Xtratime Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Midfield Enforcer
1,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What does everyone think of his latest demands? Granted he's perhaps quality enough to be the #1 keeper for many Serie A clubs & beyond, but he's refusing to re-negotiate his contract and demanding first-team consideration. I've never really cared for Sereni & would like to see him out at the closed season, but Peruzzi could be gone as well...

·
Midfield Enforcer
1,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Latest comments

Lazio goalkeeper Matteo Sereni has spoken of his desire to play more first team football at Stadio Olimpico.The former Ipswich custodian has struggled to oust veteran Angelo Peruzzi since his arrival in the capital but is now anxious to prove his worth.

Despite reiterating that he is content at Lazio, Sereni concedes he may have to seek pasture new in order to secure regular football.

''I have a really good relationship with Angelo but now I want to play,'' said Sereni.

''The team must know there is a strong and regular replacement.

''Now, I'm doing this but if the club aim to rely on Peruzzi, I'll have to leave.''

Meanwhile, Sereni has revealed that he will not consider the club's proposal to reduce his contract.

''Reduce my deal?'' he continued. ''I have a contract until 2007 and I want it to be honoured.

''I won't change my idea about that.''

·
Registered
13,059 Posts
Well, it's quite normal that Sereni wants to play more because at the moment Peruzzi isn't really better than him. We will probably keep one of them and personally I would prefer Sereni because Peruzzi gets injured way too often and if we don't have a goood replacement we will be in big trouble.

·
Midfield Enforcer
1,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
True, Peruzzi always seems injured & at 35 years he's certainly getting on. But it's not easy to write off all the huge performances he's had for Lazio, how many times has Peruzzi kept us in matches single-handedly? Sereni is of course younger, he just turned 30 which I guess is still fairly young for a GK.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts