Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 542 Posts

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Done deal: Carlo Ancelotti to Napoli.

Aren't they dying to win the Scudetto? Ancelotti has the worst record in winning domestic leagues, was it 1 Scudetto in 13 attempts?

·
Administrator
52,169 Posts
Still a top coach.

More interesting is the mercato for them. Who will it attract, and more importantly can they keep their stars single they don't pay competitive salaries exactly.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Everyone knows this past season was THE season for Napoli.... now Reina left, Hamsik wants to opt out to China, Jorginho is close to City, Mertens has a low release clause for non-Italian clubs while players like Koulibaly might follow Sarri to Chelsea...

·
Registered
45,411 Posts
Ancelotti to Napoli? Unpredictable!

Reina is hardly a huge loss. It will be interesting to see what the other players want to do. I expect ADL to invest badly for his new coach anyway as I doubt that Ancelotti accepted the job without promises of investments.

·
Administrator
52,169 Posts
Glad he is back is serie a
This appointment has to hurt for the pride of Milan tho. Can't attract one of their biggiest legends to choose them over Napoli.

·
Registered
19,795 Posts
This appointment has to hurt for the pride of Milan tho. Can't attract one of their biggiest legends to choose them over Napoli.

Not really. It was obvious we were going to continue with Rino so Carlo wasn't an option. If we still had Montella then it would have been different but the management wants to continue with Gattuso and it would be unfair to sack him now.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G955F met Tapatalk

·
Administrator
52,169 Posts
You wouldn't sack Gattuso for Ancelotti? Because barely qualifying for EL screams must Keep?

More likely they failed to attract him, Conte or Sarri with their uncertain project. It's not often 3 top Italian coaches are available in same summer.

·
Registered
57,416 Posts
Ancelotti to Napoli? Unpredictable!

Reina is hardly a huge loss. It will be interesting to see what the other players want to do. I expect ADL to invest badly for his new coach anyway as I doubt that Ancelotti accepted the job without promises of investments.
It's quite a challenge for Ancelotti. It's one thing to win at PSG/Milan/Real/Chelsea/Bayern, but at Napoli it will be harder.

·
Registered
16,828 Posts
I really hope there can be a more level playing field this year with new contenders that won't fight to choke in the end.

·
Registered
12,131 Posts
With Sarri and prolly a few key players leaving, ADL decided to focus on revenue growth, prestige, and I'm guessing a change in mentality (though he himself has to change first).

Not a bad idea esp if Conte wasn't interested.

CA won't be as good a league coach but will do better in Europe, generate more interest in Napoli, and is more likely to attract quality players with his connections and resume (all of which mean more revenue).

Is Di Maria to Napoli possible? Seems impossible on the surface, but he's considered an EPL failure he doesn't have many choices. And ADL uncharacteristically already broke the bank for CA.

·
Registered
12,131 Posts

It'll hurt the pride of Milan and the Milanisti only b/c they're delusional.

The thought of Ancelotti coaching an upper midtable Serie A level team shouldn't cross anyone's mind and that's without even mentioning ownership issues, financial trouble, and UEFA sanctions.

Napoli is even valued higher than Milan now.

·
Registered
13,043 Posts
CR7 coming to Italy has the potential to really lift viewership and the prestige of Serie A. It will be interesting to see how this affects this summer's remaining mercato. How far will Roma, Napoli and the Milans go to try and chase what looks like a runaway Juve? Personally, I'll be very surprised if Juve go another season without a new CB. They are aging rapidly in that dept.

·
Administrator
52,169 Posts
I'll be very surprised if Juve go another season without a new CB. They are aging rapidly in that dept.
Two top young backups in Caldara and Rugani:

Chiellini is 33 and Benatia 31, its more then well enough for now to be top competetive, in a position where experience and seniority is highly valued. Only truly old one is Barzagli, and he is gonna stay for a while longer to part wisdom and stability in the group.

·
Registered
16,828 Posts
Two top young backups in Caldara and Rugani:

Chiellini is 33 and Benatia 31, its more then well enough for now to be top competetive, in a position where experience and seniority is highly valued. Only truly old one is Barzagli, and he is gonna stay for a while longer to part wisdom and stability in the group.
It is perfectly fine for Serie A, and this is a league thread, but for CL, do you feel you need one additional CB in their prime? Not sure Caldara and especially not rugani are ready for cl

·
Administrator
52,169 Posts
They are the backups and are top talents , with Barzagli there too, how much backups do you need for CBs?

Our issue isn't CBs but CMs.

·
Registered
12,131 Posts
It is perfectly fine for Serie A, and this is a league thread, but for CL, do you feel you need one additional CB in their prime? Not sure Caldara and especially not rugani are ready for cl
Real aside, have you seen the CBs playing for other top teams?

1 - 20 of 542 Posts