Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
9,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just came up with a nice idea for a topic. Our golden generation was know for having great technical players and was therefore nicknamed European Brasil. When you look at NT's across the world you'll see a lot of Brazilians playing for other NT's. Mehmet aurelio for Turkey, Marcos Senna for spain etc etc
But it is in this aspect that we look a lot like Brasil to. I'd say we have the most players playing for other countries. So I thoughed Id make a list with players who play, or have been playing for other countries.

Netherlands
We've got Marko Vejinovic who's captain for the Dutch u19. And we've got Boban Lazic whos playing for the u17

Germany
One of the most hated players on this forum because he actually has great talent and chose for germany. Marko Marin

Denmark
Nikola Saric great talent playing for Liverpool.

Sweden
Majstorovic, Rade Prica

Ukraine
Marko Devic, a striker who hasnt been called up by Serbia and decided to pick Ukraine when Antic got interested in him

Austria
Marko Arnautovic*, I have a feeling we will regret him not picking Serbia because I believe he will be a good player.

Switserland
Philippe Senderos*, was a great talent a few years ago hasnt lived up to his potential.

Spain
Bojan Krkic* dont know if I should add him because he never seriously considered playing for Serbia

USA
Sasa Kljestan

Azerbeidjan
Branimir Subasic

Australia
Im hoping some one can help me with Australia. I know there have been Serbs playing for Australia but cant remember them now.

Bosnia
Several Serbs are playing for Bosnia but the most well known is Zvjezdan Misimovic, a guy who actually played for our youth NT but chose Bosnia because of a fight with Pizon.

Croatia
Again a country with Several Serbs just like other Yugoslav teams. Most known would be Dado Prso

SLovenia
Traditionally there have been much "foreigners" in Slovenians NT. A lot of Serbs and Bosnians. Milenko Acimovic for example. Dont know a lot about the current NT so if anyone can add some players.

*These players are half Serb

If I left out some players please add them to the list

·
♣ ♠ ♣ ♠ ♣ ♠ &#
4,315 Posts
It's the other way around. Brazilians are American Serbs dude

·
Registered
40,652 Posts
Slovenia: Dalibor Stevanovic (half Serb), Aleksandar Radosavljevic, Bojan Jokic, Branko Ilic, Milivoje Novakovic and probably some more. In the past they had guys like Marko Simeunovic, Darko Milanic, Bosko Boskovic, Zoran Pavlovic etc

FYROM: Dusan Savic, Sasa Ciric, Ljubodrag Milosevic, Miroslav Djokic, Stevica Ristic, Vujadin Stanojkovic

Croatia: Darijo Srna (half Serb), Miladin 'Dado' Prso, Milan Rapaic, Bosko Balaban among others.

Bosnia: Vladan Grujic, Branimir Bajic, Darko Maletic, Nemanja Supic, Ninoslav Milinkovic

Bulgaria: Predrag Pazin, Zoran Jankovic

Austria: Aleksandar Dragovic (could become a big player)

Belgium: Gordan Vidovic

Canada: Dejan Jakovic

Australia: Milan Ivanovic

Cyprus: Sinisa Gogic

USA: Predrag 'Preki' Radosavljevic

It's Nikola Saric for Denmark btw. And I also remember us having some Maltese internationals, just forgot their names.

·
Registered
9,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The list grows impresivly:D

·
Registered
40,652 Posts
I guess a guy like Miodrag Belodedic could also be on the list, as he's an ethnic Serb who represented Romania.

BTW, I should add that IMO there is a distinction between a guy like Belodedic, who was born and raised in Romania and guys like Vidovic and Preki who adopted a nationality after playing there for a couple of years.

Still, if you list all the countries in a row, it's pretty weird to see how many nations have been represented by Serbs.

·
Vladika
673 Posts
None of them have really been stars tho have they? Minus maybe Belodedic......won two champions league and a great 94 World Cup

·
Registered
40,652 Posts
True Njegos, but I fear it'll be different with this upcoming generation. Guys like Marin, Arnautovic, Krkic, Dragovic, Mitrovic, Saric etc might turn into class players.

Same goes for some of the Montenegrins our FA (led by Terzic) at the time didn't go after.

PS Adnan, yeah, his dad is Muslim, mom is Serbian, you see where he got the talent. :D

·
Registered
44,361 Posts
Aleksandar Đurić is 39 years old and plays for Singapore's NT, born in BiH and he's competed for them in the 1992 Summer Olympics, canoeing was his sport. Scored almost 150 goals in three seasons (126 games) for Geylang United and 157 for Singapore Armed Forces in 129 games. I've actually seen him play 3-4 times, big, strong target-man, takes out these Asian midgets without any problems :D

·
Lord of the Basement
15,331 Posts
It's a known fact that when Portugal was colonizing Brazil they used Serbs to fill up the towns.

·
Registered
1,884 Posts
we should have Marin, Arnautovic, Krkic playing for serbia top players and serbia's biggest loss

as for the rest they only chose other countries because they were impatient and at the time there spot were filled

no matter moji srbi will continue to produce talent we will see another Marin, Arnautovic, Krkic who will play for serbia ( i am more disappointed with marin then the other 2 )

i for one am extremely excited with the players coming through the ranks we are by far the most talent balkan country

i encourage all serbian men to have as much sex and produce babies as they can (i am doing my part)who knows a serbian maradonna could be on his way

ZIVELA SRBIJA

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
we should have Marin, Arnautovic, Krkic playing for serbia top players and serbia's biggest loss

as for the rest they only chose other countries because they were impatient and at the time there spot were filled

no matter moji srbi will continue to produce talent we will see another Marin, Arnautovic, Krkic who will play for serbia ( i am more disappointed with marin then the other 2 )

i for one am extremely excited with the players coming through the ranks we are by far the most talent balkan country

i encourage all serbian men to have as much sex and produce babies as they can (i am doing my part)who knows a serbian maradonna could be on his way

ZIVELA SRBIJA
:howler::thumbsup:

·
Zeko lopove...
7,464 Posts

ZIVELA SRBIJA
:howler::thumbsup:

·
Registered
9,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Sestro da bi rodila trebaju ti muda:D

·
Zeko lopove...
7,464 Posts
Dusan Djuric of FC Zurich, Sweden.
Aleksandar Dragović of Austria Wien, Austria.

·
Lord of the Basement
15,331 Posts
As Ljuba would say, Srbijo jebi se :D

·
Vladika
673 Posts
Could you imagine if Italy used their diaspora to the same extent as other nations?

Enzo Scifo
Michel Platini
Diego Maradona
Alfredo Di Stefano
Lionel Messi
Esteban Cambiasso
Javier Mascherano
Diego Milito
Javier Zanetti
Hernan Crespo

+ many more

Whats amazing is that the Italian National teams have nearly always been majority "Northerners" whilst the Diaspora is pretty much all players whose heritage lies in the south.

·
Registered
7,838 Posts
Maradona could've played for Yuga as well :) His granny is from Dalmatia.

As for Cro players you missed Vukojević from important ones and for Slovenia Dedič.

Rukavina and Kralj are only with Cro roots that played for you i suppose? Nađ is also Hungarian if i'm not wrong..

1 - 20 of 29 Posts