Xtratime Community banner

41 - 60 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
15,537 Posts
If there's one Serie A team I generally don't have a problem with and think deserves a break or two, then it's Roma.

But Fonseca, the coaching staff and now Petrachi are embarrassing the f**k out of themselves with their reaction to the disallowed Kalinic "goal" against Cagliari.

Clear as day foul that will be given 100 times out of 100 in every league in Europe. Kalinic - a terrible player BTW - sees he isn't going to get near the ball so intentionally shoves Pisacane in the back with both hands, causing Pisacane to collide head-first with Olsen.

Pisacane was subsequently take away in an ambulance.

The situation would have been solved if Kalinic had just been a good sportsman and admitted to the foul he committed which directly caused 2 players to get hurt.

But instead he was as vocal as the rest. What an a**hole.

·
Administrator
52,448 Posts

:star: :proud:

·
Registered
12,160 Posts
The time of year when Milan receives ref favors, still drops points, throws a fit arguing Juve ones to receive ref favors and why they're not winning scudetto.

·
Registered
13,063 Posts
Cellino manages to condemn Brescia Calcio to additional shame. No, Balotelli is not an angel, but the comments coming out of Verona and Brescia over this situation have been shameful and outright barbaric. At what point do you educate yourself enough to step out of the racist bubble you live in?

·
Registered
13,063 Posts
Work horse, tho his effectiveness may depend on where he plays on the pitch. Sacrificed for years at RB for the benefit of the club, even though he's probably better played further upfield. He's all class as a person. As a RB, he's inconsistent.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Atalanta is flying high! When was the last time a team scored 7 three times in one season, in one of the top leagues?

And Cagliari hasn't won since that crazy win over Samp...

·
Registered
45,537 Posts
Discussion Starter #49 (Edited)
@Natan
Hopefully Atalanta do not score 7 to Sampdoria!

As regards serie A I think the competition we have in this season is mostly a consequence of Juventus being weakened. I said it a while ago: buying Higuain from Napoli and Pjanic from Roma had the immediate effect to weaken their Italian opponents, but didn't really strengthen Juventus. Juventus failed to replace the midfield (Vidal-Pirlo-Pogba) which was their real strength instead. The truth is that Allegri's approach made them look better than they actually were when most of supporters thought Allegri's approach made them look worse. Sarri's experiment has already failed and I don't blame Sarri for that. He is simply the wrong coach for Juventus. He is trying his best, but his best doesn't suit Juventus.

They will probably win the Triplete nevertheless, but that is another matter! ;):ROFLMAO::giggle:

·
Registered
45,537 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
Actually mental how many goals Atalanta score!
What impresses me the most is the very poor level of defending. Chiellini is one of the very few effective defenders left. A few ones might have the passing skills of the midfielders, but can't defend properly. Finally, there is a lot of defenders who are simply awful from every point of view.

·
Registered
97 Posts
What impresses me the most is the very poor level of defending. Chiellini is one of the very few effective defenders left. A few ones might have the passing skills of the midfielders, but can't defend properly. Finally, there is a lot of defenders who are simply awful from every point of view.
Haha, there's a true Italian speaking :)

Yeah, if Atalanta are going to score 7 again, I suppose Colley et. al are good candidates to be on the receiving end.

And, for goodness' sake, can someone explain Cagliari's firing of their manager? Isn't this like their best season in a long time?

·
Registered
45,537 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
And, for goodness' sake, can someone explain Cagliari's firing of their manager? Isn't this like their best season in a long time?
It surely was, but they haven't won one game in the last 12 (after defeating Sampdoria twice, in serie A and Italian Cup), with 4 draws and 7 defeats in serie A in the last 11 serie A games and the elimination in the Italian Cup.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I don't like it. Is their new manager going to lead them to the Scudetto? In American sports, they don't fire coaches so often, and I think it's better that way. Teams can build themselves. The idea of firing a coach after one season, not to mention less, is quite rare.

On the other hand, imagine if Samp had not fired Di Francesco...Actually, I prefer not to imagine

·
Registered
97 Posts
There's a lot of things more important than soccer going on now in Italy, just like to express my hopes and prayers that there will be a drastic improvement very soon.

·
Administrator
52,448 Posts
Put a smile on my face in dire times, to see Atalanta just going ham and risking it all for entertainment sake even tho they had big lead in first tie lol.

Gasperini's system combined with these two is just a joy to watch right now:

·
Registered
13,063 Posts
Welcome to UCL quarter-finals on a total of about 35M, some great scouting & investing!

Gollini 3.8M€
Djimsiti free
Caldara loan
Palomino 4.5M€
Freuler 2M€
de Roon 13.5M€
Gosens 1M€
Hateboer 1M€
Pasalic loan
Ilicic 5.75M€
Gomez 4.47M€

·
Registered
15,537 Posts
Pity the UCL will be abandoned soon.

Incredibly enjoyable game yesterday given the lack of fans.

·
Registered
15,537 Posts
Welcome to UCL quarter-finals on a total of about 35M, some great scouting & investing!

Gollini 3.8M€
Djimsiti free
Caldara loan
Palomino 4.5M€
Freuler 2M€
de Roon 13.5M€
Gosens 1M€
Hateboer 1M€
Pasalic loan
Ilicic 5.75M€
Gomez 4.47M€
That is just mind-boggling....