Xtratime Community banner

Sergio Canales

4K views 45 replies 28 participants last post by  Culéd 
#1 ·
Racing's young midfield wizard, the next great Spanish midfielder?

Superb first touch, vision, passing, technique, has everything required to dictate any midfield.

Canales vs. Espanyol

:cool:

#2 ·
Beat me to it. He's got all the tools to be fantastic, he was awesome against Espanyol. I would like him to renew with Racing, but i'm sure he's being tracked by some another good clubs. I'd say somewhere like Sevilla would also be a great club for him, as they respect and give young players the time required to adapt, also they need a player of his craft in the middle.

Bright future, definitely.

#3 ·
He should stay with Racing for atleast 2 seasons. Marcano was awesome there last season and now he's nothing special in Villarreal because he moved so quickly.

Anyways, Canales has always been a great player in the youth teams of Spain, think we could compare him most to Iniesta in the style

#5 ·
I knew someone would start a thread about him after he scored these two goals aginst Espanyol but to be fair, Espanyol are one of Primera Divisións worst teams at the moment. Great to see Canales getting some recognition after being part of Racing's first team for over a year now. He's come through Spain's various youth NT's and part of the U17's who won the Euro's back in 2007 with Juan Santisteban as their coach, his last tournament where he praised the 1991-generation for being one of the most talented he's had during his 21 year stint as coach for various youth NT's. Sergio didn't play much back then but you could still see some of his abilities. I remember when he made his debut for Racing last year in the UEFA Cup but this year will probably mean that he'll get a proper breakthrough as Racing aren't as strong as earlier years. I've got to say though, he should definitely stay at Racing for a couple of years before moving anywhere because it's a good place to develop as a player and most importantly, he'll get the needed playing time and tutoring.

#8 ·
Un gol ante el Sevilla. I reckon Monchi will be trying to sign him right after the game now :nono:

#9 ·
Ok, two goals by Sergio. Good to see, Monchi, stay away from him! ;)

#11 ·
Well, It's actually been reported BEFORE that Fernando has talked with Canales and given him a contract so there are not just wishful thinking here :D

Even though I prefer Isco :stuckup:

#14 ·
Scored his fifth right now for Racing against Pucela.

#18 ·
Canales is an attacking mid. Like a David Silva. He's not a CM like the guys you mentioned.

#20 ·
Mmmm...eeee...mmmm...im rarely amazed of peoples stupidity to an extent of insulting them but Overclass are you a Retard ? I mean a real one, certified with papers and all ??

Or are you just blind in not seeing the thread in the future stars section ? They even got a big ass one in the Real fourm...

So whats the deal ? A blind person or a retard ?

#23 ·
I watched him play against Sevilla, and although it sounds strange, besides for those two fantastic finishes, I thought he was quite poor.

To be fair to him though, this was the first full game I've watched him play and when you score two lovely goals, it's hard to complain.

#25 ·
Has anyone actually seen every game he's played? Everyone's seen those goals (which show great nerve and ability) and some have seen a match or two, but that's hardly enough to pass judgment on how good he is or (especially) can be.

And yet, some people are talking about him like they've watched him grow from his mamma's arms into this sudden media blitz...

#26 ·
Yeah, good point. Seen him in 3-4 games. And even if I wouldnt say poor, besides the highlight goals, I seen more nice things from him in games he was subbed in and had showed good capabilities and brought needed impact (game against Real for example), then I saw in overall in the Sevilla game (besides the great decisive goals).

#27 ·
Exactly, he is so damn calm, and defenitely shown really nice technique and vision, so he is quite obviously quite a talent, despite this hype train being started too quickly. The kind of qualities he has, even if shown in quite few games, is there to be seen. Besides the cheeky and great goals. Who ARE a also clear showcasing of his talents. And just "goals".

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.