Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
6,487 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Racing's young midfield wizard, the next great Spanish midfielder?

Superb first touch, vision, passing, technique, has everything required to dictate any midfield.

Canales vs. Espanyol

:cool:

·
Registered
10,281 Posts
Beat me to it. He's got all the tools to be fantastic, he was awesome against Espanyol. I would like him to renew with Racing, but i'm sure he's being tracked by some another good clubs. I'd say somewhere like Sevilla would also be a great club for him, as they respect and give young players the time required to adapt, also they need a player of his craft in the middle.

Bright future, definitely.

·
Registered
16,538 Posts
He should stay with Racing for atleast 2 seasons. Marcano was awesome there last season and now he's nothing special in Villarreal because he moved so quickly.

Anyways, Canales has always been a great player in the youth teams of Spain, think we could compare him most to Iniesta in the style

·
Registered
44,343 Posts
I knew someone would start a thread about him after he scored these two goals aginst Espanyol but to be fair, Espanyol are one of Primera Divisións worst teams at the moment. Great to see Canales getting some recognition after being part of Racing's first team for over a year now. He's come through Spain's various youth NT's and part of the U17's who won the Euro's back in 2007 with Juan Santisteban as their coach, his last tournament where he praised the 1991-generation for being one of the most talented he's had during his 21 year stint as coach for various youth NT's. Sergio didn't play much back then but you could still see some of his abilities. I remember when he made his debut for Racing last year in the UEFA Cup but this year will probably mean that he'll get a proper breakthrough as Racing aren't as strong as earlier years. I've got to say though, he should definitely stay at Racing for a couple of years before moving anywhere because it's a good place to develop as a player and most importantly, he'll get the needed playing time and tutoring.

·
Registered
6,583 Posts
I don't know when Lendoiro made the deal, but I learnt the last week that Canales in owned 50%/50% between Racing and Deportivo La Coruna. I will try to investigate this mistery...

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
Yeah, read something like that on airfutbol.com.

If I understood correctly, Depor thinks they have this option for the future too while Racing is sure it only counts for this season/until next summer.

·
Registered
44,343 Posts
Un gol ante el Sevilla. I reckon Monchi will be trying to sign him right after the game now :nono:

·
Registered
44,343 Posts
Ok, two goals by Sergio. Good to see, Monchi, stay away from him! ;)

·
Registered
12,718 Posts
How many posts in XT is there about Canales today? :D Real Madrid, Valencia and im sure Barca forums are talking about stealing him from Racing.

But yeah, definitely an exciting player. Those two finishes today were class.

·
Registered
16,538 Posts
Well, It's actually been reported BEFORE that Fernando has talked with Canales and given him a contract so there are not just wishful thinking here :D

Even though I prefer Isco :stuckup:

·
Registered
4,423 Posts
Canales, amazing again today. If this guy isn't signed by a big club after the summer(or perhaps even now), I'll be very surprised

·
Registered
44,343 Posts
Scored his fifth right now for Racing against Pucela.

·
Registered
8,869 Posts
sergio canales - another spainish mega talent?

xabi, alonso, cesc, iniesta

incredible midfield generation indeed

can canales pair with them?

·
Registered
62,100 Posts
Canales is an attacking mid. Like a David Silva. He's not a CM like the guys you mentioned.

·
Registered
9,491 Posts
Mmmm...eeee...mmmm...im rarely amazed of peoples stupidity to an extent of insulting them but Overclass are you a Retard ? I mean a real one, certified with papers and all ??

Or are you just blind in not seeing the thread in the future stars section ? They even got a big ass one in the Real fourm...

So whats the deal ? A blind person or a retard ?

1 - 20 of 46 Posts