Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
First Place winner, March 2009 Photo Contest
2,968 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's me again with a question to a dutch player :D .
Your country seems to be the main target for our scouts. Yesterday, our coach Doll and sports manager Beiersdorfer watched the match between Waalwijk and Roda, they were looking after Serginho Greene. All i know is that he is a defender, but what kind of defender ? Our main target should be a left back, i read that Greene is left footed. Is this guy any good ?

·
Registered
23,835 Posts
Serginho is rightfooted and also been tracked at the moment by AZ and Feyenoord for the rightbackposition that is. Although with RKC he has played in a lot of positions, not as much as Boulie though, cause the latter also played in the attack. Greene only the three positions in defense. Like Boulie he's also an Ajax-product and perhaps thnx to the progress of Khalid he's rated a bit higher now than Boulie in the beginning of the season.

·
2,968 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So he's a right back, not a left back as i supposed..
Anyway, how do you rate him on this position ? Can he deliver good crosses from the right ? What about his speed and technical skills ?

·
Registered
59,136 Posts
Stay away from our target :fero: :D

I find him to be a pretty agressive player. Tight marker but he's one the better defenders in the Dutch league for sure. He's mainly played this season as a RCB cos of Bouhlarouz moving to your place, while Patrick van Dieman has usually played as a right back for RKC.

·
2,968 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
How much would be the transfer fee for him ? Any chances to get into your NT ?
And how is he in going forward ?

..many questions, i know ;) ..

·
Registered
59,136 Posts
Your Ricksen rejected Feyenoord amongst others if I remember correctly to go to Scotland so it probably depends on what career path Greene wants to follow.

Rothose said:
How much would be the transfer fee for him ?
10 to 15 million euros

Any chances to get into your NT ?
no chance

And how is he in going forward ?
rubbish

still want him? :fero:

·
Registered
23,835 Posts
Rothose, now you see that you should never trust a Feyenoorder. His fee should be around the same as Boulie.

·
Registered
59,136 Posts
for once we've actually won a transfer battle :eek: beating Rangers, HSV and most importantly v Gaal :yuck: :thmbup:

For the second day running an ex Ajacied has seen the light :shades: and Serginho Greene will be following in the footsteps of the great Evander Sno :star:
who will it be tomorrow? :shades:

http://www.feyenoord.nl/domains/feyenoord/pages/article_v2.asp?content=12790000010854_2_12770000000008

and it's official too so from the summer onwards, Greene will be a Feyenoorder for the next 4 years as long as he passes his medical which should be a formality :happy: doesn't say what the fee is though but apparantly it's 1 million euros

Anyways he's got more pace than Peter vd Berg so that's more encouraging for starters :D and with a player who can play as a RB or RCB we're well covered at the back now and have a realistic concurrent for both Ostlund and Saidi. Zuiverloon and Gyan I think will be loaned out next season hopefully to an eredivisie team like perhaps Sparta.

Good work from Wotte

·
Registered
40,652 Posts
Just read it, very excited! :)

He's a solid player who can indeed play as rightwingback but also as right central defender, so either backup to Saidi or in place of Ostlund IMO, I think he'll win from our Swede. Good job by Wotte!

·
Registered
7,919 Posts
I dont think it;s a good transfer. Dont ask me why its just the feeling I have about him. Hope Ill be wrong. BTW not weird that we 'won' this battle, we have a little something with RKC.

·
Registered
40,652 Posts
You never know, he might flop, but I think we're all hoping for him to become the next Boulahrouz. He's playing very well for RKC and is definately someone I'd like to see in our squad. Add Diba, Snoyl and Mendes and the future looks bright.

At least we'll have even more squaddepth next year, which is important, especially in the second phase of the league and in Europe.

·
Registered
7,919 Posts
:depress: my feeling disagrees. With those guys the future looks exactly like it is now, 3rd place or something. But yeah like you said one never knows.

·
Registered
40,652 Posts
Who would have thought Kromkamp, Mathijssen and co would become household names in such a short time. These guys are definately talented, all they need is a good stage to perform on and proper guidement. That last thing will be difficult, but at least Wally still believes in Ruud. :D

Keep hope alive sista! :cool:

·
Registered
10,421 Posts
I remember I named Greene as future Ajax and Oranje material in the past. I didn't get to many positive replies if I recall correctly. :lala: ;)

·
Registered
59,136 Posts
Drulo said:
Who would have thought Kromkamp, Mathijssen and co would become household names in such a short time. These guys are definately talented, all they need is a good stage to perform on and proper guidement. That last thing will be difficult, but at least Wally still believes in Ruud. :D
hey I got all the PSV CL results right so far so I believe I'll be right in this too :stuckup: :D

Feyenoord to thrash Ajax on Sunday cos they'll be thinking we're rubbish after last night. Basically a great strategic ploy from the master of strategy, Ruud Gullit :cool:

Prince-O said:
I remember I named Greene as future Ajax and Oranje material in the past. I didn't get to many positive replies if I recall correctly. :lala: ;)
but I think I may now have to agree with you now monte, now as the master of disaster has returned after his NEC, Ajax, Feyenoord, Denneboom, Lyon and God knows what else forecasts :moan:

