Xtratime Community banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Veteran Argentina defender Nestor Sensini believes Marcelo Bielsa was premature in discarding him from the World Cup squad. "Now I am in perfect shape and I demonstrated it in the Coppa Italia final," declared the Parma centre-back.

The 35-year-old was hoping to make his fourth World Cup after returning from injury before Bielsa called him with the bad news.

"If I had got to know that I wasn't going to be in the team by reading the newspapers I wouldn't like it, so I appreciate that Bielsa took the time to tell me the reason why I wasn't going to be in the World Cup," he explained.

Sensini has won more than 50 caps for his country and was hopeful of getting a chance to travel to the Far East when Bielsa brought him back for the game against Wales at the start of the year.

"I think that he didn't call me this time because I had many injuries during this season and that's a shame," he explained. "But I still think that I can play two more years at the top level without any problem."

The defender has played in Serie A for more than ten years and won the Uefa Cup twice, including once as captain, as well as this season's Coppa Italia, where Parma beat Juventus.

"I must confess I am a little bit sad because it would have been a great ending to my career," said Sensini. "Having the chance to play four World Cups with four different coaches would have been something really important."

But he added: "Now I am only thinking in ending my career in the best way possible. In the next few weeks I will decide with my agent Gustavo Mascardi what I want to do."

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
Jazlan said:
"But I still think that I can play two more years at the top level without any problem."

But he added: "Now I am only thinking in ending my career in the best way possible. In the next few weeks I will decide with my agent Gustavo Mascardi what I want to do."
Hm, that doesn´t look as if Parma made him an offer to extend his contract.IMO it would be perfect to play one more year and the become a youth coach or something like that at Parma! He made great things for the club and was a loyal servant for many years, so he has earnd it and it would be respectless simply to say no if he wanna play 1 more year! With his experience and leadership he is like a bit a coach on and off the field!

So Arrigo please keep Nestor!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts