Xtratime Community banner

101 - 120 of 130 Posts

·
Registered
17,129 Posts
I don't know what you're referring to, but I think Sampdoria should have had a penalty against Udinese that wasn't given.

And surely Udinese's goal was illegal.
I didn't see that game or those highlights, but I didn't think Milan deserved that penalty to tie the game. Maybe I'm being a bit biased though.

·
Registered
59,279 Posts
Imo it was a penalty. Maksimovic fouled Bonaventura.

·
Registered
13,073 Posts
People are dying from weird viruses, animals are going extinct, the world is collapsing into a giant pile of shit, but one thing never changes: Juve won another scudetto, their 9th consecutive one. It is the one thing you could bet on and never be wrong. It doesn't even generate headlines or interest. It's just...nothing.

·
Registered
3,077 Posts
De Laurentiis (Napoli’s President): “We are working with the Federation towards the path of Serie A play-offs and play-outs, to break up the damaging consistency of the last nine years” .

🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣

I guess they can't handle it anymore

·
Registered
46,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #106
He wants to add a bit of randomness which could help his own club.
He is such a poor loser.

·
Registered
3,077 Posts
He is such a poor loser.
I think the Coppa Italia win got to him, he thinks he can win the Scudetto the same way...

A more realistic approach to breaking the Juve Serie A domination is to just play the CL anthem before every Serie A match :LOL:

·
Administrator
52,912 Posts
He is such a poor loser.
Hahah, the shocking thing is FIGC is hearing him out??? We can't win league regular way so let's make playoff where 1-2 games can decide the winner? And they think this farce is a good idea?

·
Registered
23,888 Posts
Simply said this season was a season which Juve could easily lost the scudetto if any rivals got their act together. No rival did just that, so there aint much to complain about.

·
Registered
59,279 Posts
So either Genoa or Lecce will go down. Both play at home the last round against teams with nothing to play for. It's simple: Genoa beat Verona and they survive regardless of what Lecce do against Parma.

Can this Genoa that just lost 5-0 at Sassuolo beat Verona, though?

Another question, will Verona take the match against Genoa seriously enough? Ivan Juric, Lazovic and Veloso all have a Genoa past... in fact I remember that Veloso is married to Preziosi's daughter...

Lecce are probably the better team than Genoa imo.

·
Registered
3,077 Posts
Simply said this season was a season which Juve could easily lost the scudetto if any rivals got their act together. No rival did just that, so there aint much to complain about.
Very much of this true, but I feel this season was a strangely fragmented season... pre-COVID it is true that Lazio were playing sumptuous football and were considered serious contenders to Juve... but remember they were playing their very best football in more than a decade whereas Juve were still kind of getting there (winning matches without particularly performing well) and clearly have had a few more gears to switch to that were probably reserved for the season's final stretch..... and yet Juve were still topping the league's standings, thanks mainly to that crucial Derby d'Italia win... also knowing that the remaining tough matches (vs Lazio/Atalanta) will be played at home probably consolidated Juve's credentials and gave them the edge...

Then COVID happened and threw a spanner into the works for most teams, I still cannot fathom how this break, playing in the heat every 3 days affected teams very differently... Milan and Atalanta for some reason suddenly sparked into life and couldn't stop winning, while teams like Roma improved slightly... Inter suffered slightly.... while other teams suffered a lot, including Juve and Lazio (who practically fell off the cliff due mainly to crippling injuries to Inzaghi's squad) ... so it looks like an inverted pyramid with teams at the top - for some reason - suffering the most.... thankfully for them, the number of rounds were not enough for the other teams to catch-up....

