Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 104 Posts

·
Registered
7,509 Posts
Strictly relying just on technical abilities/brilliance of all 11 players is a big mistake. Teams also need to show fight, hunger, hustle, urgency, winning the ball back, help defenders, etc. For this collective reason, Belgium should be able to beat France. The French team has its fair share of players that put in the hard work, but Pogba is sitting selfishly on 10 other player's efforts and I think that will be the difference (Also, Hazard is going to expose him big time). Belgium have weaker defenders in comparison but the overall team concept and team play will get them through this one. Scoreline wise, I don't know. The French have some of the better defenders in this tournament so I'll say Belgium 2-1.

·
Registered
34,126 Posts
Belgium have glaring deficiencies they've shown, vs Japan and the 2nd half vs Brazil they looked bad.

Kinda think their luck has run out come France.

If Belgium win it, they'd be the worst winners ever surely.

·
We will ROCK u
6,843 Posts
France are a talented and deep team but I believe Belgium can beat them...they have some top ballers too. I think hazard and Kevin will take over the game and help Belgium to win their first ever worldcup trophy!

·
Super Moderator
13,722 Posts
Should be a great game! I'm rooting for Belgium but both teams are strong, and have fantastic and likeable players.

·
General Iordanescu
28,591 Posts
Griezmann + Mbappé vs Hazard + De Bruyne

Lloris vs Courtois

Honestly, really not much between the teams IMO. Maybe a 1-1 or 2-2 FT or whoever gets a bit of luck. Maybe France on PKs.

Belgium usually skedaddled as soon as they met a decent opponent but did well vs Brasil this time around.

·
Super Moderator
13,722 Posts
Griezmann + Mbappé vs Hazard + De Bruyne

Lloris vs Courtois

Honestly, really not much between the teams IMO. Maybe a 1-1 or 2-2 FT or whoever gets a bit of luck. Maybe France on PKs.

Belgium usually skedaddled as soon as they met a decent opponent but did well vs Brasil this time around.
True. And you could do similar comparisons elsewhere -- perhaps France have a stronger central midfield with Kanté + Pogba + Matuidi, particular as the former two are on paper better than Witsel + Dembele (although De Bruyne has been deployed there too).

Similarly, France seems more solid in their formation, but Belgium more flexible. It will be interesting to see if there are more surprises in formations and lineups in Belgium. I doubt Deschamps will make important changes, but Martinez has to figure out if he sticks with the formation that took Brazil off guard, if he goes back to his 3-4-3, if he mixes things up again, etc.

·
Registered
7,509 Posts
Fellaini compensates a little for Witsel, but Witsel needs to be much more aggressive in this match. France has depth in their DMs even if Pogba is having an average performance. France's defensive line is sturdier than Belgium's, that's for sure. France will be the paper favorites but Belgium will have its chances and deserve a shot here. They played a meaningless friendly in 2014 and it was close, Belgium I think got it 4-3? But this is the WC, anything can happen. I just hope it will be a close classic.

·
Registered
13,892 Posts
I think the winner of this semi wins it all. France has the better team so I give them the :thumbsup:

·
Registered
17,498 Posts
Both teams playing way below potential they have...think France will get lucky.

·
God of Beira Rio
1,852 Posts
1 - 20 of 104 Posts