Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
2,743 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Please if anyone is listening, whether it's OC or whoever's the DS next season, please send this poor excuse for a player to Pluto, where he can never touch another football again!

What is Vince Grella good at exactly??

Passing....NO (Hey VINCE, ur NOT Andrea f*ckin Pirlo, stop trying to drop long bomb passes in front of guys, or trying to thread the needle for a through ball thats a million metres long)

Tackling...NO (Newsflash, u suck at everything else, so u have to be a hard tackler and take away time and space!...U obviously don't get this concept when Parma are getting dominated in the midfield by the likes of Sulley Muntari and ur doing sh*t all in response,...u know u have a f*ckin problem)

Instincts....NO (Right now playing a pylon in the centre mid position would be a better choice...at least the pylon would be able to stop the odd ball that rolled its way every now and again.)

Scoring....well thats a definite NO

Please, send this guy away, I can't stand it any longer, I'm losing my sanity watching him play.

Don't get me wrong, everyone played a sh*t game against Udi, but geez, the centre mid linking the defense and the offense is the most crucial player on the field, and we have this wally filling the role!...Please, send him away! (...and Ruopolo (aka Corradi Jr.) too while ur at it!!)

·
Registered
481 Posts
I've seen a few Parma games and I thought Grella played pretty well. Is he that crap for the club. He plays superb for the NT.

·
Registered
8,304 Posts
Grella is having a decent season and I always defended him, but yesterday he was pure shyt, I agree with LucaGol about that. I dont agree with the rest of the post though, as I said, Grella is having a season above average IMO.

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
Fact is that Parma is chock full of shit players. Singling out Grella is silly no matter how bad he plays. Ideally, he wouldn't be anywhere near Parma but that goes for most of our current squad. Considering our financial situation, even if Grella goes someone equally shit will replace him. We have to make do with whatever you want.

Not being shit is sadly not a prerequisite for playing for Parma anymore.

·
Registered
5,440 Posts
I have seen some matches with Parma this year, and i dont think Grella sucked. He was ok. He was actually praised by the commentators for his skills as the defensive anchor and ball contribution. They said he was essential for the team..

·
Banned
2,825 Posts
:D

He is crap and pretty embaressing to football, I have always believed this, but the whole team was shit in Udine

·
Registered
866 Posts
man we lost to udine and this team is now pure shit whereas last week against inter it was all hail

guys we should be all happy with table standings right now!!

·
HEY, WHA' HAPPENED?
24,083 Posts
South_Melbourne said:
Grella = God
But I could have sworn Vince exists :confused:

·
Registered
2,743 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
His decision making, above all else, infuriates me. I dunno why, I can't get past it. He may be having an above average season for his standards, but I still don't like him.

@ Dredg, i can usually catch parma games on TLN in Canada, they show tripleheaders on Sundays with 2 games on tape delay

·
HEY, WHA' HAPPENED?
24,083 Posts
Well, get over it. He's not going to be replaced by anybody any better, probably someone who makes Grella look like Viera in his prime. In a few years, you'll long to have Vince back in the team.

·
Registered
2,743 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Are u joking right now...anyone is better than Grella...anyone...

I've seen a lot of soccer, and let me tell u, he's terrible...period.

·
Registered
2,919 Posts
You'd prefer Bolano? LOL!

You seriously must have a warped view or just caught him EVERY SINGLE TIME he's played badly. I know there are plenty of flaws to his game, but I've never seen him play as badly as you're making it out to be. In the Parma games I've seen this year (which isn't enough to form a very strong opinion) he's been solid in half and average in half ... "bad" in maybe one or two. So as far as his year at Parma goes I only really listen to Djet and the various sites that do ratings, and both of those sources tell me Grella's having a pretty good year :D

·
Registered
13,659 Posts
Come on. No need to pick on the players. We're a shit team with a shit future. Enjoy Serie A while it lasts instead of insulting our players.

·
Registered
2,743 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Ok, this is the main problem with european football vs. sports in North America...there's no statistics to actually meausre an individuals performance unless your the goalie (clean sheets), or a striker (goals). There are no widely known, or frequently kept, or highly regarded set of statistics where one could easily access. If someone's having a bad season in hockey you'll know it, because he'll have low point totals, low plus/minus, maybe too many penalty minutes, too many give aways, etc etc.

In soccer, evaluation of a player's ability is objective most of the time. For players that are not the goalie or the striker, success is largely measured on the teams success (which is ok to a certain degree), or whether the player is on "form" or not, or whether he's being utilized in a role that best suits his qualities. Obviously, people who know soccer can tell a player's quality if its there, but for many many players, there is large grey area, where its nearly impossible to validate the level of play.

By the way, this doesn't void my Grella is awful, arguement... ;)

·
HEY, WHA' HAPPENED?
24,083 Posts
VERDI said:
Come on. No need to pick on the players. We're a shit team with a shit future. Enjoy Serie A while it lasts instead of insulting our players.
Indeed, indeed.

1 - 20 of 67 Posts