Xtratime Community banner

34441 - 34455 of 34455 Posts

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
BVB are the second biggest club in Germany and have significantly more in terms of revenues than Ajax does. I doubt you can even remotely put them in the same bucket. They've had a couple of down years by finishing second and third in the German league (as if that's a down season), but they're still consistent CL contenders. What Ajax has done this season is much more of an accomplishment than what BVB does next year. For example, BVB bought Schurrle for 30 million 3 seasons ago. That's the type of signing that Ajax could never make. Their "splash" was Tadic who was half that.

The only parallel is that Dortmund as Ajax like developing younger players in their first team, however it's mostly young talent that has been bought, not developed within BVB (e.g. Sancho, Akanji, Weigl, Zagadou, Diallo, Gurreiro, Dahoud, Phillip are all purchases)... the only real academy products are Gotze, Schmelzer, Larsen and Pulisic.

In regards to SMS, agreed. We need to him keep improving after a bit of a let down of a season, which given the transfer talk and the World Cup does make sense. I think he was a bit lucky to win the Serie A midfielder of the year award; feels like someone wanted him to win that to increase his transfer value.

As far as Frankfurt are concerned, I'm also of the same opinion. It's a shame everything fell apart. Really thought they would beat Chelsea given how the second leg was looking and after Jovic made his penalty I honestly thought they would win. I was really surprised the two next PK takers missed. I think that's when the team 'lost' the season and their subsequent results illustrated it. Seems like Kostic will stay at Frankfurt though after he signed a 3 year permanent transfer moving him away from Hamburg for 6.5 million euros I believe. He was on loan this season.

I think Gacinovic should also stay as he'll be a first team regular in a top German side next season. If Haller and Rebic stay they'll also have good goalscorers to pick up Jovic's void. The reason I say this is because they're guaranteed starters in the Bundesliga. Keep playing and find consistency before making the step up to a better side. At the same time, the market values of these players will never be higher, so I wonder if Frankfurt will decide to cash in.

I didn't mean literally the same as Ajax. I meant how they also have an excellent youth program like Ajax does. Most of their top talents are home grown (or developed) and like Ajax, they sell them for 10x the value that they originally paid (Ajax also "steals" a lot of talents around Eredivisie). They pick up a lot of young talents in their league on the cheap like Brandt this summer and will most likely sell him for 80+ million when all is said and done.
This is where we majorly differ. I would never call Dortmund a contender. They've been pretenders if anything. They massively underperform in the knockout stages. I think they finally have a good enough team to make a run like Ajax did this year
Sure, Ajax doesn't have the money like Dortmund but they have a similar system in terms of development and business structure.
Last but most importantly, Ajax has a richer history. Ajax has won 4 "CL's" in their history while Dortmund has only won the major title once. While the latter club has more prestige nowadays, that wasn't always the case. It does seem like Ajax is making the right moves to stick around longer this time. However, you can never compare a Dutch club vs a German club due to the monetary disparity of how their respective leagues are funded. It's like comparing platinum to silver.

Kostic had a buy-out clause. They were always going to exercise the clause considering how well Kostic has been. Saying this, I'm not 100% certain as I don't know the rules of Bundesliga, but I do believe they can sign him to a long-term contract and sell him in the same window if he is being bought out from a loan.
Luka Jovic just signed a multi year contract and is currently being shopped. So, it should definitely be possible.

I don't think it was luck at all. Claudio Lotito is directly involved with the football mafia. This guy moves large sums of money and has been involved in many scandals. I have no doubt he's
Saying this, I think SMS still had a great season and was their most pivotal player. Sadly, he was screwed over last summer of a good transfer to a top club because Lotito and Kezman are greedy little f*ckers. This was part of SMS' depression when the season started. In his head, he was already in Spain eating paella. However, just seeing his intensity these last few games, there seems to be a fire that his been lit under him. He has the same intensity that he had last season. I think he realizes that in order to play for a club like Real or Barca one day, he needs to bust his a$$ and be more consistent. I think this year was the best thing that's happened to him in his career and if he can see that as a positive sign of further motivation and improvement, he can become one of the best midfielders in the world. He has a level of calm and vision that very few players have. Add to that his versatile goal scoring threat and he can be very valuable to the NT for years to come. Guy doesn't rely on speed and as he ages, we can just push him further up the pitch in a more offensive role where he thrives anyways. Expect another 8 years out of him in his career at the highest level.

