Xtratime Community banner

34401 - 34420 of 34457 Posts

·
Registered
44,361 Posts
Discussion Starter #34,401
Gaćinović hits the post. Kostić follows up. 1-0 for Eintracht after 36 minutes.

https://streamable.com/plmdo

Probably shouldn't have stood because it looked offside.

·
Registered
44,361 Posts
Discussion Starter #34,402
I don't think Dmitrović will stay in Eibar after this season. Another great performance against Atlético. Check out his saves on the 1-vs-1 with Correa and when Godín heads the ball on goal. Impressive.

Has to improve his aerial game when corners are put in tightly with a lot of people in the penalty area

·
Registered
44,361 Posts
Discussion Starter #34,403
Jović is currently in a dip. You can see he's lacking a bit of confidence since the last NT-gathering. Hopefully he finds his way before the Europa League semifinals.

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
I think he's just letting it get to his head all this media coverage. It must be exhausting. I'm sure his agent is ringing him every day as well. The same thing happened to SMS and when the transfer didn't materialize, he went into depression followed by low confidence. Luckily, Jovic isn't at that level yet but he's clearly not playing his game. Trying too hard to run through defenders which isn't his game per say. I think he's reading too many comments of his critics who are saying he isn't fast enough, not good enough dribbler, can't score outside the box and so on. He's been trying to do things that aren't part of his game. Also, him and Paci just don't play well together and Jovic is clearly frustrated when he has to play with him. Think Jovic is really missing Haller last few games. Haller has to be the most underrated player in the world at the moment. He's truly a special player and Mbappe will love him for the NT for years to come.

I also think Jovic really doesn't want to leave Eintracht but the club wants to sell him badly to make some good money off of him. They have a great replacement in Paci and most likely Haller will stay one more season because I think he has one extra level to him and he needs to show something more in the CL to warrant a higher price tag that eintracht want for him.
Rebic isn't going anywhere until after Euros next summer because Fiorentina did a brilliant job and get 50% from the next sale which is bloody genius. 25 million for doing nothing....crazy!

Either way, our players have done great for their clubs this season. Most of them. There are a few that need to move on this summer. Two of them will get a chance for redemption with the U21's in Italy--Lukic and Zivkovic. Have no doubt they will break out next season. Rajkovic needs to move on as well. It's time for a top 5 league in Europe. Think Fiorentina is the perfect place for him to continue developing. I know he has been on their radar. Would like to see Valencia make the CL and buy back Maksimovic. More opportunities for a well known club like Valencia who can raise his value in the years to come and properly develop him. Same with Racic coming back from loan. They clearly rate him at Valencia. Think he will have a massive breakout year next season similar to SMS's 2018. Ljajic might be seeing CL football also if they can beat Fener away in a couple weeks. Same with Spajic in Russia. Quite a few of our players will be representing us in Europe next season. Would also like to see Mitrovic move to a club that can properly use him. I think his style of football fits him in the EPL but also wouldn't mind him being a replacement for Dzeko at Roma. I think Roma knows that him and Kolarov have a special connection and they can take advantage of it. For the NT's sake, I wouldn't mind this move as well. I think Tottenham would like him but he'd most likely be a sub the first season. Last thing we need is Mitrovic dropping form before Euros. He also seems to not get back into form easily once he is in a slump. This season, he has been one of the best strikers in the EPL. Like Haller, Mitrogol is ridiculously underrated. If he is played alongside a proper poacher, he could really take a lot of pressure off his attacking teammates. Even in games he has not scored, he always has two defenders on him. Now, imagine him on a team that has other options....His breakout year is yet to come.

We are set at CB for years to come. Milenkovic surely is on his way out this summer. I think if Serbia does well at the U21 tourney in Italy in June that a Juve, Atletico, or Man United move is almost certain. All 3 of those teams need a fresh new CB badly. I would like to see him stay in Italy and move to Juventus. Both their CB's are near their end and fresh blood is what they need. He would start most likely after next season and I could see him getting quite a few games if Juve expectedly go deep in the CL in 2020. Maksimovic is back to his highest level. He's had a small drop off recently but that was expected. I'd like to see him stay with Napoli one more season. I like the way they have played football this season. Think they could do some more damage next season in the CL. They got unlucky like Zvezda this time around. He's also been linked with Arsenal at the moment. Spajic made an excellent move to Krasnodar in Russia. They have a decent chance of making CL football but definitely EL next year. He's highly sought after by quite a few clubs. A very solid player. Nastasic is almost definitely on his way out. He's been linked with Sevilla, Roma and a move back to the EPL. I think he will do well wherever he goes. He's an extremely underrated CB. I think even Atletico could make good value of him and sell him for more in a couple season. Veljkovic hasn't had a good 2019 so far after starting so well this season. Another red card and cost ruined Bremen's perfect record this season of no losses. Lots of fans are upset with him but he's a great talent. I think right now he will make a good back-up for Maksimovic--Milenkovic partnership. We have some youngin's to look out for too like Jovanovic who is having the best year of his career at Bordeaux. Maras is being noticed by clubs like Sporting and Benfica. He's a Vidic-lite. I really rate Masovic and Babic too. From the younger ones, I think Strahinja Pavlovic and Svetozar Markovic are going to be really good defenders as well. It all depends on their next step. I think it would be a grave mistake for both of them to go to clubs like Juventus and Benfica like it has been reported. I'd like to see them take a step with some mid-level club in Italy like Fiorentina or somewhere in France like Bordeaux who wants Markovic. Normally, I'd want them to stay at Partizan to develop but that club has become a straight up cancer for youth prospects. I have no idea why they chose now of all years to ruin our upcoming golden gen but they never cease to amaze. Want to see Pavlovic, Markovic, Djerlek, Sehovic, Kokir, F. Stevanovic and a few others to get the hell out of the club.

With regards to Frankfurt, I'd like to see all 3 of our guys stay one more season. I know Jovic is most likely on his way out and Eintracht's director, Bobic, also said the same thing when Real Madrid comes knockin', it's hard to say no for both club and player. Think it's a big mistake and not sure if Zidane wants to play with two strikers up front in Benzema and Jovic. Benzema can technically drift to the wings and Jovic does well when dropping in midfield. Kostic should absolutely stay one more year. He's kind of underrated considering how much pitch he covers on that left flank. He's truly a machine. I know Inter talked about buying him to replace Perisic who they are trying to offload. But I definitely think one more season and CL experience will do Kostic well. He's not the youngest guy so this might be one of his last opportunities for a transfer but one more season couldn't kill him...hopefully. He has had some serious injury issues in the past that haven't resurfaced yet-- *fingers crossed* it stays that way. I think Gacinovic will have a nice breakout year in 2020. He's already looking much better on the ball. He's moving into the right spots. He's holding up the ball well. He's attacking midfielders 1 on 1 or even 1 on 2 at times. He's changing direction well. I really like the way he plays. He plays your typical German style of football. Run into open space, make quick pass and run forward. My favorite type of football. This is why Gacinovic will be one of the best Serbian midfielders for years to come. He's going to put on a nice show in the CL next season, guarantee it. Just needs to get stronger like Kostic did because Gacinovic is also injury prone due to his frail structure and that's one of the big reasons why he gets thrown off the ball easily and then starts rolling on the ground like Neymar. That type of BS football needs to stop and he needs to grow up. Would be interesting to see Frankfurt would be willing to pick up Joveljic as a replacement for Jovic. Paci isn't really that good outside his headers.

