Milan
Napoli
Roma
Sampdoria
Sassuolo
S.P.A.L. Ferrara
Torino
Udinese

- first season in serie A for Benevento, who are the 67th serie A club and the 5th newcomer in the last four seasons (the other newcomers were Carpi, Crotone, Frosinone and Sassuolo). Benevento are the first club in the history of Italian football to reach serie A after having spent just one season in serie B since their fundation. Carpi had spent two.
- SPAL (Società Polisportiva Ars et Labor) return to serie A after 49 seasons but they are 26th in terms of points gained since the creation of it (see classifica perpetua della serie A since 1929). They spent 16 seasons in serie A between 1951 and 1968.
- Hellas Verona return to serie A after just one season spent in serie B.

·
Registered
17,028 Posts
Looking forward to it. Really hope the likes of Milan and Inter improve...need this league to be stronger...I think the Milan clubs are the key to making that happen. Roma,Lazio and Napoli should continue where they left off.

Predictions on who will win? Benevento I my tip ��

·
Registered
23,825 Posts
Verona were of course massive favourites to gain promotion. Which makes Spal season even more impressive, seen many rumours of them loaning our players.

·
Registered
45,377 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The coaches for the next season

Atalanta: Gasperini (confirmed)
Benevento: Baroni (confirmed)
Bologna: Donadoni (confirmed)
Cagliari: Rastelli (confirmed)
Chievo Verona: Maran (confirmed)
Crotone: Nicola (confirmed)
Fiorentina: Pioli (new)
Genoa: Juric (confirmed?)
Hellas Verona: Pecchia (confirmed)
Inter: Spalletti (new)
Juventus: Allegri (confirmed)
Lazio: Simone Inzaghi (confirmed)
Milan: Montella (confirmed)
Napoli: Sarri (confirmed)
Roma: Di Francesco (new)
Sampdoria: Giampaolo (confirmed)
Sassuolo: Bucchi (new)
S.P.A.L. Ferrara: Semplici (confirmed)
Torino: Mihajlovic (confirmed?)
Udinese: Delneri (confirmed)

Basically just 4 new coaches on the axis Firenze-Inter-Roma-Sassuolo, with Sousa leaving the league and Bucchi, former Perugia coach, joining it. The three promoted clubs confirmed their coaches and all of them do not look eager to leave (Baroni is tempted by Palermo). Mihajlovic and Juric were confirmed but neither Toro nor Genoa look so enthusiastic about it. There were rumors about Nicola joining his old club Torino.

·
Registered
57,416 Posts
Benevento are the first club in the history of Italian football to reach serie A after having spent just one season in serie B since their fundation.
Second. Juve were the first in that regard: 1 season in B since their foundation then promotion to A :D

Admittedly I copied that from an anti juve page on FB.

·
Administrator
52,118 Posts
Only question mark for this season is, who will get the new 4th CL spot?

·
Administrator
52,118 Posts
Spalletti is a big loss, but they have the quality squad enough and experience to still guarantee top 3. The Milano clubs have alot to prove still.

Skickat från min SM-G930F via Tapatalk

·
Administrator
52,118 Posts
From 2018-2019 season Serie A clubs get 4 guranteed CL spots, as in no qualification but direct spots. Its the same for all top leagues.

·
Registered
45,377 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Reading that there are issues with new TV rights. Anyone that could tell more about it?
the usual demand/offer shit with Mediaset who declined, Sky who made the highest offer but not high enough (much inferior to starting price) according to Lega serie A who isn't satisfied at all and Cairo who proposes a TV of Lega serie A.
I'm not an expert of the matter so I can't tell you more, but that is pretty much what is going on.

·
Registered
27 Posts
The coaches for the next season

Atalanta: Gasperini (confirmed)
Benevento: Baroni (confirmed)
Bologna: Donadoni (confirmed)
Cagliari: Rastelli (confirmed)
Chievo Verona: Maran (confirmed)
Crotone: Nicola (confirmed)
Fiorentina: Pioli (new)
Genoa: Juric (confirmed?)
Hellas Verona: Pecchia (confirmed)
Inter: Spalletti (new)
Juventus: Allegri (confirmed)
Lazio: Simone Inzaghi (confirmed)
Milan: Montella (confirmed)
Napoli: Sarri (confirmed)
Roma: Di Francesco (new)
Sampdoria: Giampaolo (confirmed)
Sassuolo: Bucchi (new)
S.P.A.L. Ferrara: Semplici (confirmed)
Torino: Mihajlovic (confirmed?)
Udinese: Delneri (confirmed)

Basically just 4 new coaches on the axis Firenze-Inter-Roma-Sassuolo, with Sousa leaving the league and Bucchi, former Perugia coach, joining it. The three promoted clubs confirmed their coaches and all of them do not look eager to leave (Baroni is tempted by Palermo). Mihajlovic and Juric were confirmed but neither Toro nor Genoa look so enthusiastic about it. There were rumors about Nicola joining his old club Torino.
Juric confirmed and working

·
Registered
40,297 Posts
Vieri gives Serie A predictions

Christian Vieri claims Juventus will win Serie A again next season, Inter can go back to being their old selves and that Milan lack champions.

In an interview with Corriere dello Sport for its Monday edition, Vieri also admitted Napoli were missing “cynicism and consistency”, “I can’t imagine” Roma without Francesco Totti and that the transfer market was “boring”.

"Which Serie A will it be next season? I’m afraid it’ll be unchanged. Juve will win it again and the others will chase them,” began the former Italy striker.

“Of course, we’re only in early July and there’s still time for clubs to make good signings and try to close the gap on the Bianconeri.

“We’ll see, but like I said, I’m afraid there’ll be no great emotions [in the title race].

“The Champions League, is there a curse? I honestly see it differently. Juve are a great club and to reach the Final twice in three years means you’re a great team.

“After that, you also need a bit of luck and Juve played two of the best teams on each occasion.

“I think that just getting there is a great achievement and a good starting point for them to get even better.

“Inter ready to challenge with Suning? They will be, but they’ll have to work hard in the market and try to buy important players, who can make the difference.

“But certainly, their base, especially in an economic sense, seems to be solid and concrete, and this is an excellent starting point for them to look to the future with confidence.

“Perhaps they won’t be able to compete straight away, but I think they can go back to being the Inter we all remember in the near future.

“Regarding Milan, I have a few more doubts. They’ve signed a good striker, Andre Silva, who I like, but I don’t see them bringing in the top players they need to get [back near the top] and stay there.

“It’s clear that the club are doing what they can and what their finances allow, so [the new signings] need time to settle and develop both awareness and familiarity with a glorious brand like that of Milan, but in order to win, you need champions.

“Napoli? I don’t think they’ll change very much. They must make a leap in quality if they are to compete and aim for the top.

“Still, they’re a great team that play good football and have fun. Perhaps they lack the right dosage of ruthlessness and consistency. If they get them, it can really make a difference.

“Roma without Totti? I can’t imagine it, it’s difficult. Without their No 10 on the pitch, it’ll be another Roma.

“Time passes, and sooner or later we all stop, but it’s clear that the first season will mark the beginning of a new era that we can’t ignore or not notice.

“What do I think of the transfer market? It’s boring. For some years now, unfortunately, in Italy, there’s no longer any big business like in the past.”

football-italia.net

·
Registered
45,377 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Verona were of course massive favourites to gain promotion. Which makes Spal season even more impressive, seen many rumours of them loaning our players.
after reading their first movements in the transfer campaign I think SPAL have the bigger chance in staying in serie A. It doesn't mean much as both could go down anyway.
SPAL kept a solid core of players and have the better coach, Hellas Verona have Pecchia, who in my opinion is a disgrace, and rely heavily on the quality of players who are well past it either mentally (Cerci) or physically (Cassano).

·
Registered
57,416 Posts
Cerci and Cassano will be motivated - And both have talent.

Hellas will stay up imo.

·
Administrator
52,118 Posts
You know you are a sad player when at 35 years of age you described as have talent.

I don't about SPALs squad at all, but I don't see anything inspiring in Veronas lineup. Best case scenario Cerci might be alright.

Skickat från min SM-G930F via Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 683 Posts