Xtratime Community banner

61 - 80 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
15,537 Posts
Put a smile on my face in dire times, to see Atalanta just going ham and risking it all for entertainment sake even tho they had big lead in first tie lol.

Gasperini's system combined with these two is just a joy to watch right now:

Hopefully Conte takes the hint and starts playing Eriksen and Sensi together behind Lukaku (once Lautaro is sold to Barcelona).

·
Registered
15,537 Posts
Rugani has COVID-19

Bye bye Serie A and Champions League

·
Administrator
52,448 Posts
Really sad. It was bound to happen. Now our team will be in 2 weeks quarantine. And so will the Inter team because we just played you.

·
Greta joke sharer
22,976 Posts
Damn, I feel sorry for Atalanta if their CL run is ended due to this shit.

Inter's and Roma's Europa League matches are already postponed.

·
Registered
6,388 Posts
Football should not be priority right now and really its not only about Italy too - french ans spanish cases are pretty worrying and they just got 2 teams in the 1/4 finals.

·
Registered
15,537 Posts
Really sad. It was bound to happen. Now our team will be in 2 weeks quarantine. And so will the Inter team because we just played you.
UEFA embarassingly clinging to the idea tha UCL and EL can still go ahead.

According to Il Messaggero they have asked Inter and Roma to forfeit EL participation.

What a farce.

What about Juventus and the UCL? Obviously no team is going to willingly exit the UCL so I guess UEFA didn't even bother asking.

Anyway, I hope Rugani is OK, the Juve and Inter squads/staff and their families, and that Northern Italy soon, God willing, recovers from this horror show.

Sorry, but f**k football at this stage. People's lives are what matter, regardless of whether they are 40 or 95 years old.

The interviews I have seen with Italian journos in the most affected regions have been absolutely chilling

·
Registered
15,537 Posts
Gabbiadini has contracted COVID-19.

Samp last played Hellas Verona

·
Registered
16,832 Posts
The doctors' reports from Italy are frightening. It is not worth continuing and the institutions should just put a stop to gatherings. Leagues including CL should be suspended for sure.

·
Administrator
52,448 Posts
I seen a horrifying video of an italian actor (from the gomorrah tv series) in Naples, a Cityor region not hit hard yet (mainly north effected), is STUCK in his apartment with the corpse of his dead from corona virus sister (she was at risk group, epilepsy). The authorities dont want to test him, and the funeral homes didnt want to pick up his sisters corpse, its crazy. He's just self-quarantinying himself in there.

·
MVP
8,984 Posts
Goes without saying that public health is more important than anything.

The world, literally, should go on a 1 month break before clearing this shit up (which for the most part already is).

As for the league/reward decisions, just postpone everything, or make 2020 season unassigned. I don't know what else to say. Sucks for everybody. Even as a Juve fan I wouldn't like an "assigned" Scudetto on merit of mid-season table standings. Same should apply to other European postponed leagues. (just my two cents on that regard).

But over and above everything, contain this virus, get everybody infected quarantined, and let's hope for a f*cking vaccine.

·
Registered
45,537 Posts
Discussion Starter #72
Every now and then I read football related news (not really my first thought right now). I wonder whether it's just the newspapers pretending or the clubs are really considering finishing this season. If they are then they are really living on Mars because there is no way it will happen. If they have some sort of connection to Earth they should have understood that it is more likely that they restart from gameday 26 of this season in one year.

·
Registered
15,537 Posts
True Toni.

475 dead in the last 24 hours.

Horrifying.

·
Registered
45,537 Posts
Discussion Starter #74 (Edited)
yeah, I get Gravina (the chief of FIGC) is doing his job, but for God's sake, what exactly suggests football might start in May or even June? In Italy newspapers have talked about peak of cases/deaths being in the next few days... for ten days now (!!) and that peak never comes because the following day is worse than day before. To be honest I'm not eager to watch THIS football restart anyway. Right now I don't miss it at all!

·
Registered
11 Posts
This has been the most intriguing Serie A campaign in a decade. The capocannoniere race was good as well.

In the end the bianconeri would have likely won the Serie A anyways.

·
Administrator
52,448 Posts
Lotito and ADL are absolute morons.

The club doctors said they will boycott if training starts again.

·
Registered
45,537 Posts
Discussion Starter #79 (Edited)
Lotito: "Avete visto i dati? - ha chiesto ai colleghi - Oh se sta a ritirà! Ma poi io lo so: io parlo con i luminari, quelli che stanno in prima linea, non con i medici delle squadre".
He pretends that he is in touch with the real experts on the matter and coronavirus is "pulling back" (whatever it means in medical terms!).
Agnelli replies: "have you become a virologist now?"

source Tuttosport

·
Registered
43,694 Posts
Like quite a few have said, scudetto should be decided via a playoff between Lazio and Juventus or be written off entirely. The latter would really suck for Lazio, given their title challenge and Immobile's monster goal tally. Dude is one goal short of the tally for Lukaku and Lautaro COMBINED.

61 - 80 of 80 Posts