Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 1988 Posts

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
Lazio's form in friendlies to me makes it seem just 2 teams in CL again this year for Italy. Possibility of a dreadful draw too

·
Registered
57,416 Posts
Genoa President mocks Samp
By Football Italia staff

Genoa President Enrico Preziosi flew a plane over fans with a message to mock Sampdoria’s Europa League exit.

There’s no love lost between the city rivals, so it was understandably tense when Genoa finished in front of Samp in the Serie A standings.

However, the Grifone were denied a UEFA licence for failing to register an alternative stadium and their Europa League spot went to Samp instead.

Last month the Blucerchiati supporters flew a small plane over the city with the message: ‘No licence, tough luck. Thanks Enrico.’

Now that Sampdoria have been eliminated in the preliminary round 4-2 on aggregate to Vojvodina, Preziosi has taken revenge.

The President paid for a plane to fly over during a friendly between Genoa and Empoli. ‘I’m sorry, but I did all I could for you. Enrico.’

---

:D Great trolling from both parties. Respect.

·
FINOALLAFINE
9,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
damnnn Balzaretti retired. Shame, was a decent player, always liked him at Juve

·
MVP
8,980 Posts
Why Udinese man :wth: - they're not a dislikeable team. And always produce a fresh batch of prospects. Always entertaining.

·
Registered
23,824 Posts
Why Udinese man :wth: - they're not a dislikeable team. And always produce a fresh batch of prospects. Always entertaining.
You are not new to this forum. you should know that Alex only post based on Italian pure-bred player perspective.

·
Administrator
52,111 Posts
Apparently this is supposed to be the new average ages per squad for the season. Main focus is us for getting alot younger (was like near 30 before), drastic change. But Inter at 24 average age is even more suprising for me?

·
Banned
9,221 Posts
Pointless article.

The average age of the entire squad is largely irrelevant. The relevant number is the average age of the starting 11.

·
Administrator
52,111 Posts
Why? Unless you are filling your squad with primavera players that rarely play, its relevant, it means its a squad you can use for many years to come, atleast the rotational players you use often. Dont need to think of rejuvenating it for a long while. That is ofcourse if they are good enough to begin with.

·
Banned
9,221 Posts
Lol did you seriously just ask "why" to that?

I guess that 25 average age of rube means to you that your squad quality is secured for many seasons to come :drunk:

·
Administrator
52,111 Posts
It was too much to ask to get a normal response? Yes having new attack force that are young, and bringing two excellent defenders who are 21 and 24 means we will have players who will start for many years to come. Dont have to worry about renewing the team as much, as I was past recent years, when most key players were over or close on 30. Its very necessary and vital process to go throw to remain steady as a top team.

·
Registered
45,352 Posts
It's indeed funny that Torino are among the oldest when they have just bought a bunch of player of the under 21 national team and will likely start them over the old farts they have in the roster. Sampdoria are younger instead but that happens thanks to the lack of reserve players which forces us to rely on youth team players (for now! Hopefully more players will join before the end of the transfer campaign)

·
Administrator
52,111 Posts
Good points, mentionned the relying on youth team bit in earlier post.

That reminds me, can you post whats Sampdoria's most likely lineup will be for the season? Wouldnt mind if others posted the same for their teams, will be interesting to see who's teams changed the most (Milano teams for one).

·
Registered
58,949 Posts

·
Registered
8,350 Posts
Pretty boring first half. Toni looking as hungry as ever but the service to him aren't top notch. Dzeko has looked lively but he hasn't got the plays he need either.

1 - 20 of 1988 Posts