Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
8,506 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While i am shocked Slagathor has not started one for him yet:pp however at AZ we have our own gold medal champion after he helped Argentina to win gold i am so :proud:eek:f him.

He become the best keeper in Holland this season.How do you guys rate him.

·
Registered
8,506 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
He'll be the Eredivisie's best keeper this season unless Van Gaal is too stubborn and fields Didulica because of his silly overvaluing of pre-season training sessions.

I posted an interview with Romero earlier this summer btw:
http://www.xtratime.org/forum/showpost.php?p=6500780&postcount=7
I know but he needs a offcial thread mate.I do think Romero will start this season as our keeper.Has Van Gaal said anything saying he start Didulca instead.

·
Registered
7,004 Posts
Not specifically, but Van Gaal did say that the Olympians would stand a smaller chance of getting into the starting line-up because they would miss a "crucial part of the preparations"

Like I said, Van Gaal hopelessly overestimates the importance of friendlies and pre-season training sessions.

·
Registered
8,506 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Romero has been brilliant so far.Has he been the best keeper in Holland so far.

·
Registered
7,004 Posts
Totally missed one corner and had a communication malfunction with Moisander. Pulled off some good saves though. Kept a clean sheet too; can't argue with that :D

·
Registered
7,004 Posts
AZ.nl said:
ROMERO EXTENDS DEAL

ALKMAAR - AZ have offered Sergio Romero (21) a new contract until 2013. The Olympic champion had a deal until 2012. Romero has been with AZ since the 2007/2008 season, before that he played for Racing Club in his home country Argentina.

"It's an honor to play for this club", the goalie stated, "I'm happy with my new deal, but for now I'd rather focus on the upcoming match against Heracles."

Manager Marcel Brands is happy with the new deal: "Romero has grown immensely fast in the past 1.5 years. Sergio adapted to the country in what might very well be record time. When it was clear he had firmly positioned himself on top in our keeper's hierarchy, we thought it time to offer him a new and improved contract."

This Saturday, Romero has the chance to set a record. AZ kept a clean sheet in the past five home games. If that is repeated this weekend against Heracles, the standing record of five games will be broken.

:happy: Great news :thumbsup:

·
Registered
7,004 Posts
This is the fans' response to the news :D

http://www.sergioromero.net/

AD Sportwereld also had an article about Romero's new contract and it features this awesome quote by Sergio:

",,When I join the Argentinian national team, I don't even have to explain where I play anymore. All these guys play for huge European clubs. I play for 'just' AZ, but now that we're topping the league, we're gaining respect. When we recently came together for the game against Scotland, Javier Zanetti (128 games for Argentina, plays for Inter Milan, ed.) came up to me and said: "How could you draw against Vitesse?" People are keeping track of me now, including Maradona."
Zanetti :D

·
Registered
8,506 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

·
Registered
8,506 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Made some good saves vs Feyenoord.I am so happy with him a brilliant keeper.Can he be our Argentina number one in the next world cup.

·
Registered
7,004 Posts
Diego seems fond of him. But let's hope he doesn't shine too brilliantly too soon or he'll be gone :frownani:

Then we'll have to field youngster Deckers. Not that I don't think he has great potential, but I prefer Sergio for now.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts