Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
62,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just reading one of the AS columns today and there was a quote by Figo:

"Now I feel Madridista", underlined Figo. "I've been here five years and I feel united with the club. I always want the best for Madrid, and that they always triumph".
This guy has battled war after war for us... won CLs, won La Ligas, been our only 'Galactico' in many, many games when the rest of them have done nothing.

Senhor Perez, this was the man that got every socio to vote for you in your first Madrid election.

This was the man that gave you the reputation you have.

This was the man that put _your ass_ in that box seat every game.

How can you do this to him now, Florentino?

What does everybody else think?

·
Registered
12,959 Posts
Excuse me my ignorance, but what is this about? I've heard somewhere, Perez doesn't want to offer Figo a new contract. Are you mad because of that?

·
Banned
23,575 Posts
lili said:
Are you mad because of that?
I doubt it could be that.....

probably Figo was not invited to Perez birthday party :rollani: :D

·
Registered
62,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
lili said:
Excuse me my ignorance, but what is this about? I've heard somewhere, Perez doesn't want to offer Figo a new contract. Are you mad because of that?
This is a thread in response to the treatment Figo has received as opposed to Zidane, Roberto Carlos and Solari in terms of contract renewals.

It's not fair, considering all he's done for us, meant for us and meant for Florentino Perez.

·
Registered
12,959 Posts
FigoIsGod said:
This is a thread in response to the treatment Figo has received as opposed to Zidane, Roberto Carlos and Solari in terms of contract renewals.

It's not fair, considering all he's done for us, meant for us and meant for Florentino Perez.
It isn't fair, but I also think the problem is his wage. He's probably not ready to take a paycut. I also think it's sort of a media pomp and that in the end of the day an agreement will be settled. ;)

·
Registered
1,753 Posts
I hope so. After gonig through all his goals and plays in his Barca & Portugal days, and then seeing him playing well for RM, I really dont want to see him play anywhere else.

Figo in his first two seasons at RM was hot IMO.

·
Registered
10,390 Posts
Man thats life.
I just trust my shadow.

·
Registered
8,509 Posts
i was never a big fan of figo the person, but as a player, like FigoIsGod wrote, he gave everything to this club and was realy one of our best players so far in the current season.
what pisses me off is that zidan was offered a new contract last season, while he was already not playing well, now he is playing like $hit and just "counting the money".
if none of this two would not be offered a new contract i would think it made sense, since both are only getting older not younger.
but why the hell figo is not offered a new contract now?
and lili, why should figo take a pay cut when zidan is still receiving the shmalacticos money and doing nothing?

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Alter Ego said:
Man thats life.
I just trust my shadow.
Yeah, you can't trust anyone these days. :nono:

btw isn't zidane retiring at the end of season? That will leave us in even a greater crisis :scared:

·
Registered
13,074 Posts
I personally want Figo to get the hell out of Madrid. I want to see him either go back to Portugal or to the EPL.

·
Registered
2,636 Posts
sagyv said:
what pisses me off is that zidan was offered a new contract last season, while he was already not playing well, now he is playing like $hit and just "counting the money".
if none of this two would not be offered a new contract i would think it made sense, since both are only getting older not younger.
but why the hell figo is not offered a new contract now?
and lili, why should figo take a pay cut when zidan is still receiving the shmalacticos money and doing nothing?
Because if you already made a mistake and handed big money to a player on the decline, you do not double your losses and hand big money out to another one. Assuming that both players start losing their step in the next year, wouldn't you rather have to deal with just one, instead of two?

Besides, I don't know what the problem is. Someone like Figo should love becoming a free agent.

·
Registered
62,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
MAD Fan said:
Besides, I don't know what the problem is. Someone like Figo should love becoming a free agent.
Evidently you underrate the love Luis Figo has for Real Madrid.

He doesn't want to be a free agent... getting a huge pay-day or playing somewhere else does _not_ appeal to him. Deep down, Figo is 100% Madridista and this is the only club for him.

·
Boti Boti Boti
10,303 Posts
Yes, he has greeeat love for RM... I mean, he was there for 5 years...

Ooops, wait a minute...

You guys actually believe he is 100% Madridista??? :rollani:

·
Registered
755 Posts
"Now I feel Madridista", underlined Figo. "I've been here five years and I feel united with the club. I always want the best for Madrid, and that they always triumph".
desperate you mean.. :scared:

If Perez can give solari a new contract then figo deserves one. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
62,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
zyad said:
Yes, he has greeeat love for RM... I mean, he was there for 5 years...

Ooops, wait a minute...

You guys actually believe he is 100% Madridista??? :rollani:
Would it be too much to ask for if you can avoid ruining one of the threads here?

If you're not going to provide insight to the original question, then you're nothing but a troll.

·
Boti Boti Boti
10,303 Posts
No, that's not what ruins a thread... what ruins a thread is lack of credibility, which is exactly what Figo has when he claims "Now I feel Madridistas" he was at Barça for just as long, and made the same kind of comments just before he did what everyone knows. So don't give me this bull about him being whatever he says he is "deep down".
He is a pesetero, and I'm not ruining a thread by putting in real pictures that might strike a nerve. That's the reality.

·
Honorable Mention, February 2013 XT Photo Contest
21,026 Posts
FigoIsGod said:
Would it be too much to ask for if you can avoid ruining one of the threads here?
I agree, Zyad, those pictures are disgusting:yuck: :D

Figo is 100% Pesetero oopppsss I mean Madridista:pp

·
Premium Member
27,068 Posts
To say heart is white is useless, but to say he give his heart when he wears the whites is more important.

Actions always speak louder than words.

Thank You Luis for breaking the hearts of a nation :D

1 - 20 of 66 Posts