Unless Rebic forces his way out or Kovac comes knocking on his door, he's not going anywhere. Too valuable to the club considering they only get 50% from his transfer and the other half goes to Fiorentina who always does brilliant business. There's a good chance Haller stays only because he knows as well that he can take his game one extra level. Paciência is also another good option for Eintracht. Yeah, he missed a penalty. Big deal. He's been immense in the second half of the season. As long as they can keep guys like Kostic, Da Costa and Hinteregger, they'll be fine with selling Jovic. They need more depth anyways which is what they said they will do with Jovic's transfer money. They should be pretty hungry to over-perform again next season. Again, I like the idea of most of our guys staying at their current clubs where they are getting 90 min per game because next summer we have the Euros. We need players to be in good shape but also have that confidence and belief. One big reason why I think Tadic and Kostic should stay at Ajax and Eintracht, respectively. I would also like to see Grujic loaned out to Hertha for one more season and Maksimovic back at Valencia playing in the CL. SMS will be a big X factor because we all know how C. Ronaldo is with low effort players like SMS. If SMS doesn't start playing well right away, C. Ronaldo will start crying about needing to bench him (all this assuming SMS is off to Juve).

Also want to mention that it seems like Valencia want to buy back Maksimovic due to his buy-back clause in his contract with Getafe. However, according to the media, they seem to be shopping both him and Racic.
I doubt they'll make a move regarding Racic until after the U21 tournament. One thing working against them is the transfer sanctions regarding

Overall, I can't really fault any player this season. Many have in fact excelled and risen above their original potential like Dmitrovic or Kostic. Jovic has blossomed into Europes best young striker. SMS is on his way again. Milenkovic has proven that he can be a top defender one day liken to Vidic or Bane.
Tadic has exceeded all expectations and has been a top 5 player in Europe this season. If Ajax won the CL, I have no doubt he would have finished first or second in Ballon D'or depending on the Messi treatment.

We have a star level player at every position from GK to MF to S. I really hope Krstajic smartens up and takes his job seriously going forward. It's not often Serbia produces a team like this. He should find motivation in proving his biggest critics wrong. If I was him, I'd be studying football day and night.

·
Registered
3,374 Posts
Frankfurt has been awful in BL for the whole two months not just last game. Jović is definetelly proven himself like a superb talent but his games in BL should be better. The Europe matches were those who keep his price tag and positionig him at the top level strikers in Europe. He was really massive for his club in EL and I thing that is something which makes big clubs go after him.

I am glad for Maksi and Račić. WHile I'm not sure in Račić's talent, yet to be seen in some serious football, Maksimović had nice season proven himslef in some top league such as Spanish. Definitelly nice move from him to go to Getafe.

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
Yes but they've only been awful because they lacked depth to compete for a top 4 position in the Bundesliga. That's one of the reasons they want to sell Jovic is so that they can bring in 3-4 more players that are relatively cheap but can contribute more at the highest level and add depth to their current squad. They might also be fortunate enough to get a few more big talents on loan like they did with Jovic, Kostic and Da Costa. It'll be an interesting summer for them for sure.
Jovic has been fatigued for the majority of the second half of the season. This was expected. He went from not playing at all to being a substitute last season to playing almost every single game this season including all the matches in Europa League. I'm genuinely surprised he was able to score twice against Chelsea. It just shows the heart this kid has.
If I was Jovic, I would skip the U21 tourney and concentrate on improving his match fitness. Yes, he is strong as hell but that doesn't mean he's at his highest possible level, cardio wise. He needs to get on Kostic's regimen :D
The only player that was absolutely to maintain his level of play was Kostic. This guys is on another level fitness wise. I really hope he can keep it up for another 4 years before injuries start to cripple him. It's inevitable considering his past history with injuries and the level of fitness he competes at.