When it comes to Tadic, he has a few options. Stay at Ajax and babysit the next gen of players while taking a massive pay increase at the club or he can move to one of these three clubs: Bayern, Barca, and Real. I think Bayern is best suited for him because he wouldn't start at either Barca or Real. I also think he would get the most freedom at a club like Bayern that would also be competing at the highest level of football. He most likely wouldn't play every game but at his age, it wouldn't be a bad idea to take a Robben/Ribery role at Bayern. Think that would be the best move for him especially if
Moving to Italy or EPL would be counterintuitive and a step back in his career because they would limit his freedom in how he plays.
The other nice idea about staying with Ajax is that he can maintain his form for the Euros by being the leader of the team and future wise, he wants to raise his family there. Plus, Ajax have some nice booming talents that are up and coming. They are also looking to be competitive next season so they will spend a good penny to bring some talented players over. Wouldn't mind seeing one of our talented young guns go there like a Bogdan Jocic, Zivkovic, or Jovan Kokir.

Good riddance to footballers like Matic, Fejsa and Gudelj. That archaic style of football is no longer needed for the NT. We need more than unidimensional players in our midfield. If we need defense, Krstajic should bring back Milivojevic who at least adds other elements to the game and has always fought to play well for Serbia.

I'm quite interested with how this U21 euros tourney will go for our guys. I think quite a few of them could benefit from this tournament. We have plenty of players that need new clubs this summer. I mentioned Zivkovic and Lukic, but I also think Radonjic, Adzic, Masovic, Pantic, Saponjic and a few others. It will also be interesting to see what happens with Grujic. Will he join them this summer? Will he just go straight to Liverpool? Will he be sold? I think this tournament could help him solidify a place on the bench with Liverpool but at the moment they really don't need a player like him unless Klopp changes his system. They do have aging midfielders. I think possibly the best thing for him would be another loan year back at Hertha and to assess the situation after 2020 Euros. I think some of our players will have breakout seasons starting with U21's. A guy like Racic is looking to have a supernova rise in his career. From what I've seen of him in the last U21 game, he has world class potential oozing out of him. He's made tremendous strides since leaving for Spain. He's really adopted their style of football well and is looking like a new player. I think he could easily be our best U21 player and could be reminiscent of when Matic had that incredible game against Italy at the U21's and Chelsea came calling right after to pick him up. Think Racic might have garner similar interests after June. Randjelovic made a poor decisions to go to an anti-football country like Greece but ok let's see how he progresses. Not sure if he will make the team but Vlahovic is looking really good at Viola. I think he might be the next big striker after Mitrovic and Jovic. Either him or Joveljic. Just needs to use his strength and body a bit more.

Also, we will most likely be seeing Milivojevic moving from Palace. Quite a few teams interested in him. I know Milan want him if they can't get Sergej (even though they play diff positions). Like I mentioned above, he adds more elements to the game than just his DM duties. He's excellent at set pieces and might be the best penalty taker in the world right now or at least in the EPL. He has come a long way since his Greek playing days. He's even improved his short passes. I know a few bigger clubs are interested from the EPL but he should probably stick to a top mid tier club that's possibly going to play some european football next season.

Overall, a very good season from our players and it's not even done yet. We might have the last laugh in the CL and EL with Ajax (Tadic) and Frankfurt (Kostic, Jovic and Gacinovic). Would be quite an amazing feat from both clubs that have been playing inspiring footy this season. We have booming talents coming through the ranks and hopefully they are not too greedy with their career decisions. I look forward to seeing the progression of our next cycle U21 players like Racic, Adzic, Joveljic, Vlahovic, Markovic, Pavlovic, Stevanovic, Masovic, Kokir, Ilic bros, Bogdan Jocic and so on. Some tremendous talent brewingin Serbia. Need to take advantage of this and not let corrupt clubs like Partizan ruin it for us.

·
Registered
44,361 Posts
Discussion Starter #34,407
Dmitrović with another really good performance for Eibar. His save on Gameiro's 1-on-1 is really good (despite Gameiro being a poor finisher).

