Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other ... (Please State Who)

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
27,571 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I would appreciate it if one of the moderators made it a poll.

Milan Jovanovic
Dejan Stankovic
Nemanja Vidic
Milos Krasic
Branislav Ivanovic
Zoran Tosic
Vladimir Stojkovic
Zdravko Kuzmanovic
Gojko Kacar
Marko Pantelic
Miralem Sulejmani
Nenad Milijas
Other

Perhaps I am missing someone?

·
Registered
1,941 Posts
:doh:What??? No Kezman:mad: :howler:

My vote would have to go to Stankovic, just for the simple reason that he has been playing unbelievable for Inter and especially for Serbia. Most of us thought that his career was over, but it doesn't look like that anymore.

He's also got my vote for that one time he ran after the ball from half field and almost got it before it went to the keeper. I've never seen anybody run that fast, and I especially didn't expect it from Stankovic.:proud:

·
Registered
4,611 Posts
easily Vidic... way too good at ever level...
if Football was played in the entire galaxy Vidic would still own all

·
Banned
9,210 Posts
Vidic???

Is this even a question. We should do what BeliOrlovi site is doing. We should make a thread for Serbian Sportist of the Year 2008...Because Vidic totally owns this poll. ;)

Djokovic, Ivanovic, Jankovic, Vidic, and Cavic. Any of these sportists could win and would be a much better thread. I'm too lazy to make one ;)

·
Registered
23,488 Posts
Yeah, I saw that poll on BeliOrlovi. I'd say I'd have to vote for Jelena Jankovic out of the 5. She has quite the year. Vidic is up there too.

·
Ne oprastam
12,643 Posts
I know, feel free to suspend me from our two-man Nenad Milijas fan club.
You're on probation pal.

I'm going to have to go with Milan Jovanovic, he is having a break out year for both club and country and I only see things getting better for him in the new year.

·
Banned
9,210 Posts
Even though Vidic was the only player from Serbia that was entered in the World's 2008 best player..Also one of the three defenders that were nominated. Not to mention the fact that he was Manchesters second or third most influential player in winning the Champions League and domestic league two years in a row.

I think people are only voting for Jovanovic and co. because they already know Vidic is the clear favorite.
Just think of it this way before you vote...If you had first draft pick for your fantasy team..Which player would you choose ;)

·
Registered
11,983 Posts
:groan::scream::mad::thmbdown:

we have an end of the year thread dedicated to this (with a lot more questions)

and where the fak is Dusan Basta?

·
Registered
4,941 Posts
It's pretty easily Nemanja Vidic. You can't have a much better year than winning the English Premier League title, Champions League title, playing at a MOM level in the CL final, as well as establishing yourself as one of the very best in the world at your position.

·
Registered
647 Posts
I simply can't honestly say somebody else but Vidic. One of the main legs of a CL winner and best club in the world.

Jovanovic is first but in a different level, nobody is where Vidic is at.

·
Nullius in verba
9,334 Posts
Gojko Kacar.

Kacar is one of the extremely rare players that left the Serbian domestic scene without playing for either Crvena Zvezda or Partizan, although there are more and more recently. Kacar also became the most expensive player in FK Vojvodina's long history. Kacar made his team, FK Vojvodina, competitive in the SuperLiga and caused a lot of headaches for other teams, including the Belgrade giants; Aleksic is currently having a similar impact, but in smaller proportions.

Kacar, even at such a young age, has become a regular and crowd-favourite at Hertha Berlin and one of the best youngsters in the Bundesliga. He is also one of the most versatile players I have ever known, being able to play virtually anywhere in the pitch, maybe even as a goalkeeper - who knows. Kacar can be used in any position, he can replace any place, which makes him an excellent addition to any team.

Also, Kacar has been a standard player for our national team as well as for the under21 selection, for which he scored 5 goals in one single game against Hungary during the qualification tournament. Even for the senior national team, he is always one of the better ones on the pitch.

Obviously, Kacar isn't at Nemanja Vidic's level, but I think Kacar is at a higher level than Vidic was when he was 20-21 years old. I am sure he will soon play for a football giant in Europe and will become one of the all-time greats for our country.

Gojko Kacar - my nomination for 08 Serbian Player of the Year Award.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.