Racic is a massive talent. Sure, he didn't end the season well (fatigue as well) but he has all the tools to be as good as a player like SMS just more from a defensive front.

Maksimovic might be my favorite player for the NT.
Heart and energy of a Deki Stankovic but the positioning intelligence of world class center back. He's the perfect DM. We really couldn't have asked for a better defensive minded midfielder than Maksi.

·
Registered
44,361 Posts
Discussion Starter #34,445
vYALe_DjiF0

Sve u 16 with Boško Janković. Well worth a listen/watch. Probably the third best podcast after the one with Saša Janković and Deki.

Never should've left for Palermo as mentioned so many times before, especially as Ibagaza (15 assists that year) made a guy like Dani Güiza the "pichichi" of LaLiga in 2007-2008. Could've easily been one of three alongside Arango and Ibagaza in Manzano's 4-2-3-1-system. But I don't think he liked Manzano as a coach because he never really rated Bole.

Some good stories about Beppe Sculli, Sokratis and other players as well as Gasperini as a coach. Funny since Sculli has family in the 'Ndrangheta. Didn't know his favorite team in Spain was Valencia growing up.

·
Registered
3,374 Posts
Just saw that Maksimović signs 5 year deal with Getafe. Think it is good choice for him. He should be starter there unlike in Valencia where he would struggle to get into the team. He had very good season for Getafe and should just build from there.

·
Registered
44,361 Posts
Discussion Starter #34,447
Valencia can still re-sign him by activating an option in his contract for the next two or three seasons. It's good they realized he needed playing time in order to continue his progression. Let's see what next season has in store for him considering it'll be a much tougher and different year as they'll be playing Europa League-football.

·
Registered
3,374 Posts
But what a headline :lol:

I mean I wish him to be two times better then Jović, but this headlines in Serbia really won't help him too much if he doesn't play good in some serious football. In that case you will have comments from people like "ma kakav jovic ne moze ovaj ni cipele da mu nosi, or poor man Jović or something like that.

Stupid papers. Blic slowly but surely becoming shit paper and not just cause of that ofc.

·
Registered
44,361 Posts
Discussion Starter #34,451
Two goals by Lazar Ranđelović against Krasnodar tonight. Olympiacos won 4-0.

·
Zeko lopove...
7,464 Posts
From what I've read he's tearing it up for Orenburg after not having a great season last year. He's such a weird player. He can't really cut it at Crvena Zvezda, but he goes to clubs such as Orenburg and does pretty well. Ultimately he's a solid player who's good for a mid-table club, but not much more than that.

It's irritating because he came through the Zvezda youth school and we had hopes for him. Didn't pan out unfortunately.

Brilliant goal though, no doubt.

·
Zeko lopove...
7,464 Posts
Two goals by Lazar Ranđelović against Krasnodar tonight. Olympiacos won 4-0.
Must be said that he did brilliantly given he came on in the 75th minute and scored two goals in 15 minutes. Not a great night for Uros Spajic for Krasnodar which is a bit of a surprise given Krasnodar put out FC Porto in the last round, much to the surprise of everyone after winning in Portugal 3-2 after a 0-1 defeat at home in Russia.

Olympiacos has proven during these qualifiers that they are not messing around. Randjelovic has been coming on during all the qualifiers around the 70th minute. Good to see given how much Oly has invested in the squad. This signifies that he has impressed the coach.

·
Registered
44,361 Posts
Discussion Starter #34,454

·
Registered
44,361 Posts
Discussion Starter #34,455
1+1 for Đuričić against Roma. His assist was a really nice through ball and the finish in front of Pau was excellent, just life the ball over him when getting a 1 vs. 1.

34441 - 34455 of 34455 Posts