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
Great game from Sasa Lukic. He got the start and played the full 90 against AC Milan. Finally his dumbass coach plays him in a more offensive role. All season long he's been treating him like a DM/defensive player. Today, he was more in an offensive midfield role really connecting that final 3rd. They're only 3 points out from the last CL spot. It would be an amazing feat if they could accomplish that. I think in terms of play, Atalanta is ahead of them. Roma could always find a way to sneak in as well. AC Milan just doesn't look serious enough. They need to spend some big money this summer. Hopefully he keeps up with his conditioning and gets a few more games under his belt before the season ends so he goes into the U21 Euros with high confidence. We really need him in order to qualify for the Olympics which would be an awesome feat.

Jovic is in a rut right now. Or maybe he's doing it on purpose so he doesn't get sold. He's been very adamant about not wanting to leave and playing in the CL next season with Eintracht. Meanwhile, the club is very willing to sell him to Real Madrid if the offer comes in. Jovic's dad also came out and said his son wants to stay. I wouldn't be surprised as he's really not putting any effort out there since returning from the NT. He's just drifting and making small runs but that's about it. Who knows. There's always politics in sports.

Dmitrovic is 100% gone this summer. Another shut down game from him for Eibar. This time the victim was Valencia. He's really putting on a show out here and deserves a big transfer. Wouldn't want to see him on the bench at Barca. I think he deserves to be a starter somewhere. Surely, there's a top 5 club out there considering him. EPL might be the right move...

Ljajic scores another brilliant goal. He's in top notch form. He's also been a lot more consistent. Would be interesting to see if they could make the CL next season. Europa League is almost a certainty. They're also interested in bringing in Danijel Aleksic to the NT who scored his 10th goal of the season recently. Would be nice to see Ljajic and Aleksic reunited again

Krasnador beat CSKA 2-0. Spajic with a terrific performance. Have no doubt that he will be picked up by a bigger club. They will most likely keep him for one more season if they make the CL next season.

Kolarov gets his 8th goal of the season. Think this is the most of any LB ever in Serie A. I could be wrong though.

SMS' injury apparently not as bad as it seemed. He should be back soon before the season is over and most likely will play for Serbia in June against Ukraine.

Mihajlovic's teams somehow keep winning. I don't know how but that's what's happening. Would be nice to see him bring a few of our players over there. Partizan has a lot of talent that want out of the club. Could be a good move. Maybe even have Vlahovic loaned out from Fiorentina next season.

Dragan Stojkovic will most likely be fired soon for failing to live up to expectations this season. It wouldn't be a bad idea to keep an eye on him for NT coach replacement. Like his style of football.

·
Registered
11,691 Posts
Tadic playing CF for Krles Ajax. Didnt get the ball much but when he did he was triple teamed and still made some good passes to his team. Had a chance to put it away late but instead of kicking with his left he passed the ball to a player that hit the post. Ajax won 1-0 away from home

·
Zeko lopove...
7,464 Posts
Tadic playing CF for Krles Ajax. Didnt get the ball much but when he did he was triple teamed and still made some good passes to his team. Had a chance to put it away late but instead of kicking with his left he passed the ball to a player that hit the post. Ajax won 1-0 away from home
You can see he is riding a high at the moment. It's funny how some thought that he was moving below his level at the start of the season. Well done to Tadic for proving everyone wrong. As dominant as Ajax seem domestically, it will be huge for them to even lift the Eredivisie, let alone the Champions League. I note this because in the last 4 seasons, Ajax has not won the Dutch title. And it's still a question mark this season. The race is neck and neck with two rounds left, Ajax lead PSV on goal differential and head to head. Both are on 80 points. Ajax's remaining fixtures are Utrecht at home and De Graafschap away while PSV's remaining fixtures are AZ Alkmaar away and Heracles at home.

PSV on paper have the worse of the two remaining fixtures with AZ being third in the Dutch league, but it must be said that Ajax faces some serious mental tests of their own as they have two additional fixtures in cup competitions, with the Dutch Cup Final to contest this weekend against Willem II as well as the second leg against Tottenham in Amsterdam next Wednesday. If they potentially lose both of those fixtures, it will be a huge test for Ajax mentally to see if they'll be able to recover for two games that they need to win to win the league. It's a very intriguing couple of weeks in Dutch football. In theory, Ajax should beat Willem II and should advance past Tottenham, but it's never easy in football, and they'll need to stay very concentrated if they're to win a domestic double and make the Champions League final. Given how Ajax is playing, and how resolute they've been, I think they'll manage to do it, but it must be said that if things don't go their way the next week, they will be under some serious scrutiny if they mess up in the league after having caught PSV and beat them to get into 1st position.

If anyone needs any reminding, there was a similar scenario in 2015-2016 when Ajax was tied with PSV with one round left, but was ahead on head to head. All they had to do was win away to none other than De Graafschap (the same side they face at the end of this season away from home) but they only managed a 1-1 draw. PSV won 3-1 at home and ended up winning the title. So anyone who thinks this is all over hasn't followed Dutch football. See link here https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2638780-psv-win-2015-16-eredivisie-title-highlights-reaction-and-breakdown-of-season

Winners of the Dutch league (last 4 seasons) -

2014-2015 PSV Eindhoven
2015-2016 PSV Eindhoven
2016-2017 Feyenoord Rotterdam
2017-2018 PSV Eindhoven

In terms of Tadic's contribution this season, all one can do is applaud these stats.

Eredivise - 32 games played, 24 goals, 12 assists
Champions League - 17 games played, 9 goals, 4 assists
Dutch Cup - 3 games played, 1 goal, 0 assists

Total = 52 matches, 34 goals, 16 assists

Tadic (24 goals) is only second to Luuk de Jong who has 28 goals this season for PSV in the Eredivisie and is only second (9 goals) to Lionel Messi (10 goals) for goals this season in the Champions League.

·
Registered
2,689 Posts
It's clear that Tadic has to play centrally for the NT (and not on the wing) in order to be involved as much as possible. I would like to see him on top together with Jovic or Mitrovic. Ljajic plays great centrally for Besiktas and is a proper back-up for Tadic.

Everything is pointing at 3-5-2 formation for us. The lack of form for our forward-wingers (Radonjic and Zivkovic) and right backs would allow us to use more in form players (as Kostic at LWB and maybe Lazovic at RWB), one additional CM and one additional CB when we have most depth at these two positions. On top of it, a lot of our players are familiar with this formation from their clubs.

·
Registered
44,361 Posts
Discussion Starter #34,412
Tadić plays as a false striker at Ajax and has complete freedom to move where he wishes. Everything's based on different type of movement and tactical patterns where Neres, Ziyech and Van de Beek have different roles in different situations and depending on where Tadić is on the pitch. Van de Beek will be used as a striker from a CM-position if Tadić moves away from the centre while one of Ziyech or Neres will move inside if VdB doesn't have time to arrive or needs a rest (because he makes tons of sprints from midfield). That's when they use their fullbacks to support attacks. Tagliafico often becomes more of a central midfielder and Mazraoui is more of a conventional and modern fullback (often overlapping).

Jović needs to fix his form before the next NT-gathering btw. He's not looking good in the last 1,5 months. He was actually really bad in the last two Bundesliga-games.

·
Registered
3,374 Posts
Ziyech is actually a really frustrating player to watch. He can shine but that comes after a couple of bad moves and it's always like that.

As for Tadić I don't think he had a great game against Tottenham. He had a couple of nice moves but I feel he could do more, I mean he needs to do more when you are marked as a player who makes difference on the pitch. He should have burried that ball into the net instead passing to Neres, he had time and space for that.

·
Registered
44,361 Posts
Discussion Starter #34,414
That's such an easy thing to say. He barely had the ball and if he needs something to "shine" then it's the ball. Ajax played in a different way against Spurs than recently apart from the first 20 minutes. You need that too in order to go far in a tournament. Spurs still have a good chance to go through btw.

Skickat från min Pixel C via Tapatalk

·
Registered
147 Posts
“I left the Premier League because I got kicked all the time. If you don’t play for one of the top six teams, you cannot dominate games. You spend a lot of time without the ball.

“In the Premier League, it’s hard because you don’t get much protection, it seems to be 80 per cent for the defender and 20 per cent for the attacker. It’s much different if you play in Europe, you are protected more and I’ve loved playing for Ajax. We look to dominate against every team we play.”

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2019/05/01/dusan-tadic-joined-ajax-play-team-can-win-trophies-bruising/

I really believe it was that bad kick to his face which broke his nose - and likely gave him a concussion too - that started his long dip in form at Southampton. He likely lost trust in their system and the other players there to make a fair effort of defending him from assaults like that. I don't think that kick was an accident.

·
Registered
3,374 Posts
That's such an easy thing to say. He barely had the ball and if he needs something to "shine" then it's the ball. Ajax played in a different way against Spurs than recently apart from the first 20 minutes. You need that too in order to go far in a tournament. Spurs still have a good chance to go through btw.

Skickat från min Pixel C via Tapatalk
Wait you mean on Zizech? Cause I was thinking on Ziyech not Tadić :grin2:

·
Registered
44,361 Posts
Discussion Starter #34,417
Wait you mean on Zizech? Cause I was thinking on Ziyech not Tadić :grin2:
You wrote Tadić so I naturally assumed it was him.

I really believe it was that bad kick to his face which broke his nose - and likely gave him a concussion too - that started his long dip in form at Southampton. He likely lost trust in their system and the other players there to make a fair effort of defending him from assaults like that. I don't think that kick was an accident.
He grew tired of having to work harder and longer in order to get into good positions and be able to execute with inferior players while being kicked out of games on a regular basis. The only coach who understood how to use him correctly was Koeman and that's because he worked in Eredivisie where he saw Tadić in all sorts of roles. Southampton also sold off their best players and lost important people in their club structure.

It's easier to "shine" when you're playing with De Jong who'll always find a way to get the ball to you in advanced positions as opposed to you being forced to do everything on your own or if you have to start in lower positions constantly. It's also easier if the system allows you to shine or if you yourself can get into important goal scoring positions more often.

And finally: there's a difference between playing with Charlie Austin, Shane Long and Nathan Redmond as strikers and the current teammates he has at Ajax. Only David Teixeira and Luc Castaignos are worse than these guys..

·
Registered
3,374 Posts
Yup but "shine" was in part about Ziyech :D

Jović was very good tonight against Chelsea. Very nice and smooth goal.

Kostić needs more intelligence at the pitch to be major at this level unfortunatelly. His physics are phenomenal and on top level. Also crossing works like a charm. Too bad he makes a lot of stupid moves per game, along with good ones of course.

Gaćinović needs physics and better technique for top level obviously. He is good player no doubt about that but not for top level. Maybe if he improves next season, cause you never know, but so far... not that good. Too many mistakes from openplay and he is playing CM. His work rate on the other side is surprisingly good.

·
Registered
44,361 Posts
Discussion Starter #34,419
For anyone wondering: yes, Madrid are signing Jović in order to serve as a back-up for Benzema. I hope it falls through but it looks unlikely.

Fali is getting himself €9 million for the transfer while Benfica earned themselves €9 million apart from the money they got from Eintracht when they exercised their option.

Money that could've landed in Zvezda if there was some sort of social protection system in place and interest long term.

·
Registered
44,361 Posts
Discussion Starter #34,420
Leverkusen up 6-1 after 36 minutes against Eintracht. Kostić scored for Frankfurt but rarely have I seen a team this bad in the first 35 of a game.

Jović and Gaćinović have come on after the sixth goal.

Tadić assisted Blind's goal against Willem II in the final of the KNVB Beker.

Maraš scored for Chaves against Feirense btw.

Dmitrović with a great performance against Betis today. Even saved a penalty. One mistake during the whole game (miscommunication with a few defenders but they managed to clear up the situation). Won Eibar three points today but it has to be said that Joel was even better even if Dmitrović is getting all the headlines.

34401 - 34420 of 34457 Posts