·
First Place Winner, February 2013 XT Photo Contest
42,192 Posts
Greene: "Feyenoord is meer dan alleen K2"

Greene: "Feyenoord is meer dan alleen K2"
18 januari 2006

Door de komst van Ron Vlaar is Serginho Greene voorlopig de nieuwe rechtsback van Feyenoord. De 23-jarige verdediger stond in de eerste helft van het seizoen nog in het hart van de Rotterdamse defensie, maar heeft van trainer Erwin Koeman te horen gekregen dat hij voorlopig als rechtsback binnen de lijnen zal komen. "Het is weer even wennen, maar ik vind het geen probleem hoor", zegt de verdediger tegen FCUpdate.nl over zijn nieuwe rol.

Afgelopen weekend, in het duel met Vitesse, stond Greene voor het eerst dit seizoen aan de rechterkant van de Feyenoord-defensie. Toch is dit voor de geboren Amsterdammer een positie die hij goed kent, want in zijn periode bij RKC speelde Greene ook regelmatig als rechtsback. Op de vraag wat nu eigenlijk zijn favoriete positie is, moet Greene het antwoord schuldig blijven. "Vroeger stond ik liever in het centrum, maar nu maakt het me echt niet uit. Ik ben een verdediger, of ik nou centraal of op rechts sta maakt me echt niet uit."

Direct na de komst van Ron Vlaar heeft Greene een gesprek gehad met trainer Erwin Koeman, waarin de verdediger duidelijkheid heeft gekregen over zijn positie in het elftal. "De trainer heeft me uitgelegd dat ik nu meer als rechtsback ga spelen, of anders rechts in het centrum. Maar goed, dat had ik zelf ook al wel in gedachten. Toen Vlaar werd aangetrokken besefte ik zelf al dat dit een goede oplossing zou zijn."

Toch is het wel even wennen om ineens rechtsback te staan, moet Greene toegeven. "Het is een jaar geleden dat ik voor het laatst op rechts gestaan had. Ik moet daarom weer even mijn draai vinden en de automatismen vinden. De verdedigende acties zijn toch wat anders dan in het centrum en in balbezit is de situatie ook verschillend. Ik heb nu meer de mogelijkheid om mee naar voren te gaan. Het zijn allemaal geen grote verschillen, maar je moet het wel allemaal weer even onder de knie krijgen."

Over de samenwerking met Ron Vlaar is Greene in ieder geval positief. "Ik heb even met hem gesproken over hoe ik dingetjes zie en hoe hij dingen ziet. Ik ben in ieder geval al gezien dat hij een heel goede verdediger is. Hij heeft alles wat een goede verdediger moet hebben, dus ik ben blij dat we hem er bij hebben."

Tegen Vitesse slaagde Feyenoord er opnieuw in om de nul te houden, net zoals in de cruciale competitieduels met PSV en AZ. Dat is opvallend voor een ploeg waarvan gezegd wordt dat de grootste kwaliteiten in de aanval liggen, moet Greene toegeven. Volgens hem krijgen het middenveld en de defensie van Feyenoord iets te weinig krediet. "Mensen zeggen dat Feyenoord alleen om de K2 (Kalou en Kuyt, red.) draait, maar dat is natuurlijk niet zo. Wij houden regelmatig de nul in belangrijke wedstrijden, maar dat komt ook doordat ons middenveld veel ballen weghaalt. We doen het met z'n allen."

Hoewel Greene zelf een uitstekend seizoen doormaakt, wil hij nog niet denken aan een eventueel WK. De verdediger zat al een aantal keer in de voorselectie van bondscoach Van Basten en nu hij als rechtsback gaat spelen opent dat wellicht nieuwe perspectieven voor de 23-jarige Feyenoorder. "Zelf ben ik daar nog niet echt mee bezig", zegt hij echter. "Ik wil eerst wil helemaal mijn draai vinden en goed spelen als rechtsback. Daarna zie ik wel", blijft hij nuchter.

http://www.fcupdate.nl/news.php?newsID=9103

·
Registered
40,652 Posts
Andor said:
Greene in Oranje :stuckup:
:thumbsup:

Nice article, he seems to be a very modest guy who puts the team before his own interests. And he's right, this season our defence has transformed into a decent unit. With Ostlund and Pascal B on the wings we haven't exactly been rock solid yet, but Greene and Bahia sure have made a difference compared to last season. Now with Vlaar added to the list all that remains is to find a good left back and we'll have a defence to be proud of. :strong:

·
Registered
59,136 Posts
KrLe said:
Nice article, he seems to be a very modest guy who puts the team before his own interests.
yeah I like that. After his first couple of games for us when most people were pleasantly surprised by him and sort of hyping him up, he took it all with a pinch of salt and said that he actually felt that he had played better for RKC.

He doesn't seem to be a character who'll believe in all the hype or run the risk of getting brainwashed like Kalou. A stable guy, I like it :thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 35 Posts