Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
38,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Wow.

I knew these two guys were awesome but it's amazing at how quickly they have adapted to each other. They look quite simply brilliant at the heart of the Real Madrid defense.

When Woodgate and Ramos start together (all competitions);

Played 9
Clean sheets: 6
Won 7
Drawn 1
Lost 1
Goals conceded: 5

:star:

·
Registered
14,528 Posts
Yeah they are perfect when playing together.

Ramos is fast, can tackle and also head when needed.

Woodgate is very strong physically and you don't see him lose a header in the CD.

Ramos is still VERY VERY young for a footballer and mostly for a CD, while Woodgate isn't old either but if his injuries leave him alone, we can have this class partnership for 6-7 years, and then offcourse someone else to partner Ramos who still has 15 more seasons to go :pp

·
Registered
62,100 Posts
Let's not get our hopes up.

We all know Woodgate's going to get injured within the next couple of weeks.

·
poco loco
3,657 Posts
FigoIsGod said:
Let's not get our hopes up.

We all know Woodgate's going to get injured within the next couple of weeks.
funny, but i have the feeling that Woody is stabilizing his body more and more and with the performances shown this season, i am absolutely satisifed!
hope he'll stay healthy.... :thumbsup:

·
Registered
6,471 Posts
woodgate seems to be a good player, but there is always a FRAGILE sign above his head which is a scary thing, seeing him playing i always expect that there is a chance that he will calapse than finishing the 90 mins....

we need a WC defender to come in the summer even if woody stays fit, cause we cant trust helguera or pavon anymore...

·
Registered
7,221 Posts
micho007 said:
woodgate seems to be a good player, but there is always a FRAGILE sign above his head which is a scary thing, seeing him playing i always expect that there is a chance that he will calapse than finishing the 90 mins....

we need a WC defender to come in the summer even if woody stays fit, cause we cant trust helguera or pavon anymore...
I read in an interview that he was working very hard to get his muscles flexible, even after training. Thing is that if Woodgate needs a rest we always have Mejia.

·
Registered
12,718 Posts
I keep forgetting how young Ramos is, to be such a player at 19 and playing at such a massive and pressure ridden club is truly amazing. He's going to be a rock in our defence for the next 15 years :proud:

·
Third Place winner, October 2012 XT Photo Contest
20,440 Posts
Hala Madrid said:
I keep forgetting how young Ramos is, to be such a player at 19 and playing at such a massive and pressure ridden club is truly amazing. He's going to be a rock in our defence for the next 15 years :proud:
:thumbsup: :star: :proud:

·
Registered
6,035 Posts
Hmm ... Ram N' Wood ...

Hala Madrid said:
Indeed. :thumbsup:

Thus far, they have displayed what has been undetectable for a long while now: stability, and (as a supporter) the lessening of discomforting apprehensions; i.e. a stale Helguera and a futile Pavon.

All in all, both are simply exceptional. :)

·
Registered
62,100 Posts
Pavon's better than Helguera.

·
Registered
2,636 Posts
This partnership is very intriguing to say the least. Ramos is, of course, the darling of Madrid. In Ramos, many of the fans see a reincarnation of Hierro and almost certainly the future captain of Real Madrid. Ramos is a lock.

Most of the intrigue surrounds Woodgate. The most agonizing thing about his injuries is that, in the short time that he has been on the pitch, he has shown enough brilliance to tease the fans of what might come should he become regularly fit. The man obviously has skills but how long will it be before fans do not hold their breath with every tackle he makes?

But for whatever it's worth, when Woody is on the pitch, I like what I see. Barring his horrendous start, he's physically strong, an absolute bulldog on his mark and, most important, he has a nose for the ball and cuts the opposing buildup calmly and efficiently, with none of the skittishness that we expect from the likes of Helguera and Pavon.

·
Registered
62,100 Posts
El Mariachi said:
And what about Mejía? ... :D
Better than both of them, but that's not saying much.

Helguera is just downright attrocious. :sigh:

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Ramos has impressed me alot, with his defence aswell as getting in and scoring which is a bonus. I have seen him make some mistakes but ofcourse you have to remember that he is only 19 years old, and i think he will continue improving his game for a while yet.

·
Registered
38,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
brasileiro said:
Woodgate maybe be playing well right now. But Please Perez, buy a World Class CB to play next to Ramos next season.
The good thing about this is that Woodgate now has four months to prove his fitness and ability. If he plays at this level for the rest of the season without getting injured, he deserves to start again next season, no doubt.

·
Registered
3,383 Posts
L-Pheno said:
The good thing about this is that Woodgate now has four months to prove his fitness and ability. If he plays at this level for the rest of the season getting injured, he deserves to start again next season, no doubt.
Unlikely, but let's hope he can do it.

1 - 20 of 70 Posts