This is how the post-lockdown table looks like:

1. Atalanta 27
2. Milan 27
3. Inter 22
4. Roma 22
5. Napoli 20
6. Juventus 20
7. Sassuolo 19
8. Lazio 16
9. Fiorentina 16
10. Sampdoria 15
11. Udinese 14
12. Cagliari 13
13. Bologna 12
14. Verona 11
15. Torino 11
16. Genoa 11
17. Parma 10
18. Lecce 10
19. Brescia 8
20. SPAL 2

Juve's average points per match dropped from 2.42 pre-lockdown to a mere 1.82 post-lockdown (-25%).... Inter dropped slightly (-9%) whereas Milan's jumped from 1.38 to 2.45 (which was close to Juve's pre-lockdown average).... so theoretically, if there were many more rounds remaining then Milan would've been considered serious challengers behind Atalanta, based on post-lockdown form....

Most 'Top' teams garnered a similar point tally post-lockdown (between 20-22) whereas Milan and Atalanta over-achieved while Lazio underachieved massively...

Will this have any affect on the new season? Only time will tell....

·
Registered
17,129 Posts
Does someone know why linesman call offsides so late now? What is the point of letting the player play on thinking he can score and then raising the flag once he has a go? I don't get it.

·
Registered
15,674 Posts
I think it's because of VAR. If a player scores and the linesman thinks he's offside, but is then overturned by VAR?

·
Administrator
52,912 Posts

·
Registered
13,073 Posts
the acceleration, pace, strength and skills were present for all to see. Will he be gone by Sept.?

·
Registered
17,129 Posts
He has still lots to learn. In the first half he barely did anything. Seems like he needs ball at his feet and running forward to be effective.

·
Administrator
52,912 Posts
the acceleration, pace, strength and skills were present for all to see. Will he be gone by Sept.?
View attachment 71082

No offense...But I really hope so, if it means Juve, dreamt of seeing in our colours all year. If we dont give Roma good enough deal now, next summer it might be too late, when he becomes an established breakout player getting huge bids from Real, City, Bayern etc. Another Verratti sitaution, getting scooped up overseas while the big italian sides wait around for opportunistic deals.

·
Administrator
52,912 Posts
@ToniSamp @red @Firdaus @Nacka

This is Conte in each of the 4 senior/top level teams he coached:

Atalanta: https://www.tuttomercatoweb.com/ser...nnaio-dobbiamo-intervenire-sul-mercato-182577
Juventus: Juventus, Antonio Conte e quella frase ad Agnelli che gli è costata la panchina
Chelsea: Antonio Conte's attitude increasingly frustrating Chelsea
Inter: Conte: 'No protection from Inter' | Football Italia

See the pattern? An absolute self destructive obbsessively demanding spoiled manchild attitude throughout. He just cant help it, even when everything is handed to him, he becomes an insufferable loud mouth.

Now I heard Rumours he will suddenly leave Inter for no reason, and the worst of all, for Juve fans, competetively speaking, that you would hire Allegri to replace him. A legit fearsome and tactically flexible coach that can elevate a well functioning quality team to another level, more so then Conte. Conte is more about building the strong foundation, grinding league results, after that he self-destructs for no reason.

·
Greta joke sharer
23,658 Posts
I'm not even entirely sure what he's talking about. Protection from what? Being criticized in the media?

What does he expect? The club to issue press releases praising him to make up for people being mean to him in the press?

Reactions: ToniSamp

·
Administrator
52,912 Posts
No one knows, this is the guy who resigned from Juve mid pre-season tour, because they club wouldnt sign friggin Iturbe.

Let that sink in....

ITURBE.

He acts like a demanding egomaniac for no reason whatsoever, its baffling, because most of it comes out of absolutely nowhere. He burned his bridge with Chelsea over litterally nothing, with Juve too. He outright insulted the Juve squad Allegri proceeded to take to two CL finals, as "not enough to get out of group stage, unless you sign the players I want at any time"( the famous going to 100 euros resturant with 10 euros quote). Now he seems to allude he is leaving Inter, over a meltdown no one understands wtf he is on about.

He thinks he is a Manager in early mid 90s EPL, where you are the coach, scout, director, GM, with open cheque book (I mean, didnt Inter sign players for him with around 200m lol). But even if he had that, he would find something out of thin air to complain and lose his mind about.

Reactions: ToniSamp
101 - 120 of 130 Posts