Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
1st Tier Poster
49,572 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
lineup 4-4-2: Sergei Pareiko, Enar Jääger, Taavi Rähn, Raio Piiroja, Ragnar Klavan, Sander Puri, Konstantin Vassiljev, Aleksandr Dmitrijev, Dmitri Kruglov, Tarmo Kink, Sergei Zenjov

·
1st Tier Poster
49,572 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
イラ;8152216 said:
Estonia is showing progress... tight match with Italy, a few individual errors, and now this. Do you think you can entertain and show some ambition this qualification?
Well we're definitely looking better out there on the pitch than ever before. What makes the main difference IMO is that we finally have a pair of skilled forwards in Kink and Zenjov who are able to hold up the ball and do something creative with it and go past the defenders on regular basis. We've never had such a good pair of attackers before in our 20 year history.

Especially Kink (who has been in awesome form for the last 2 years) looks like a player who could make impact in top level club football too. Let's see how he does in Middlesborough.

·
1st Tier Poster
49,572 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
BTW I feel sorry for the Serbian keeper...booed undeservedly from the start by the fans because of some club rivalry bollocks. It's not easy to keep confidence like this so no wonder he did poorly on all goals...everybody hated him even before the match, I hope they don't hang him now. :scared:

·
Registered
42,712 Posts
Ah, I guess he plays for Red Star or Partizan.

The Latvia surprise route to qualification was cool to follow, culminating in the play-off vs. Turkey. Of course they had Verpakovskis. Would be great if there was another aggressive contender from a Baltic nation but it's early days. Still there's promise.

·
1st Tier Poster
49,572 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
too bad that we couldn't get any points from the Italy match...then we could've dreamed of pushing for the qualification :D

anyway, something that makes tonight's victory even more valuable is that apparently Serbia hasn't lost at home since 2001 :eek:

1 - 20 of 42 Posts