Xtratime Community banner

221 - 234 of 234 Posts

·
Registered
46,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #223
vs Lecce without Quagliarella, Tonelli and Linetty. Not really the best scenario for us. This one looks more and more like a new annus horribils also for Sampdoria.

·
Registered
58,505 Posts
Should be quite a match, planning on watching it tomorrow evening.

Good luck to Samp

Lecce have absentees too

Squalificati: Lucioni (1)

Indisponibili: Rossettini (2 giorni), Dell'Orco (15 giorni), Deiola (20 giorni), Lapadula (15 giorni, Majer (10 giorni),

Must have felt dirty rooting for juve tonight, right Toni? But that would be the logical thing to do for a Samp fan tbh.

·
Registered
46,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #225
There was no need. I have never thought Genoa could get one point out of this game. More, I don't think Genoa will go down. I believe it is between Lecce and us.

·
Registered
58,505 Posts
Genoa have a tough schedule

Next up Udinese away, then Napoli (H), then Spal (H), Torino (A), they then have 2 huge games against Lecce (H) and the derby, followed by Inter (H), Sassuolo (A) and Verona (H)

·
Registered
46,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #227 (Edited)
Not really THAT tough. They have yet to play against 5 of the 6 worst teams of serie A right now (just Brescia is missing) and they also face Sassuolo and Verona when very likely both teams have nothing to fight for. It is indeed very similar to ours, infact we also have to face 5 of the 6 worst serie A teams (Brescia instead of Toro), but Lecce tonight (we have one game in hand). We also face Juventus when very likely they are still fighting for scudetto, Milan when they might fight for the EL spot, Atalanta in the next game (lol, I'd settle for a 0-2 defeat).

·
Registered
46,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #228 (Edited)
Awful game, awful teams, awful atmosphere, three goals as a result of three penalties, three points for us. Thank you Ranieri, you are probably going to prevent this team from going down, but your football is painful to watch and I hope this one remains the one season with you as the coach. Is it possible for this team to play better football and avoid relegation nevertheless? Whatever is the answer, I want to watch better football.

My ratings:
Audero 6.5 - Bereszynski 6, Yoshida 6.5, Colley 6, Augello 6.5 (Murru nv) - Depaoli 6, Thorsby 5.5, Ekdal 6 (Vieira nv), Jankto 6 (Léris nv) - Ramirez 6.5 - Bonazzoli 4* (Gabbiadini 6)

*The fool almost got sent off.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I didn't see the game, but I'm sure it was bad. But look, a win, while resting, at least partially, Gabbiadini and Murru, isn't bad. Actually, I think Samp are unbeaten against the fellow relegation candidates. Let's hope that record keeps up. Did you say Atalanta? I thought the next game was SPAL.

·
Registered
58,505 Posts
Rocchi was assigned for Lecce-Samp match due to his experience and the importance of the match to both teams, but 2 penalties were dubious (Lecce's and the 2nd Samp penalty), and like Toni said, Bonazzoli was a lucky boy. Could easily have been sent off, football Italia wrote it was accidental, didn't look accidental to me tbh. I don't remember any VAR checks in that match, either. Neither team created much.

·
Registered
58,505 Posts
Yeah, the next game is vs SPAL. They have a poor team, an awful coach... probably we will suffer neverthless!
Lecce will most probably lose at Sassuolo and Genoa will lose in Udine so beating Spal would give you some nice breathing space over Lecce and Genoa. Really a must win for Samp. Important round. Also because I can't see this poor Torino taking anything from juve, and Fiorentina losing at Parma is likely.

·
Registered
46,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #234
In the meanwhile: Linetty, Quagliarella and even Alex Ferrari could be ready for the next game. I believe it when I see them on the pitch!

Thorsby is banned, Tonelli is injured.

I would suggest a lineup but the Tinkerman is sort of unpredictable.

221 - 234 of 234 Posts