Xtratime Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Folks what's everyones take on the situation with Sensini and Benarrivo. It looks like both are out of contract and want to play but Parma has made no mover to sort anything out.
Sensini has stated that he only wants to play one more year and I could well imagine Benarrivo retiring in a year or two at most.

These are players that have been crucial to Parma over the years, Benarrivo in particular has played some great games this season and brings lots of experience to the team.

Personally I think that both players should be kept as cover and to provide some experience to the squad for next year. Already this year when he hasn't played Sensini has been like another manager on the bench yelling instructions to the team to keep them organised. If we're going to have a very young team we are going to need players like this in the squad.

KLP.

·
Missing Guidolin.
21,157 Posts
Yeah, like most of us have said before, they both need a one year extension to provide experience. Bena has been great and is very loyal to club, and I think he deserves a new contract.

·
Registered
658 Posts
i think we should keep sensini and make him do the coaching corse as well and take it from there.
But both of them shoudl be given contracts i think as well.
But if they can get full playing time else where and they want to play i'm happu for them to leave as well :)

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think the thing that irritates me is that Parma have just left them both in limbo and now the players are looking to have a talk to decide what's going to happen.

I think that the players are being treated pretty badly in this respect especially when you consider Benny is our longest serving player.

When you think that Di Vaio considering offers the Parma management should just leave him to rot for a few weeks while they sort out the details with the dedicated players.

KLP.

·
Banned
188 Posts
Well, I think with the bunch of youngsters we have, we need players to lead them and Benarrivo and Sensini are great leaders and are Parma through and through, I remember Sensini turning down a regular place in the Sampdoria side(while they were in Serie A) to stay at Parma and he was a regular for us that season.

And I don't need to say anything about Antonio Benarrivo, A legend, he would be in the All-time Parma XI for sure.

Both should be given contracts as they are top players and can still play as they have shown this season and the previous few years.

They have worn the Parma jersey with pride when ever they play.

The Parma board know nothing of good transfer dealings and respect.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts