Xtratime Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
45,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There is very little to say about this weekend. Most of games are meaningless. The four games which aren't pointless are the ones involving Roma. Napoli, Empoli and Crotone, but theirs are hardly formidable games as the opponents have nothing to fight for.

Game of the Week: Roma - Genoa (Sunday 28th May, 18.00) :star: :star:
Honestly, this is the game of the week just for two reasons. First of all, the win of Napoli will be useless if Roma win this game and very likely Roma will be leading 2-0 after a quarter of a hour. Then because it's the last game of Francesco Totti (just for Roma?). Will Genoa even try to be the party pooper?

Other games:

Sampdoria - Napoli (Sunday 28 May, 18:00) :star: :star:
This game will be heavily affected by the updates Napoli receive from Rome. A comfortable win of Roma after a quarter of a hour would likely bring down the motivations of the players of Napoli.

Crotone - Lazio and Palermo - Empoli (Sunday 28 May, 20.45) :star: :star:
Same as above. A comfortable win of Empoli at Palermo would affect the performance of Crotone. The one question here is: what are Lazio and Palermo going to do?

·
Registered
45,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
It was fun watching the supporters of Napoli at Marassi turning from arrogant to sad when Roma scored. In their face!

Tonight the biggest shock: Crotone remain in serie A at the expense of Empoli. Rightly so. Crotone deserve to stay in serie A more than Empoli for what they showed throughout the season. They had been unlucky and even robbed in a few games.

·
Registered
14,067 Posts
Goodbye Totti, the greatest of adversaries! Laziali will miss you too.

I must say I was almost happy that Genoa in the end had the good heart to let Roma score that winner. That farewell party would have been pretty bitter otherwise. Totti deserved this.

Having said that, after yesterday, I don't think anybody can really criticize Spalletti for how he handled the situation. Totti lost the ball so much, it was rather sad to see him like this. Sentimentality is understandble and I'm sure everybody would have liked to see Totti play a bigger role in his final season. But Spalletti always thought about the team first and took the CL spot because of that.

·
Registered
13,032 Posts
It was a day that will live long in the memory of Roma fans everywhere. Second place, capocannoniere winner. Dzeko ends season with 1 goal and two assists in the match, 29 goals, 9 assists total.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts