszynski, Yoshida, Tonelli (Chabot), Augello (Murru) - Depaoli, Thorsby, Linetty, Jankto - Bonazzoli (Quagliarella), Gabbiadini

·
Registered
59,279 Posts
Tonight you mean?

I think last time Samp won at juve was in 12-13 when Icardi banged Buffon twice. Probably the game that made us buy him.

Yeah it's extremely unlikely juve choke at home against a team with little to play for.

·
Registered
46,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #260
Tonight you mean?

I think last time Samp won at juve was in 12-13 when Icardi banged Buffon twice. Probably the game that made us buy him.

Yeah it's extremely unlikely juve choke at home against a team with little to play for.
Yes, of course. Tonight, not tomorrow. :D

And yes, that was the last win and a great day. I thought Icardi was a hell of a forward.

241 - 260 of 267 Posts