Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
7,759 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So before season starts or week 1, how do u rank teams on paper going ?

1 - Juventus . Even With Allegri, I dont see Juve going from 102 point season to anything below 80. Just not possible. Thats why I got them on top.
2 - Roma
3 - Inter
4 - Milan
5 - Napoli
6 - Fiorentina

·
Registered
16,825 Posts
Losing Benatia is heavy for Roma imo. It could force them to drop a few points here and there.

Milan 4th, ahead of Napoli is just impossible. Milan should focus on keeping pace with Fiorentina imo.

·
Registered
17,495 Posts
1. Roma
2. Juventus
3. Napoli
4. Inter
5. Fiorentina
6. Milan

Not sure why Napoli is getting downgraded this much, they haven't sold any key players and it's the same squad which placed 3rd last season. I don't see any other rival Serie A team for third doing better than them.

·
Registered
3,474 Posts
So before season starts or week 1, how do u rank teams on paper going ?

1 - Juventus . Even With Allegri, I dont see Juve going from 102 point season to anything below 80. Just not possible. Thats why I got them on top.
2 - Roma
3 - Inter
4 - Milan
5 - Napoli
6 - Fiorentina
Agree for first 3. I think inter will have a competitive squad. Stronger in defence for sure. Then either Milan or Napoli 4/5 based on recent signings and I haven't seen enough of Fiorentina to make a decision. Gomez and Rossi need to stay healthy. Cuadrado will be clutch for them.

I really hope this is our top 6.

·
Registered
259 Posts
1. Juve - They're eventually not going to win, but they still probably have enough this year.
2. Inter - I have a feeling this is a bounce back year for them.
3. Roma - I liked the signings, but Benatia is gone, Totti is a year older, and they'll have CL to distract them.
4. Napoli - They will score goals, but they didn't address their biggest problem, the backline. Also, their goalkeeping situation is much worse.
5. Fiorentina - I'd love to place them higher, but I'm not sure they can stay healthy up front.
6. Lazio - They had a decent mercato.
7. Milan - Good job of cleaning out the squad, but replaced old players with other old players in many cases.

·
Banned
9,221 Posts
As it stands right now, with 3 days to go in the mercato.

1. Rube
2. Roma
3. Napoli
4. Inter
5. Fiorentina
6. Milan/Lazio/Parma

Obviously there is no other realistic winner than Rube, the difference in squad quality to the rest of the league is so massive its not even funny.

Roma should still be comfortable second.

As it stands right now Napoli are still favs for 3rd place. Inter will need a key offensive signing in the last of the mercato (not biabiany :palm:) as well as Kovacic and Icardi to progess further, then it could be a tight race for 3rd place. Benitez might also self-destruct, its in his nature, missing out on CL football football probably hasnt improved his popularity with neither team or management.

As for the rest. Fiorentina have a couple of real difference makers in Rossi, Cuadrado, but most of their team is not that great tbh. I still believe they will finish above Milan, due to Milan really not having anyone who makes a real difference along with Inzaghi being completely inexperienced. Teams like Lazio and Parma might even finish above Milan, it all depends on Inzaghi.

·
Registered
12,131 Posts
Juve, Roma, Milan, Napoli, Fiorentina, Udinese, Inter, Genoa

Same as my best guess after Round 1 except now I have Udine at 6 ahead of Inter and Genoa.

Strama started well with Inter too though. I think it'll be close between Juve and Roma. Both will end up with around 95 points.

·
Registered
45,352 Posts
For the first time since CDM lost his bet against me I'm sure Sampdoria will finish above Genoa. Not that it has not happened in the meanwhile but those were 50/50 situations at best. Now we are again the better team and Genoa aren't even close. That unless the new chairman decides to ruin everything with something very dumb.

·
Registered
12,131 Posts
If I am to add two more teams, I'd put Samp at 9 and Lazio at 10. But Samp may very well finish ahead of Genoa or even Udine. Out of the "smaller clubs," I rate Udinese, Samp and Genoa the highest.

Why isn't Genoa "even close" though? They seem like a decent team too.

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
Gabbiandini is class

Milan to finnish ahead of Napoli Fiorentina and Parma this year.

Roma
Juve
Inter
Milan
Napoli
Fiorentina
Parma
Sampdoria
Udinese

·
Registered
45,352 Posts
If I am to add two more teams, I'd put Samp at 9 and Lazio at 10. But Samp may very well finish ahead of Genoa or even Udine. Out of the "smaller clubs," I rate Udinese, Samp and Genoa the highest.

Why isn't Genoa "even close" though? They seem like a decent team too.
because they have changed most of their team for the nth time, while Sampdoria have kept pretty much everyone and strengthened the team (right now Silvestre > Mustafi IMO).
We might lose the derby in the weekend and my opinion would not change.

·
Registered
7,759 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Top two: Juve - Roma

3rd place battle: Inter - Milan

Fiorentina, Napoli are both struggling.Still early in the season, and things change quickly.
Fiorentina , dont see them improving cause their main problem is injuries with gomez/rossi

Napoli, might improve..if they fire benitez..and fight for 3rd place.

·
Registered
19,782 Posts
For the first time since CDM lost his bet against me I'm sure Sampdoria will finish above Genoa. Not that it has not happened in the meanwhile but those were 50/50 situations at best. Now we are again the better team and Genoa aren't even close. That unless the new chairman decides to ruin everything with something very dumb.

·
Registered
45,352 Posts
Wow, you are the one who always talks about other people having an obsession about you, aren't you? lol, now it's everything clear! You know very well what you talk about! :D

BTW, I also wrote

That unless the new chairman decides to ruin everything with something very dumb.
Replacing Gabbiadini with two half players such as a 40 yo Eto'o and fat Muriel wasn't exactly wise and the latest results clearly tell it.

·
FINOALLAFINE
9,248 Posts
1. Roma
2. Juventus

3. Napoli
4. Inter
5. Fiorentina
6. Milan

Not sure why Napoli is getting downgraded this much, they haven't sold any key players and it's the same squad which placed 3rd last season. I don't see any other rival Serie A team for third doing better than them.
:eekani::eekani::eekani:

·
Registered
259 Posts
1. Juve - They're eventually not going to win, but they still probably have enough this year.
2. Inter - I have a feeling this is a bounce back year for them.
3. Roma - I liked the signings, but Benatia is gone, Totti is a year older, and they'll have CL to distract them.
4. Napoli - They will score goals, but they didn't address their biggest problem, the backline. Also, their goalkeeping situation is much worse.
5. Fiorentina - I'd love to place them higher, but I'm not sure they can stay healthy up front.
6. Lazio - They had a decent mercato.
7. Milan - Good job of cleaning out the squad, but replaced old players with other old players in many cases.
So I was right that Milan wouldn't make it back to Europe. I was right about Napoli and Fiorentina (switching 4/5). I underestimated Lazio, and I way over estimated Inter.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts