Xtratime Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7,935 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
CAMARA !!!!! I LOVE YOU MAN !!!!!!!!!

DIOUF !!!! I NEVER THOUGHT I'D SAY IT, BUT I LOVE YOU TOO !!

Diouf was robbed of two legitimate penalties in the first half !!

WAY TO GO SENEGAL !!! YOU MADE AFRICA PROUD !!!!

THERE IS A LOT MORE FROM WHERE SENEGAL CAME FROM ! I said it once, its all about proportions ! Look at South Africa and the hard time they gave Spain and almost qualified, Nigeria crashed but can you say they played bad ? Cameroon almost made it !

Now Senegal beat France, tied with Denmark, and beat Sweden (who beat Argentina and tied with England) and even Senegal isnt very superior to many other African teams (Egypt beat them, Morocco could beat them, Cameroon beat them, they struggled against Nigeria, and I am sure they will struggle against Mali) so what does that tell you about Africa ? Look at the Youth world cup and who were ranked 2nd and 3rd (Ghana, Egypt) ?

I have high hopes for Senegal reaching the semis.. :)

VALDANO, where are you ? :D

·
Registered
10,421 Posts
Sabry said:

DIOUF !!!! I NEVER THOUGHT I'D SAY IT, BUT I LOVE YOU TOO !!

Sabry! Man this is over the top. :D

Of course it is great for Africa, but I'd never say I love Diouf :yuck: :D

But seriously, it is very good to have an African team in the quarters finally. We as African soccer fans have waited for this so long, and now it finally happends.

Way to go Senegal!

:)
Prince

·
Registered
7,935 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: Re: Senegaaaaaal And Africa !!!!!!!!!!!

Prince-O said:

Sabry! Man this is over the top. :D

Of course it is great for Africa, but I'd never say I love Diouf :yuck: :D

The moment was just too much for me to handle, I apologize :D .. After watching a re-run of the game today and how Diouf complained about every touch I am back to hating him again ;) ..

Yeah, it feels great ! I havent updated my website in ages since there is nothing to write but "Cameroon quit", "South Africa quit", "Tunisia quit", "Nigeria quit".. But today is a special day :) ..

·
Registered
14,672 Posts
Sabry said:
DIOUF !!!! I LOVE YOU TOO !!
:D This is a quote I will remember :devil:

No seriously Senegal rocks. I didn't give a penny for there chances. Sweden is a tough team and without Fadiga my hopes were low. I was wrong. Senegal and Sweden had a good game and the Africans came ouyt on top. Diouf is slowly turning into the sensation of this tournament. Seeing him at the Africa Cup I was too impressed. A good striker but nothing more. Now I think he's one of the most complete forwards on the tournament. Not only very fast, skillfull but also good passing and most importantly able to play with his back against the goal.

But Senegal is more than Diouf (and Fadiga). Coly is the best right-back in the tournament. Omar Daf had a rather weak first half, but boy did you see the rest :eeek: :proud:. And I won't even talk about Camara Papa Bouba Diop or Diao. Metsu is right were are witnessing the birth of a very good team.

Now Senegal will face Turkey or Japan. Two decent teams, but nothing more. And this I fear will be the main threat. This is a inique opportunity for an African team to reach the semi's on a WC. Do not blow it. Although will face a relatively weaker team, be concentrated. Make us proud :proud:

·
Cachorro
18,741 Posts
Go, go, GO, Senegal!

There were two penalties for Senegal in the first half, both overlooked by "we-all-KNOW-he's-incompetent" Ubaldo Aquino. Aquino's performance surprised nobody who had ever seen him at work: The big surprise is his presence in this World Cup!! :eekani: :devil:

But justice prevailed. Senegal will smash Turkey or Japan - doesn't matter which - and will reach the semifinals. And if Brazil isn't there, I'll be supporting Senegal for the title. They play BEAUTIFUL soccer! :) ;)

·
Registered
188 Posts
Are you guys backing Senegal to go all the way? Coz I certainly do!!! :)

GOOOOOOOOOOOO ON SENEGAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAL!!

Senegal: 2002 World Cup Winners ;)

·
Registered
548 Posts
Sabry said:
VALDANO, where are you ? :D
My brother, I'm here :) I've been offline a while though, celebrating Senegal and Africa's success man :cool:

What more can I say about this Senegalese (and African) success?? :D Your guess is as good as mine guys ;)

Ose yei Mother AFRICA!! Long live AFRICA!!!

BTW, I've got a question for all you guys.... This coming Saturday, what's the main entree on the menu for Mother Africa in Osaka ??
hehehehe :D :crazy: The answer requires just one word hehehehe :D :tongue:

·
Registered
7,935 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
:drool: Turkey :lick: :D

Oh man, an African team in the semi finals ? That would be awesome.

How many extra seats will we get for that ? I assume so far we will get AT LEAST 0.5 seats which should be great !

ACN2006 will be on fire ! I expect the best games in the history of Africa to be played then. It will have much more value but we will miss the qualifications :(

I just hope Egypt hosts ACN2006, you will see 70,000 fans in the stadium in every single game (not only Egypt).

Speaking of Egypt, I heard the celebrations for Senegal's qualifcation were wild two days ago ! People celebrated in the streets as if Egypt won. Ironically, Senegal eliminated Egypt from the WC. But who cares, this is Africa now ;) ..

·
Registered
10,421 Posts
Yeah, I read that too! There were also celebrations in Mozambique and some other countries! This describes the feeling the Africans have. Senegal plays for the whole continent, for all of us!

Come On Senegal! Let's have a bite of Turkey! :D

·
Registered
188 Posts
As El Hadj Diouf said, Senegal are playing for the whole African continent, not just Senegal.

I am very confident Senegal can beat Turkey. Let's hope Africa will be represented in the semi finals (and then go all the way to win it ;) :) :fero:

·
Registered
14,672 Posts
:( :depress:

This was it for African football on the WC. Again no semi-final. Senegal didn't look as fresh as in their other games and Turkey played very very good football. We could ask ourself what if Camara hadn't blocked the shot of Fadiga in teh first half, but in the end it's no use. Senegal brought us many nice moments last weeks :proud:. Thanks and well done Turkey :)

·
Registered
10,421 Posts
Once again no semis :depress: :depress: :depress:

I had real hopes Senegal would reach the semis, but in the end they lost. Bravo Senegal and thanks for the nice games

:cry:

·
Registered
7,935 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Three bad news for me in one day:

- Senegal lose :(

- Lame Korea advance :(

- The lame tactic of blaming referees continues with the Spaniards blaming Egyptian referee Ghandour for their own incompetence.. The linesman signalled offside and out befre they scores, so the Korean team stopped playing and the Spaniards were given free headers into the goal, but in the losers books thats a "goal".. Sure, when you cant put the ball in the back of the net in 120 minutes because you are a loser who got only 2 shots on goal you can always blame the referee for "biasm".. Ironically, Ghandour was ref in the game they won 3-1 vs Paraguay.. :rolleyes:

Losers day and the biggest loser is Cassillas. I can understand him blaming the linesman, but not Ghandour.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts